McMinn Central at CAK

charger05

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to hosting Central! I noted that they traveled well to the Alcoa game a couple of weeks ago. This should be a great match up between 2 very good teams. I think you'll enjoy your trip to Warrior Stadium. The food is great and the atmosphere is great too! Stadium is not big, but the facilities are very nice. There is a great playground connected to the visitor's side that your kids will enjoy.

Thanks Govolsknox for your post. What a change to see comments made like this to the opposing team. We all look forward to coming up and hopefully watching a great, injury free game between 2 great teams.

I'm looking forward to hosting Central! I noted that they traveled well to the Alcoa game a couple of weeks ago. This should be a great match up between 2 very good teams. I think you'll enjoy your trip to Warrior Stadium. The food is great and the atmosphere is great too! Stadium is not big, but the facilities are very nice. There is a great playground connected to the visitor's side that your kids will enjoy.

Thanks Govolsknox for your post. What a change to see comments made like this to the opposing team. We all look forward to coming up and hopefully watching a great, injury free game between 2 great teams.

Thanks 5Charger. I believe you will find the CAK fans are very friendly. While I'm not a fan of the way the TSSAA handled today, it will be exciting to see these two teams next Friday. I caught the Alcoa / McMinn Central game since it was on a Thursday. Alcoa has a way of making very good teams look very average. QB was very impressive and the size / height of your WR / DB's looks like it can create match up problems for alot of teams. And of course, we've all talked about your punter / kicker. What a weapon!

Hey...I think I have this playoff bracket figured out....

CAK plays McMinn Central in the second bracket for a chance to play Alcoa because.....

If CAK would been in the bottom half aganist Bledsoe, then that would have been a #1 District finisher Bledsoe vs. #2 District finisher CAK, which wouldn't be fair to Bledsoe.

Well Maybe Bledsoe could have moved up to the top half but then that would have put CAK vs Loudon which cannot happen and it would have put CAK as a higher seed than Bledsoe and that cannot happen because Bledsoe was #1 and CAK was #2

If they moved both CAK and McMinn C to the bottom bracket then McMinn C would have been on the same side as Polk and according to the video you cannot have a #1 and #2 on the same side.

But if CAK is in the top bracket than the video is busted again..... :wacko::blink:

my suggestion....send Alcoa west :flower:

Ron, I understand your point, and at this time it is all a moot point, but allow me to respond and then I'll drop it.

The recurring theme on the TSSAA "video" starting around the 17:30 mark is that if two or more teams are from the same district, the number 1 and 2 from that district won't meet until the 3rd game. They show this in example A, B, C, and D, consistently. They even go on to address verbally and on the slide where the number 3 team from a district will be placed WITHIN THE BRACKET in the various scenarios. You point out accurately that in addition to the 4 teams from dist 4, there are two other teams, Polk and McMinn Central from the same district as well. Based on the slide(s) showing how the TSSAA will handle 4 teams from the same district, this is the way they should have been placed.

Top half

1 Alcoa

6 Tyner

5 McMinn Central

7 Loudon

Bottom Half

4 CAK

3 Bledsoe

8 Kingston

2 Polk

This puts the 4 teams from Dist 4 in the exact placement that the TSSAA shows. Note that the #1Alcoa and #2CAK cannot meet until the 3rd game. Also note that the #1 Polk cannot meet #2 from the same dist McMinn until the 3rd game. The video voice over explicitly says that priority will be given to the placement of teams from the same district, and that there will not be, "a true seeding in many cases." I understand that the bracket above is not perfect either, but it is in line with the information that the TSSAA put out on the subject. As I said before, they didn't have to put out ANY information; they could have just done what they wanted. But once they put out the methodology, they should have to stick to it. It would be no different than putting out what the wildcard tie-breaker procedure will be and then changing it on the fly. It's wrong! We deserve better from the TSSAA. If Gerry Bertier can get it closer to 100% accurate by midnight, then the TSSAA should have been right on by 7:00CST. And after a revised bracket, it's still wrong! Now, enough of that, it is what it is, but I'm not inclined to sugar coat it.

Hey...I think I have this playoff bracket figured out....

CAK plays McMinn Central in the second bracket for a chance to play Alcoa because.....

If CAK would been in the bottom half aganist Bledsoe, then that would have been a #1 District finisher Bledsoe vs. #2 District finisher CAK, which wouldn't be fair to Bledsoe.

Well Maybe Bledsoe could have moved up to the top half but then that would have put CAK vs Loudon which cannot happen and it would have put CAK as a higher seed than Bledsoe and that cannot happen because Bledsoe was #1 and CAK was #2

If they moved both CAK and McMinn C to the bottom bracket then McMinn C would have been on the same side as Polk and according to the video you cannot have a #1 and #2 on the same side.

But if CAK is in the top bracket than the video is busted again..... :roflol::roflol:

my suggestion....send Alcoa west :roflol:

Ron, I understand your point, and at this time it is all a moot point, but allow me to respond and then I'll drop it.

The recurring theme on the TSSAA "video" starting around the 17:30 mark is that if two or more teams are from the same district, the number 1 and 2 from that district won't meet until the 3rd game. They show this in example A, B, C, and D, consistently. They even go on to address verbally and on the slide where the number 3 team from a district will be placed WITHIN THE BRACKET in the various scenarios. You point out accurately that in addition to the 4 teams from dist 4, there are two other teams, Polk and McMinn Central from the same district as well. Based on the slide(s) showing how the TSSAA will handle 4 teams from the same district, this is the way they should have been placed.

Top half

1 Alcoa

6 Tyner

5 McMinn Central

7 Loudon

Bottom Half

4 CAK

3 Bledsoe

8 Kingston

2 Polk

This puts the 4 teams from Dist 4 in the exact placement that the TSSAA shows. Note that the #1Alcoa and #2CAK cannot meet until the 3rd game. Also note that the #1 Polk cannot meet #2 from the same dist McMinn until the 3rd game. The video voice over explicitly says that priority will be given to the placement of teams from the same district, and that there will not be, "a true seeding in many cases." I understand that the bracket above is not perfect either, but it is in line with the information that the TSSAA put out on the subject. As I said before, they didn't have to put out ANY information; they could have just done what they wanted. But once they put out the methodology, they should have to stick to it. It would be no different than putting out what the wildcard tie-breaker procedure will be and then changing it on the fly. It's wrong! We deserve better from the TSSAA. If Gerry Bertier can get it closer to 100% accurate by midnight, then the TSSAA should have been right on by 7:00CST. And after a revised bracket, it's still wrong! Now, enough of that, it is what it is, but I'm not inclined to sugar coat it.

I completely agree GVK, but looking on the brighter side of things, at least we get to host a first round game. That will help offset a bit of the sting. :P With the bracket above we would have been on the road the entire time. The team has brushed it off and are already preparing for the Chargers. GO WARRIORS

How well will McMinn Central travel? Our concessions director is asking me. We had a big crowd for the Alcoa game. Was told we ran out of hamburgers twice, trying to plan better this time. I'm already working on getting more trash cans for the visitors side. Our stadium is small but quaint, nice facilities. You'll be treated well.

Being that you're a Christian school, I assume you all have a servant's heart and will do the Christian thing by giving free food to the Central fans there? It's at your house and Central will be visiting you.....so I assume that's why you're asking so you'll be sure you have an adequate amount of free food for your guests? Please let me know as soon as possible so I can contact all of my children and Grandchildren and tell them about your generosity. :roflol:

Blitz, you don't know how close you are! My understanding is that this is exactly how CAK was going to handle the food until they thought about Footballdad at the concession stand. Bad idea! :roflol:

I don't know who Footballdad is......but I know a few of the Central coaches and have broke bread with them a few times. Between them and me, we could bankrupt any concession rather quick!!! :roflol:

I read a lot of smack over the past two seasons. This is the first thread that the smack is lips after tasting good food. LOL LOL It's a blessing to have good teams with good kids, good parents/fans getting together to play good football. I've coached 100s of soccer games I'm very competitive. You can play hard and play to win and be good sport at the same time.

I read a lot of smack over the past two seasons. This is the first thread that the smack is lips after tasting good food. LOL LOL It's a blessing to have good teams with good kids, good parents/fans getting together to play good football. I've coached 100s of soccer games I'm very competitive. You can play hard and play to win and be good sport at the same time.

And that's exactly the way it should be.....especially when Christians are involved. And it's been proven that Baptists are the best eaters amongst all denominations. :hungry:

Do/did you coach competitive soccer in the Knoxville area? My oldest Granddaughter played for the U12 MUFC team in Athens, and we played a lot of teams in Knoxville this past Spring.