Anderson Co. @ Clinton Rd. #2

Space3

As a Maryville High fan I had the pleasure of watching Stone and Hazelhurst the last couple of years and thought both were going to be great as they matured. Turned out I was correct. I was just wandering from some of the dragon faithful who is recruiting these young men and will Weston play O or D at the next level?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Maryville High fan I had the pleasure of watching Stone and Hazelhurst the last couple of years and thought both were going to be great as they matured. Turned out I was correct. I was just wandering from some of the dragon faithful who is recruiting these young men and will Weston play O or D at the next level?

Miss St., Kentucky, Tenn Tech, Middle Tenn, and Carson Newman are a few of the teams i have heard are looking at either Stone or Hazelhurst. I could be wrong, but i thought i heard someone say that both were invited down to Alabama this weekend. I would say that Hazelhurst would play anywhere the coaches wanted him to, but i would say he would be playing on defense at the LB position.

Miss St., Kentucky, Tenn Tech, Middle Tenn, and Carson Newman are a few of the teams i have heard are looking at either Stone or Hazelhurst. I could be wrong, but i thought i heard someone say that both were invited down to Alabama this weekend. I would say that Hazelhurst would play anywhere the coaches wanted him to, but i would say he would be playing on defense at the LB position.

Thanks 92 I think both young men would be a fine addition to any college football team. Good luck to the Dragons throughout the playoffs, If you will look at the 5a6a pick em contest for the free membership I've got you winning it all. Don't let me down I want that membership!!! LOL

Weston is back and that is huge especially stopping Blakely from running the ball. I agree with the above post about Clinton being stronger at almost every position. The only thing AC has is a better kicker, and that is not saying too much. The other thing AC has is an edge with coaching. Both teams have good coaches, but AC is a little stronger in this area. Is it enough to beat Clinton, probably not. If AC can get some turnovers then it will be more likely to happen, but Clinton doesn't like to give that ball up often as we have seen all year. Clinton wins by 7 in round 2 of the Clinch River Shootout.

I have been told that Weston will more than likely play LB, and he has also had interest from Eastern Kentucky. I believe he visited Carson Newman this past weekend with several Clinton players.

I feel Stone knows where he is going to go, but he is just keeping it a secret. If I were putting money on it I would say Kentucky or Miss St. I believe he has a visit with Miami coming up also.

The other thing AC has is an edge with coaching. Both teams have good coaches, but AC is a little stronger in this area.

Not trying to downgrade your view on this matter but was wondering how you came to the conclusion that Anderson County has better coaches? I really dont agree with that statement, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I honestly felt the Anderson County staff got out coached the last time these two teams played. They really could have ran the ball all night but chose to throw the ball and throw four interceptions. And instead of focusing on the passing game for Clinton without Weston, they still filled up the box and left their corners in man to man coverage. I do agree that both staffs are filled with good young coaches that know the game. I'm friends with coaches from both staffs but feel that Clinton has just as good or better coaches than Anderson County.

GO DRAGONS

I look at it 2 ways.

1. Who has done more with less? That has to go to AC, they have a 1/3 of the talent Clinton has, yet they were able to do almost what they wanted against Clinton. Besides the turnovers.

2. Next I compare the actual coaches, especially the main 3 positions. Head Coach goes to AC, Gillum shows he can take a program with very little and make them very competitive with a solid system. Offense C goes to Clinton, but not by much. (I really like Marsh, he will make a great head Coach some day.) Defense C goes to AC, but again not by much. (Price is just a little ahead of Scotty, but Scotty is still very very good.)

I do want everyone to know I say AC has a slight edge, Clintons coaching staff is very good. This is just an opinion I have, I do not put this on here to start trouble. I am friends (maybe not after this post :?:) with coaches on both teams, I just call it like I see it.

This is going to be a great game I hope JW comes to play and shows some excitment. I say it will be slammed pack in there come friday night. Clinton I do hope #2 gets to play. You know how he must feel not being able to play AC his SR year. Clinton is picked to win by 4TD thats what some of the clinton faitfull posted. Hopefully AC can make a couple of first downs with #2 playing LB. :roflol:

I think AC is still a little young and inexperienced to beat a team as good as Clinton. AC will come ready to play and they will play hard, but in the end, the Dragons will pull it out. Of course anything can happen, that is why we play it on the field. Speaking of the field, Clinton was covering their field about an hour ago....getting ready for the rain! Should be a dry and fast field come friday night so this time i dont want to hear any excuses....lol! GO DRAGONS!!!!! 42-21