Coffee County vs Riverdale

warhawks

Is there a Coffee County fan who posts on here, who has the initials DW?

I'm speaking of a DW who used to be a volunteer assistant football coach at CCHS in the late 90's, and who also worked for the AEDC in Tullahoma.

He is still at AEDC, coaches softball at Riverdale and is a radio broadcaster at WMSR in Manchester. He is a busy man.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW I cannot believe someone said this is a bye week...I remeber in the 96? season I think we were 10-0 and had dominated everyone so first round of the playoffs we play dickson county (sometime in the later part of the 90s)DC was 5-5 and came to MTSU and beat us in OT so NEVER THINK YOU HAVE A BYE WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS...

I agree with TDCMAN we need to turn up the intinsity in the playoffs this year as the regular season means nothing. I have been pleased with our defense the past several weeks and it not only needs to keep it up but turn it another notch during these next 5 weeks if we are gonna win state.

GO WARRIORS

Guilty and yes I do. I just hope we start out fast and hard so we can rest some starters in the second half. Anyone check out the field today and see how much real damage the mud bowl created?

Who REALLY takes care of it now that Coach Britton is gone? Got to give him credit he made it one of the best natural fields to play on in the Mid State.

I'm speaking of a DW who used to be a volunteer assistant football coach at CCHS in the late 90's, and who also worked for the AEDC in Tullahoma.

He is still at AEDC, coaches softball at Riverdale and is a radio broadcaster at WMSR in Manchester. He is a busy man.

Thanks for the information. How could I contact him? He and I were friends and went to some UT football games together with our wives.....but we lost contact 5-6 years ago.

Thanks for the information. How could I contact him? He and I were friends and went to some UT football games together with our wives.....but we lost contact 5-6 years ago.

he actually posts on coach T so go to the softball boards and see if he will respond

WOW I cannot believe someone said this is a bye week...I remeber in the 96? season I think we were 10-0 and had dominated everyone so first round of the playoffs we play dickson county (sometime in the later part of the 90s)DC was 5-5 and came to MTSU and beat us in OT so NEVER THINK YOU HAVE A BYE WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS...

I agree with TDCMAN we need to turn up the intinsity in the playoffs this year as the regular season means nothing. I have been pleased with our defense the past several weeks and it not only needs to keep it up but turn it another notch during these next 5 weeks if we are gonna win state.

GO WARRIORS

riverdaleman, that game was in 99. Remember, rankin didn't have senior night on the last game of the season that yr. He was expecting some big huge donation from Fernando Bryant and instead used that last game to honor him. Parents were very TICKED when he changed the night at the last minute. So they had senior night on the night of the 1st playoff game. Dickson County rolled in with a scraggly group of sophs ( they had had several srs blow out knees earlier in the season) and Riverdale thought they had that game won and were looking ahead. That scraggly bunch came in and smacked the warriors in the mouth for the disrespect. The rest is history and that group of srs never forgot how they were treated that night after the game by Rankin. My son had 3 best friends in that class and that was when my dislike of rankin was born. I won't bore you with details as I have put them in print many a time on here already.

GO WARRIORS

riverdaleman, that game was in 99. Remember, rankin didn't have senior night on the last game of the season that yr. He was expecting some big huge donation from Fernando Bryant and instead used that last game to honor him. Parents were very TICKED when he changed the night at the last minute. So they had senior night on the night of the 1st playoff game. Dickson County rolled in with a scraggly group of sophs ( they had had several srs blow out knees earlier in the season) and Riverdale thought they had that game won and were looking ahead. That scraggly bunch came in and smacked the warriors in the mouth for the disrespect. The rest is history and that group of srs never forgot how they were treated that night after the game by Rankin. My son had 3 best friends in that class and that was when my dislike of rankin was born. I won't bore you with details as I have put them in print many a time on here already.

i orignally had type 98 and new that wasnt right you are right it was 99 I remember that day at school I was substitute teaching and everyone was talking about how everyone was gonna get to play that night and then we get beat in OT and then at school on Monday it was NOT GOOD!!!NO ONE WAS HAPPY THAT DAY !!!!!!Rankin put his SRs in a lot of control on the attitude of the team and the team didnt do so well that day however we turned it around and went back to the state championship the following year losing to Red Bank

GO WARRIORS

Just goes to show you that you cannot ever over look any opponent!

i orignally had type 98 and new that wasnt right you are right it was 99 I remember that day at school I was substitute teaching and everyone was talking about how everyone was gonna get to play that night and then we get beat in OT and then at school on Monday it was NOT GOOD!!!NO ONE WAS HAPPY THAT DAY !!!!!!Rankin put his SRs in a lot of control on the attitude of the team and the team didnt do so well that day however we turned it around and went back to the state championship the following year losing to Red Bank

That started the five in a roll championship game apperences! GO WARRIORS!

GO WARRIORS

Guilty and yes I do. I just hope we start out fast and hard so we can rest some starters in the second half. Anyone check out the field today and see how much real damage the mud bowl created?

Who REALLY takes care of it now that Coach Britton is gone? Got to give him credit he made it one of the best natural fields to play on in the Mid State.

LOD you are sure right about Coach Britton! He did an excellent job taking care of the game and practice fields as well as coaching our offensive line! :roflol:

This game is a testament to the belief that the TSSAA screwed up when they changed the system. CC is in a re-building year, and under the old system wouldn't be in the play-offs this year. I'll show up as a loyal CC fan, but I also realize we are not a team that deserves to be in the play-offs. We have a great bunch of kids and they've been scrappy as heck all year. I wish them the best, and hope they don't get embarrassed Friday night. I also hope Riverdale shows some class, and realizes this is the systems fault not CC's.

This game is a testament to the belief that the TSSAA screwed up when they changed the system. CC is in a re-building year, and under the old system wouldn't be in the play-offs this year. I'll show up as a loyal CC fan, but I also realize we are not a team that deserves to be in the play-offs. We have a great bunch of kids and they've been scrappy as heck all year. I wish them the best, and hope they don't get embarrassed Friday night. I also hope Riverdale shows some class, and realizes this is the systems fault not CC's.

I hope we come out build a BIG lead and then let next years team play the second half but unfotunatly we dont seem to pull away from teams til the 4th

I hope we come out build a BIG lead and then let next years team play the second half but unfotunatly we dont seem to pull away from teams til the 4th

Coach A will show class im sure if the Warriors pull out to a big lead. Afterall, it would be great to see a little of what we will be seeing next year. The Warriors have to take care of business early, then take care of the starters to keep them injury free for the big rematch...that is if Blackman wins....