Anderson Co. @ Clinton Rd. #2

Space3

Do you think Weston will read this and you might trick him into not playing, lol.

I suppose I might think that if I had a small mind and was unable to engage in reasoned discourse, but seeing that problem isn't one from which I suffer I'll say again that we'll see next Friday. Perhaps you should check out the facts rather than resorting to hysterical ramblings. If I'm wrong, that's great for him. In fact, I HOPE he can play.

Tomjoad is like every other AC fan and is scared of weston... they know that their poor little mavs couldnt handle westen at all... and joad you know that you don't want weston to play.. if i were an ac fan i would love to see him in street clothes an so would u... so stop with the lies, its really ok... And since your the knee expert, u should no that an mcl is an injury that you can play with... I had a few teammates in college tear their mcl and put a brace on an played... I feel like if he is over 70% than he will give it a go, but clinton really doesn't need him, they are a much better football team than AC... I wouldn't mind seeing our 3 headed monster at tailback another time because they were fun to watch... That freshman patrick will be the next big player to come out of the is county mark it down... I think clinton will sure up some mistakes they made that lead to ac points, and the running game will be much better.... look at ac, the dragon train is coming through

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, right there would be the difference between you and me, D123, you bein' the rootin', tootin' hombre homer clown and all. On the other hand, I'm the fan of high school football who can appreciate a fine player like Hazelhurst even if he plays for a team that I'm not a fan of. Right there it is Mr. hombre, homer clown. The difference between us, that is. :lol::lol:

And another thing, hombre clown, running backs don't play with torn MCLs, you uber goober. If he plays this Friday, then he ain't got a torn MCL. Simple as that. :lol:

Yeah but linebackers can... and thats where clinton was missing him the most against AC the first time..... and im right there with you TomJoad... As a parent i would like to see him sit out until he feels 100 percent... and Clinton Beat AC without him by two touchdowns..... wouldnt it be nice to let him have another week of rest on that knee?

I could agree with all sides on this issue of playing with a MCL injury. Joad makes a very good point when he says that as parent what would you do? If Weston were to play and suffer another injury it really could hurt his chances at going to a really good school. I can see where D123 is coming from as well. I know players as well who have played with an MCL injury with a brace on and played fine. Its really going to come down the type of injury and what the doctors say about the situation. I also feel that Clinton really doesn't need Weston to beat Anderson County. Although it is tough to beat a good football team twice, Clinton just has to many better players at each position. You could go down the line and at every position there is a better player playing for Clinton. And Clinton is great at forcing turnovers on D and Anderson County has a first year quarterback playing in the biggest game of his life. Both teams are solid, but Clinton is just a little better.

GO DRAGONS

kidd, you are correct that a LB can play with a brace. It still presents a risk though. And because of that, I agree it would be best to rest him another week, even if the ligament was just stretched and not torn. The hombre will no doubt read into that that I'm talking my game and KCD85 will say I'm subliminally trying to influence no. 2's decision so that AC has a better chance to win, but it really is as simple as that and what's best for him given the risk.

And classof02 if I'm a parent it's an awfully hard decision. Hazelhurst is a great competitor and we all know that he'll want to play with every last bone in his body, but as a parent (and he has good ones) you're left with a tough choice. It does help that Clinton is expected to beat AC but as you say it's hard to beat a good team twice. I hope we're one of those teams. One quibble with what you said, though, while Clinton has some great players, I don't think you can say that at every position they're better than AC's players.

It's nice to be able to discuss things with reasonable people. :roflolk:

And another thing, hombre clown, running backs don't play with torn MCLs, you uber goober. If he plays this Friday, then he ain't got a torn MCL. Simple as that. :roflolk:

Hazelhurst needs to sit out until he is 100% just plain and simple. I know he is wanting to play so bad he can taste it, but if he comes back too early and re-injures his knee, then he will miss the rest of the playoffs. If Clinton could beat AC without him once, then they can do it again. I think we would need Westin more against Columbia/Hillsboro or even Tennessee High/Sullivan South.

It shouldnt be much longer before Westin is 100%, i heard he jogged 2 miles at practice last week! GO DRAGONS!!!! :unsure:

One quibble with what you said, though, while Clinton has some great players, I don't think you can say that at every position they're better than AC's players.

It's nice to be able to discuss things with reasonable people. :mrgreen:

I know it was a stretch for me to make that statement but I made it based on watching both teams play this season, and from talking to some of my Anderson County friends. Ok ill start with the skill positions on offense. Both the quarterback and running back spots Clinton is better. I say this assuming Weston is playing, if not than blakley is better than Powell for Clinton. The wide receiver spots I really feel Clinton is better with Frazier, Patrick, and Williams. I know Wilson plays receiver and he is an amazing athlete with his size and speed, but watching him in person last Friday night, he really wasn't aggressive at all when it came to blocking, running routes, and going up for the ball like I anticipated him being. Thats why I would take Clinton's receivers over Anderson County's. TE is a close one because number 31 had a great game, but if I was starting my own team, I honestly would take Chapman because he can make all the catches and blocks, and has great size. The upfront players are really dominated by Clinton on both sides of the ball. I really felt Clinton had better offensive and defensive lineman. I say this based on the whole body of work for the Clinton Linemen. They have really harassed our opponents QB's all season, and Sissiom, and our DE Washington should be considered for All-region. Our O line has been solid all season opening up holes in the run game, and protecting Stone.Linebackers are close. I felt or middle backer Mitchell and our strong side line backer Weston, and our weak side linebacker Bradley Williams are a little bit better than Anderson County's. I do like number 33 though, he could make some plays. And in the secondary, Clinton has better corners, and the only position Anderson County might be better is with Blakley at safety, if you believe that, than you have a really good argument, but I'm going with Williams and Powell at those positions.

Listen there are great players on both sides of the ball, but I feel this season Clinton has a really good football team from top to bottom. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams, they have been solid all year, but I really can't wait to watch this game. This county has been in need of a play-off match-up like this one. Good luck to both teams.

GO DRAGONS

I have been watching this SR group at Clinton for a long time. My son is a member of that class and is a friend of Mr. Weston Hazelhurst. He IS playing, starts to practice tomorrow. He and Darian will be the best players on the field. I am excited to see what our offense looks like because AC will have to be more sound defensively then in the previous game. I think they played well, but the way they were moving around could cause some confusion and lead to a big night for Weston in the running game. Also, just the addition of Hazelhurst to the defense that has forced 16 turnovers in the last three games will be a game changer. Most of the things AC did to Clinton will be taken away by one of the best if not the best LB in TN.

Glad to hear that Hazelhurst is back. With that being said, is he back 100%. Only time will tell.

Anxious to see how well he moves on Friday. Having tore an MCL before, they are not a walk in the park to overcome in a short time. We don't know for sure how serious it is, this includes the doc's. Weston is really the only one that can know if he is ready. As far as Clinton having all kinds of talent, that is correct. To be honest, that has been the case in several years past. I've seen AC play for many years. They have had some great athletes at different times. As far as having a team loaded with talent, that's not happened much. Last year, Clinton had more overall talent. This year, Clinton has more overall talent. Coach Gillum has done a amazing job getting these kids to accomplish what they have this year. With all that being said, Clinton should win. If they don't, they will have laid an egg, and will be an embarrassment to the community. Don't expect for AC to come in and bow down though. They will play ball. Good luck Mavs.