Anderson Co. @ Clinton Rd. #2

Space3

u say weve had them both for 4 years? u realize stone came in right before his soph season and barely had time to adjust to the system before starting, it was also his first varsity PT. weston has been with us for all four but even as athletic as he was his fresh and soph year he was nowhere near the football player he is now. the kid has gone from about 170 to 210 in three years. i played with stone and weston their soph years, we only had 35 kids dress for varsity each week and hardly any playmakers yet they were both still amazing, you say we've had the same staters the last three years? your crazy, in 07 it was a senior heavy team that only went 4-6 and it should have been a rebuilding year last year even from that seeing as we only had 4 seniors last year but they again improved behind the play of stone and hazle, this is the first year theyve had alot of returning starters across the board and u see what theyve done. also i dont wanna hear about how AC beat us down in our bad years under coach C and the early years of shattuck because the program was in such bad condition it was almost a shame to field a team. and as much as you guys beat us you didnt do too much in the playoffs urselves and u even played in a weaker division, sure you had AE and Catholic but i really doubt you could have done anything against maryville, west and central in those years. AC hasnt beat a single good team this year, clinton has won two, both against huge rivals. AC really reminds me a ton of rexas tech from last year, they put up huge passing numbers but have no consistancy in the running game or defense. I still say with weston on the field to help capitalize on those 6 turnovers last time we'd have won by 30. DRAGONS-42 COWS-14

Stone transfered in??? Clinton getting smart brining in outside tallent no wonder you all are doing better :hungry:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you posters on here are really funny. I love reading space 3 and D123 post, you two need to get along! Ok space I'm not on here to talk bad or down grade anyone, but as my screen name says, "classof2002", I graduated from Clinton in 2002. D123 I really think we played together, and if he played full back and DE, and graduated in 2001, I know who you are! I was around right when Coach Cattlett came to Clinton, it was my sophomore year. I will be the first to tell you that Gaylor left because Maryville was a better place to be. They have won more state titles than any school around here, so I can't blame him for leaving. But it wasn't because of a lack of talent in Clinton. We had players all through the 90's, and my class had a freshman team that went 9-1 and beat Anderson County by 40 and beat Oak Ridge by 45. The 99 class featured two all-state players as juniors, and 22 seniors. I won't bash Cattlett to bad because defensive knowledge he did have, but head coaching was not his cup of tea. He just wasn't very good at. He was too nice of a guy while he was there, and no one showed him any respect. He made countless bad descions in terms of personal, play-calling, and the hiring of coordinators. As a Defensive Coordinator, Cattlett is great, he is having a lot of success at Webb high and I'm happy for him. But during his time as Head Coach at Clinton, he really made some poor choices, and cost Clinton a lot of wins.

I also wanted to congradulate Darion Stone for being a finalist for Mr. Football in class AAA. That is really an honor for him and the Clinton Football team. I remember Coach Justin Price winning the award back in 2002, he was some player in high school as well. Have their been any other players win the award from Anderson County? There have been some great players play at all 3 schools, but I really can't recall there being a Mr. Football award winner besides Justin. If anyone knows I would really like to know. Good luck to Darion, if you look at the 3 players stats, theres no doubt he should win!

I also wanted to congradulate Darion Stone for being a finalist for Mr. Football in class AAA. That is really an honor for him and the Clinton Football team. I remember Coach Justin Price winning the award back in 2002, he was some player in high school as well. Have their been any other players win the award from Anderson County? There have been some great players play at all 3 schools, but I really can't recall there being a Mr. Football award winner besides Justin. If anyone knows I would really like to know. Good luck to Darion, if you look at the 3 players stats, theres no doubt he should win!

Great recognition for a special athlete like Darion. I just can't believe that Williard wasn't put on the Mr. Football Finalist for kickers. :hungry:

Scotty Whitt should of won Mr. Football. I know around here Todd Helton won it, a lineman from Oak Ridge won it in the late 90's, Central has had another winner I believe, Alcoa has a couple including Cobb, Maryville has had a couple, halls or central had a kicker a few years back but I am not sure which one, the knox private schools have had some, and I sure there are a couple more. There seems to not be a lot of love for Knox area teams unless your in Blount County.

Some of you posters on here are really funny. I love reading space 3 and D123 post, you two need to get along! Ok space I'm not on here to talk bad or down grade anyone, but as my screen name says, "classof2002", I graduated from Clinton in 2002. D123 I really think we played together, and if he played full back and DE, and graduated in 2001, I know who you are! I was around right when Coach Cattlett came to Clinton, it was my sophomore year. I will be the first to tell you that Gaylor left because Maryville was a better place to be. They have won more state titles than any school around here, so I can't blame him for leaving. But it wasn't because of a lack of talent in Clinton. We had players all through the 90's, and my class had a freshman team that went 9-1 and beat Anderson County by 40 and beat Oak Ridge by 45. The 99 class featured two all-state players as juniors, and 22 seniors. I won't bash Cattlett to bad because defensive knowledge he did have, but head coaching was not his cup of tea. He just wasn't very good at. He was too nice of a guy while he was there, and no one showed him any respect. He made countless bad descions in terms of personal, play-calling, and the hiring of coordinators. As a Defensive Coordinator, Cattlett is great, he is having a lot of success at Webb high and I'm happy for him. But during his time as Head Coach at Clinton, he really made some poor choices, and cost Clinton a lot of wins.

Intelligent post. I'm pretty sure you know me. I would know you if name was revealed.

Who was the player last year that almost beat AC by himself? I think he wore #2. Did he end up signing anywhere? :roflol:

If I remember correctly, that would be Zeke Rogers. He is not playing college ball but had a pretty good high school career. It seems like I remember J. Wlison having a monster game vs. CHS last year as well. I hope that JW comes to play and shows fans of both teams what he is capable of doing. The MAVS will be ready this Friday to make a little noise. It will take a nearly perfect effort on both sides of the ball if the MAVS expect to win. Hopefully, they can do that Friday. If not, good luck to CHS for the remainder of the playoffs.

It was a bad joke about Weston being back. Zeke is another player that AC got from Clinton though.

u say weve had them both for 4 years? u realize stone came in right before his soph season and barely had time to adjust to the system before starting, it was also his first varsity PT. weston has been with us for all four but even as athletic as he was his fresh and soph year he was nowhere near the football player he is now. the kid has gone from about 170 to 210 in three years. i played with stone and weston their soph years, we only had 35 kids dress for varsity each week and hardly any playmakers yet they were both still amazing, you say we've had the same staters the last three years? your crazy, in 07 it was a senior heavy team that only went 4-6 and it should have been a rebuilding year last year even from that seeing as we only had 4 seniors last year but they again improved behind the play of stone and hazle, this is the first year theyve had alot of returning starters across the board and u see what theyve done. also i dont wanna hear about how AC beat us down in our bad years under coach C and the early years of shattuck because the program was in such bad condition it was almost a shame to field a team. and as much as you guys beat us you didnt do too much in the playoffs urselves and u even played in a weaker division, sure you had AE and Catholic but i really doubt you could have done anything against maryville, west and central in those years. AC hasnt beat a single good team this year, clinton has won two, both against huge rivals. AC really reminds me a ton of rexas tech from last year, they put up huge passing numbers but have no consistancy in the running game or defense. I still say with weston on the field to help capitalize on those 6 turnovers last time we'd have won by 30. DRAGONS-42 COWS-14

Stone transfered in??? Clinton getting smart brining in outside tallent no wonder you all are doing better :popcorneater:

no see he isnt the type of transfer AC pays for uh i mean gets, sorry. His dad was the track coach and a former kansas state player, darian lived with his mom in kansas and came to live with his dad in his soph summer. just a few months before the season started.

It was a bad joke about Weston being back. Zeke is another player that AC got from Clinton though.

:lol: You're joking about Zeke, right? I sure hope so and that you're not that misinformed, cause he played from the time he was 4 years old at NAGAF and lived in Andersonville then and during his entire tenure at AC. Also, his two older brothers played at AC.