Gibbs at Red Bank...Let the Playoffs Begin!!!!!

bluelionheart23

Red Bank finished its 3rd perfect regular season in 4 years last night. The Lions are also the only undefeated team remaining in 4A. Potentially, they could host the first four games of the playoffs (with them being a one seed and if they get to the semifinals, they get to host because in odd-numbered years, if two teams are the same seed rank, the top-bracket team hosts), which could make our road to state very easy. First up on the menu is Gibbs.

Do any Knoxville (or Chattanooga, or anywhere else) fans have any info at all on Gibbs? All I know is that they're 6-4 and 4th in their district. Will the 2 hour trip down here be fruitful?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the best high school coaching staff in the nation. I would like to send a big shout out to Coach D (Tim Daniels) and his coaching staff at Redbank on their brilliance in leading the LIONS to their standings of 10-0 and #1 spot in 4A. I have all confidence in the coaching staff and the football team that we will be celebrating 10-0 in a few weeks.

Well, we made it official with a win over HIXSON last night. CONGRATULATIONS REDBANK LIONS Now, can Redbank continue the domination all the way to COOKVILLE? Let the real games begin! Go LIONS!

i think red bank should handle a 4 seed team pretty well. with a good coaching staff i do not think you guys will overlook them but beware east ridge has been playing with chip on their shoulder lately and looking to hopefully get rematch with red bank if they can take care of business in knoxville this friday. if they do the atmosphere in round 2 at red bank should be electric! not sure if it will rival the atmosphere at east ridge for the region championship in 2001 when gerald riggs and charles white were seniors! awsome atmosphere to play in...hopefully it will be rivaled in round 2 this year!!! lets play football baby!!

It is a great atmosphere for High School football especially playoffs. We have concrete bleachers on both sides, clean bathrooms on home and visitor side, and concessions on both sides also. Great playing suface for the players and also plenty of parking around the school. Our website is bluenationfootball.com but I don't think it has any field pics on it.

Looking forward to playoffs starting and hope the Lions can make a run for State Championship as we did in 2000.

It is a great atmosphere for High School football especially playoffs. We have concrete bleachers on both sides, clean bathrooms on home and visitor side, and concessions on both sides also. Great playing suface for the players and also plenty of parking around the school. Our website is bluenationfootball.com but I don't think it has any field pics on it.

Looking forward to playoffs starting and hope the Lions can make a run for State Championship as we did in 2000.

Yeah the school has loads of parking. They have 5 different lots around the school, including a huge lot around the south end of the stadium, and the stadium itself is really nice. The away stands may seem a little bit small, but it's really only a problem if Gibbs has a moderately large to huge band.

However, the only real problem with the stadium is that for the most part, it's really hard to get a good view of the game unless you're parked on a small area on the highway or you're actually within the fence. There's also no visiting team locker room, and behind both home and away stands there are steep slopes with fencing so you really gotta be inside the gates to get a good view. Parking isn't a problem--not paying admission to get in probably will be.

If it rains it will be very soft. With the amount of rain we have had this year it has not been good for our field, but we have not played on it in 3 weeks and the forecast looks good for this week so It should be in good shape.

Not a whole lot of places to eat in Red Bank, we do have a good mexican restaurant in the south end of Red Bank called Amigo's but other than that it is just a few fast food places. If you are coming in from Knoxville on 75 then the most places to eat are at exit 5, it is around a large mall and there many places to eat. It is about 20 minutes from our school. You will come through downtown Chattanooga on your way in and there are several places to eat there but you will have a hard time parking.

Sounds like a good atmosphere. Looks like the weather should be great also, but just in case does the field do well in bad weather? What are some good places to eat nearby?

WAR EAGLE!

BTW, our website is linked to the left

<----------------------------------

If you're coming through on highway 27, past downtown and the big baseball field, across the river, and you take the "Morrison Springs Rd/Red Bank" exit, you'll see a Hardee's just on your right from the ramp and the school is less than a mile on your left. If you take a right turn on Morrison Springs Road, and continue past Hardee's, you'll be in downtown Red Bank very quickly--you'll either have to turn left or right onto Dayton Boulevard. There is a Sonic and Subway a little ways if you turn right; a Chinese Restaurant, Baskin-Robbins, and others if you choose left. The Amigo's that pigpen874 mentioned is in downtown RB, but it's quite the distance from RBHS--you turn right on Dayton Boulevard and then continue WAY right. Amigos is about 8-10 minutes from RBHS via Dayton Boulevard; Sonic around 5-6; the Chinese place 3-4; Baskin-Robbins 3-4; Subway 4-5.

We have the best high school coaching staff in the nation. I would like to send a big shout out to Coach D (Tim Daniels) and his coaching staff at Redbank on their brilliance in leading the LIONS to their standings of 10-0 and #1 spot in 4A. I have all confidence in the coaching staff and the football team that we will be celebrating 10-0 in a few weeks.

Well, we made it official with a win over HIXSON last night. CONGRATULATIONS REDBANK LIONS Now, can Redbank continue the domination all the way to COOKVILLE? Let the real games begin! Go LIONS!

Look, Red Bank has a good team this year, but hey...."the best high school coaching staff in the nation"??? Get real. Good thing Maryville moved up cause the best staff in the nation could never beat those sorry coaches. :thumb: Anyway... Goodluck Lions. Don't look past anyone, play one game at a time and they "should" be playing in Cookeville.

best coaching staff in the nation? ehhh up for debate.... red bank winning this game by atleast 3 touchdowns? ha! do you really have to ask... red bank is unstoppable.

Words like "unstoppable" give teams locker room material. RB needs to take each game one at a time. No one is ever unstoppable. They should be playing for the gold ball, but will need to stay focused and play their best game every week. Fulton is in their bracket which is a quality team who's staff has alot of "big game" experience. Go Lions !!!!