Craigmont @ Lawrence County

purple75gold

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculed you did I? I don't remember ridiculing you. What I recall saying is that you said Millington's "region dominance continues" and we beat you. I then also asked you what game we made zillions of mistakes in and you never answered. And our zillion mistakes is not what cost us the game at Bartlett. We got a good old-fashioned butt whoopin last Friday. If you want to pick Lawrence that is fine. But if you are basing that pick on the Bartlett performance and our "zillion mistakes" I think you will be proven wrong. Lawrence runs the same offense as Millington for the most part and does not run it as effectively as Millington in my opinion. As my memory serves me, we did fairly well against this offense the past couple years. I think this game will be one of the better first round games in the state.

The offense LC runs may be similar to Millington, however, Millington isn't very sporty. I based my opinion on things I have personally seen. Mistake after mistake at Arlington (I was trying to be nice by not mentioning the helmet thrown at a fan during the game and the fight that ensuned on your sideline where security had to come and break up multiple scuffles...ring a bell?) I have to question the discipline of the Chiefs. A long bus ride plus a LC team that has home field and has ended a long drought playoffwise, prove too much for the Chiefs. Lawrence Co. wins this! Again, just my opinion.

not mentioning the helmet thrown at a fan during the game and the fight that ensuned on your sideline where security had to come and break up multiple scuffles...ring a bell?

How about you get all the facts and then get on here? There was an Arlington student trying to fight our cheerleaders and the players were defending the cheerleaders and themselves when he started swinging. He DID NOT throw his helmet at a fan. He didn't even throw the helmet.....he swung it (bad decision) and it slipped out of his hand and onto the ground. Question the discipline do you? The player that hit the Arlington QB very late is done.....Coach Van Hooks suspended 5 players for the Millington game....suspended another 2 for the Bartlett game. Why do I have to keep asking you to stop slinging mud onto this program? You act like your team makes no mistakes ever and plays perfect football week in and week out. It's people like you that make Millington look bad and make the knowledgeable people on this site tired of reading and just say "screw it.....I'm tired of reading this garbage." I am about to that point. Find something worth while to talk about instead of questioning Van Hooks discipline in his program and continually bringing up incidents - some which you apparently make up - that happened weeks ago. Do the good Millington fans on here a favor and know when to keep your mouth shut.

Dang, it must be great to be you two(BMACK & GOCHIEFS) the only ones with all the facts and great opinions. Anyway hope you get to make the trip to Lawrenceburg and see for yourself so you won't have to get your updates on Saturday from these threads. Good luck both teams and safe travel for Craigmont players and families.

Dang, it must be great to be you two(BMACK & GOCHIEFS) the only ones with all the facts and great opinions. Anyway hope you get to make the trip to Lawrenceburg and see for yourself so you won't have to get your updates on Saturday from these threads. Good luck both teams and safe travel for Craigmont players and families.

It is nice to be in the know. :roflolk:

GoChiefs will be there. I'll be at Arlington, sorry.

LCHS advances.

Great to hear from you again ftbllfn! It appears most people are picking Craigmont to win a close one here. This LCHS team is getting little respect about like Hardin County. I hope all teams to the east of Memphis wins. Good luck to both LCHS and Hardin County. Maybe they will meet again this year!

Nope not any respect for any of the rural teams. The Memphis teams pretty much have dominated through the years. Interesting scenrio to me is how Ridgeway and Craigmont end up playing in mostly 6A team distircts then melrose, east, mithcell have one 6A team in their district. Makes for a tough road. I actually think if the system is not tweaked a bit we will one day see a 7 or 8 seed 5A team out of Memphis win the state.

I love this line............"He didn't even throw the helmet.....he swung it (bad decision) and it slipped out of his hand and onto the ground."!! This is great stuff!!

That's funny. The other thing that is funny is that this is true. You can't make up stuff like this! :thumb:

LCHS advances.

Great to hear from you again ftbllfn! It appears most people are picking Craigmont to win a close one here. This LCHS team is getting little respect about like Hardin County. I hope all teams to the east of Memphis wins. Good luck to both LCHS and Hardin County. Maybe they will meet again this year!

Nope not any respect for any of the rural teams. The Memphis teams pretty much have dominated through the years. Interesting scenrio to me is how Ridgeway and Craigmont end up playing in mostly 6A team distircts then melrose, east, mithcell have one 6A team in their district. Makes for a tough road. I actually think if the system is not tweaked a bit we will one day see a 7 or 8 seed 5A team out of Memphis win the state.

Funny you have said the Memphis teams have dominated through the years so I thought I would list how dominating they have been over the years. If you would notice there are few Memphis teams that have been very dominating! What a joke:

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DATABASE

Home | About HSFD | Support HSFD | Search | Links | Contact HSFD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

(click on underlined scores for TSSAA game statistics)

2008 2007

II-AA: MUS 38, Brentwood Academy 18 II-AA: MBA 12, Brentwood Academy 0 Highlights

II-A: Davidson Academy 36, Harding Academy 34 II-A: St. George's 34, SBEC 12

I-AAAAA: Oakland 20, Franklin 13 I-AAAAA: Smyrna 46, Independence 20

I-AAAA: Hillsboro 10, Maryville 7 I-AAAA: Maryville 28, Maplewood 13

I-AAA: Knoxville Catholic 28, Mitchell 18 I-AAA: David Lipscomb 32, Fulton 24

I-AA: Alcoa 28, Milan 14 I-AA: Alcoa 35, Goodpasture 3

I-A: Trousdale County 31, Jo Byrns 14 I-A: South Pittsburg 52, McKenzie 20

2006 2005

II-AAA: Brentwood Academy 37, McCallie 34 II-AAA: MUS 31, Christian Brothers 27

II-AA: Knoxville Webb 17, ECS 14 II-AA: ECS 26, Knoxville Webb 0

II-A: Davidson Academy 14, St. George's 5 II-A: Davidson Academy 27, Bishop Byrne 6

I-AAAAA: Smyrna 35, Ravenwood 14 I-AAAAA: Ravenwood 14, Oak Ridge 7

I-AAAA: Maryville 35, Hillsboro 10 I-AAAA: Maryville 23, Melrose 10

I-AAA: Fulton 24, David Lipscomb 14 I-AAA: Livingston Academy 28, David Lipscomb 13

I-AA: Alcoa 31, Goodpasture 3 I-AA: Alcoa 55, Goodpasture 12

I-A: Jackson Christian 19, Friendship Christian 13 I-A: Trousdale County 52, Union City 16

2004 2003

II-AAA: MUS 35, Brentwood Academy 14 II-AAA: MBA 38, Brentwood Academy 14

II-AA: Briarcrest 24, ECS 0 II-AA: BGA 24, Knoxville Catholic 19

II-A: Bishop Byrne 45, Tipton-Rosemark 14 II-A: SBEC 27, Bishop Byrne 16

I-AAAAA: Riverdale 35, Franklin 7 I-AAAAA: Germantown 10, Riverdale 7

I-AAAA: Maryville 7, Melrose 6 I-AAAA: Hillsboro 21, Morristown West 0

I-AAA: Fulton 34, Greenbrier 6 I-AAA: Fulton 36, Covington 9

I-AA: Alcoa 52, Huntingdon 41 I-AA: Huntingdon 48, David Lipscomb 14

I-A: DCA 31, Boyd-Buchanan 24 I-A: Boyd-Buchanan 26, DCA 3

2002 2001

II-AAA: MBA 27, Brentwood Academy 11 II-AAA: McCallie 17, Brentwood Academy 16

II-AA: Briarcrest 16, BGA 13 II-AA: BGA 24, Briarcrest 20

II-A: Bishop-Byrne 68, SBEC 14 II-A: Bishop Byrne 35, SBEC 12

I-AAAAA: Brentwood 10, Riverdale 7 I-AAAAA: Riverdale 35, Hendersonville 7

I-AAAA: Maryville 29, Hillsboro 26 I-AAAA: Maryville 34, Hillsboro 27

I-AAA: Ridgeway 21, Fulton 14 I-AAA: Austin-East 27, Crockett County 21

I-AA: David Lipscomb 28, Mitchell 0 I-AA: Goodpasture 14, Westview 0

I-A: CPA 26, Boyd-Buchanan 20 I-A: Ezell-Harding 63, Cloudland 26

2000 1999

II-AA: MBA 8, Brentwood Academy 7 II-AA: MBA 49, Christian Brothers 15

II-A: ECS 23, Briarcrest 20 II-A: ECS 22, Briarcrest 6

I-AAAAA: Red Bank 27, Riverdale 7 I-AAAAA: Sevier County 31, Glencliff 27

I-AAAA: Maryville 33, Memphis East 14 I-AAAA: Memphis East 20, Knoxville Central 14

I-AAA: Portland 43, Covington 0 I-AAA: Milan 21, Portland 14

I-AA: Alcoa 27, Union City 20 I-AA: Goodpasture 31, Huntingdon 6

I-A: CPA 49, USJ 27 I-A: South Pittsburg 42, Moore County 13

1998 1997

II-AA: MBA 21, Brentwood Academy 19 II-Large: Father Ryan 10, MBA 7

II-A: BGA 24, Briarcrest 14 II-Small: BGA 19, Knoxville Webb 7

I-AAAAA: Oakland 46, Hendersonville 24 I-AAAAA: Riverdale 34, Munford 18

I-AAAA: Maryville 52, Whites Creek 20 I-AAAA: Pearl-Cohn 36, Maryville 16

I-AAA: Melrose 35, Kingston 34 I-AAA: White House 30, Melrose 20

I-AA: Milan 16, David Lipscomb 6 I-AA: Tyner 13, Union City 10

I-A: Trousdale County 63, USJ 18 I-A: Trousdale County 35, Clarksville Academy 0

1996 1995

AAAAA: Brentwood Academy 28, Jefferson Co. 7 AAAAA: Brentwood Academy 27, Riverdale 16

AAAA: Pearl-Cohn 18, Knoxville Halls 14 AAAA: Cleveland 14, Haywood County 3

AAA: Melrose 32, Tyner 12 AAA: Marion County 28, Humboldt 7

AA: Knoxville Webb 27, Goodpasture 20 AA: Goodpasture 30, Meigs County 13

A: DCA 51, St. Benedict 3 A: BGA 17, Bruceton 6

1994 1993

AAAAA: Riverdale 14, Germantown 10 AAAAA: Lincoln County 20, Riverdale 7

AAAA: Cleveland 7, Haywood County 6 AAAA: Cleveland 26, Brentwood Academy 21

AAA: Marion County 43, Portland 13 AAA: Springfield 28, McMinn Central 6

AA: David Lipscomb 42, Harriman 0 AA: Sweetwater 10, Milan 6

A: South Pittsburg 14, Lake County 7 A: Trousdale County 14, USJ 0

1992 1991

AAA: Gallatin 21, Clinton 13 AAA: Oak Ridge 30, Gallatin 0