TSSAA mistake again

Govolsknox

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the revised bracket stands, if CAK advances past the first round will face their district foe Alcoa in round 2. This issue is discussed on their training video and they are electing to handle it differently than their own training video shows. Amazing.

I don't see how they can just make "changes on the fly." I also noticed that AE was playing G.P. in the second round, how can this be true?

I hope someone is willing to explain how they meesed up the brackets the first time. I find it hard to believe that they (TSSAA) worked on these brackets at all after last nights games. Should have had some check systems in place to review before posted. This is meesed up hope someone is man enough to attempt to explain!

If the revised bracket stands, if CAK advances past the first round will face their district foe Alcoa in round 2. This issue is discussed on their training video and they are electing to handle it differently than their own training video shows. Amazing.

Where you seeing the revised brackets?

tssaa.org says they are still down.?

They are updated but not linked yet.

http://www.tssaa.org/2009champions/stat ... racket.htm

They are updated but not linked yet.

http://www.tssaa.org/2009champions/stat ... racket.htm

is this right? it won't link?

Yes Gold, Gerry has other documents that confirm the video I believe. However, the "video" is really a series of slides or documents set to a voice over explanation. So, no other documents are needed. There are things they didnt explain in there selection plans andI am fine with them doing whatever they see fit in those situations, but if they are going to specifically address certain situations then they should handle it the way they said they were going to.

I'll admit that I am a little in shock over the way the brackets were handled. I have no problem with CAK moving to quad 2, AE moving to quad 1, or the way the seedings were determined. These things were as they should be according to the information the TSSAA put out at the beginning of the season. My issue is with the TSSAA not placing the 4 teams from district 4 the way their own material says they will be placed in quad 2. There is no excuse for the mistakes made early this morning, but if you are going to change what you've already published, get it right according to your own materials. If you aren't going to do it the way you say you're going to do it, then don't say anything about the process and just do whatever you wish. What really bothers me the most is that the misplacement in their 2nd attempt is in my opinion not intentional; it's another mistake! You've got CoachT posters who could and have done a better job, and more quickly, than the TSSAA's own staff.

These dramatic changes have resulted in exactly nothing different for my team. With a 9-1 season, we face a very capable top 10ish team in round one. Then if we are fortunate enough to advance, we will meet Alcoa in round 2 for the 4th year in a row.

Oh well, let's play some football!