claiborne vs chattanoga brainerd?

claiborne1

Hey barb as for all the "talent" claiborne has compared to everyone except g-ville is even or maybe less. South Greene had a better qb and skilled people was much faster. CG better qb and somewhere around 6 or 7 starters from last years team. wg don't know? I do know this, someone told me claiborne will have 7 starters back on defense next year with 2 of those being there best d-lineman. Very young group in the d-backfield as it showed throughout the year. Overall I believe wg,sg,cg, and chs are evenly matched with the talent they have each year. They will never have enough talent to compete with greenville but maybe in the future greenville will come down to there level. I seen it happen with Knoxville Carter 6 years ago they where competing with maryville,central,and others and know look at them. So it will happen, either you get better or you get worse. You don't stay the same.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey barb as for all the "talent" claiborne has compared to everyone except g-ville is even or maybe less. South Greene had a better qb and skilled people was much faster. CG better qb and somewhere around 6 or 7 starters from last years team. wg don't know? I do know this, someone told me claiborne will have 7 starters back on defense next year with 2 of those being there best d-lineman. Very young group in the d-backfield as it showed throughout the year. Overall I believe wg,sg,cg, and chs are evenly matched with the talent they have each year. They will never have enough talent to compete with greenville but maybe in the future greenville will come down to there level. I seen it happen with Knoxville Carter 6 years ago they where competing with maryville,central,and others and know look at them. So it will happen, either you get better or you get worse. You don't stay the same.

If we were close enough to Knoxville to lose talent to Maryville and Alcoa, we'd be in that boat too! But I believe Greeneville will stay competitive....if not you know we don't have a problem playing up if it makes us better.

But what really chaps my ponderous, old butt is the sage writers of the AP thought they were top 10....nay even top 5 material.

Barbarella....you really should listen to fanatic cause the more you post the more clueless you sound....in the past two weeks you have gone from saying Claiborne has no talent to having so much talent they should have blown out every team they played ( except Greeneville of course ) it appears that you twist it from one extreme to the other to suit the point of your post.

I am glad to see you admit the real reason you go to other schools threads and try to trash their accomplishments with your comments above. It just has to be about the Greene Devils....can't stand anyone else having success. You also trashed West Greene when they were declared county champs....there is a recurring theme here. When you constantly make degrading remarks about other schools it does not paint them in a poor light, but it does say volumns about you.

If we were close enough to Knoxville to lose talent to Maryville and Alcoa, we'd be in that boat too! But I believe Greeneville will stay competitive....if not you know we don't have a problem playing up if it makes us better.

What about the 3 other years you have to play with these teams? You know exactly what I'm talking about. Over a period of time you will play to the level of your comp. No matter who you schedule for your non-reg. games. You will come down to there level! Mark my words....Or the other schools will get better.

For crying out loud, i click on the claiborne-brainerd thread and get to read a lecture on barbs vast football knowledge, how refreshing, never seen that before. Barb u should just give it a rest big daddy is making u look silly. Brainerd may be the best team claiborne has seen so far including greeneville, i don't know a lot about them but they beat austin east and i know the roadrunners are very good. Claiborne would have to win the turnover battle in a big way to advance in my opinion.
I have to disagree with you on this one point. Greenville is much better than brainerd but that still does say claiborne will beat them. I do like your point about barb though.

I do not think Greeneville is better than Brainerd whenever Greeneville plays teams like Red Bank, Howard, Tyner, and the rest of that league then you can talk... Greeneville plays Chucky Doak thats a joke........BHS wins this one 21-0

barb owning a computer and making almost 3,000 posts does not make you an expert on high school football, and when you make statements like the one about claiborne having enough talent to have blown out their conference foes it shows you don't know as much as kev-o said. The better measuring stick of a well coached team is winning close games vs teams they are evenly matched talent wise with especially when they play on the road. How did your devils do in close games this year when they played teams that were close talent wise? Also the polls mean nada in high school football, why get your panties in a wad when the playoffs will take care of rankings. I do not know you personally but your posts make you seem like a sad and bitter person.

barb owning a computer and making almost 3,000 posts does not make you an expert on high school football, and when you make statements like the one about claiborne having enough talent to have blown out their conference foes it shows you don't know as much as kev-o said. The better measuring stick of a well coached team is winning close games vs teams they are evenly matched talent wise with especially when they play on the road. How did your devils do in close games this year when they played teams that were close talent wise? Also the polls mean nada in high school football, why get your panties in a wad when the playoffs will take care of rankings. I do not know you personally but your posts make you seem like a sad and bitter person.

Since you admittedly do not know me personally,I would appreciate it if you would confine your comments to football and my knowledge thereof and not uneducated speculations about what kind of person I am. As far as my knowledge of the game well, I grew up in a football family...my daddy and both his brothers were coaches in the 50's and 60's and a good chunk of the 70's. I grew up on the sidelines and was always around anytime there was chalk-talk. I can guarantee if it were possible for a girl to put on the pads and take the field back in my day, I would have. I was the team statistician, trainer, water-girl and if called on, QB'd the practice team. And even with my advanced age and failing body parts I try to stay current. And you are right that the rankings don't mean jack...but if a 60 year old granny with failing hips and a computer can evaluate stats, schedules, and margin of victory, I don't understand why a local sports writer can't.

1st off Barb you spend too much time looking at these high school message boards. Are you even a fan of either school. If not, mind your own business. Secondly, Big Daddy makes a point. These kids from Claiborne did win 8 games this year. Get off their back. And for everyone who is making points about Claiborne vs Brainerd. Brainerd beat 1 team this year with a winning record. Brainerd may have better looking kids on their team, but it's not about how you look, it's how you play. Fusion will be ready to line up and go straight at them. Looks to be a good game in Claiborne County this Friday. THE END!!!!

Justafan8 barb has forgotten more about high school football then %90 of the people on this board will ever know. SHE knows her stuff. She's not just some snot nose kid playing around on here.

How ARROGANT can you be, invading a claiborne thread spouting off the virtues of the legend in her own mind barb and insinuating that claiborne fans are ignorant snot nose kids. Now you claiborne fans will understand why greeneville was the most despised team in the IMAC before the reclassification.

1st off Barb you spend too much time looking at these high school message boards. Are you even a fan of either school. If not, mind your own business. Secondly, Big Daddy makes a point. These kids from Claiborne did win 8 games this year. Get off their back. And for everyone who is making points about Claiborne vs Brainerd. Brainerd beat 1 team this year with a winning record. Brainerd may have better looking kids on their team, but it's not about how you look, it's how you play. Fusion will be ready to line up and go straight at them. Looks to be a good game in Claiborne County this Friday. THE END!!!!

Justafan8 barb has forgotten more about high school football then %90 of the people on this board will ever know. SHE knows her stuff. She's not just some snot nose kid playing around on here.

How ARROGANT can you be, invading a claiborne thread spouting off the virtues of the legend in her own mind barb and insinuating that claiborne fans are ignorant snot nose kids. Now you claiborne fans will understand why greeneville was the most despised team in the IMAC before the reclassification.

now you know you miss having someone to hate in the IMAC....yall are probably having bonfires and singing camp songs and acting like one big happy boring family.

Since you admittedly do not know me personally,I would appreciate it if you would confine your comments to football and my knowledge thereof and not uneducated speculations about what kind of person I am. As far as my knowledge of the game well, I grew up in a football family...my daddy and both his brothers were coaches in the 50's and 60's and a good chunk of the 70's. I grew up on the sidelines and was always around anytime there was chalk-talk. I can guarantee if it were possible for a girl to put on the pads and take the field back in my day, I would have. I was the team statistician, trainer, water-girl and if called on, QB'd the practice team. And even with my advanced age and failing body parts I try to stay current. And you are right that the rankings don't mean jack...but if a 60 year old granny with failing hips and a computer can evaluate stats, schedules, and margin of victory, I don't understand why a local sports writer can't.

Well i speculated you were sad and bitter from reading your posts, and you speculated from reading my post that i was uneducated, which proves you don't know me either, so i guess we can call it a draw.

BTW how did your devils fare in close ballgames this year when the talent level was fairly even, in my opinion that is a far better measuring stick of a well coached team.

Well i speculated you were sad and bitter from reading your posts, and you speculated from reading my post that i was uneducated, which proves you don't know me either, so i guess we can call it a draw.BTW how did your devils fare in close ballgames this year when the talent level was fairly even, in my opinion that is a far better measuring stick of a well coached team.

My statement was that your speculations were uneducated not you , given of course that you don't know me or in fact know anyone who knows me. As far as how we fared against teams we were evenly matched with...well we lost 1 to Sullivan South that we should have won but for a late int.....Beat the fire-snot out of Jeff County but its a stretch saying they were an even match however they did go 5-5 in the IMAC( I thought it was a travesty that in 6A 1-9 and 2-8 teams are in the play-offs and 5-5 teams are starting BBall practice) Betsy...well they were a very good team and we coulda, shoulda, woulda....but got no offensive production.I wouldn't mind facing either SS or Betsy again now that we've had a chance to get healthy and come together as a team...both of them know the difference between playing Greeneville in the beginning of the season and the end. Tennessee High is playing at a whole other level this year and while our defense was outstanding, they just had tooooooooo many weapons. If Claiborne had met Greeneville at the beginning of the season instead of the last game, they might have held the devils to a couple of TD's.