Anderson Co. @ Clinton Rd. #2

Space3

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and it was a great football game to watch. I thought that AC came out and played with grit and determination, overcame their turnovers, played soft defense on the speedy Clinton receivers to keep them from burning them for the big plays, by keeping them in front of them. Clinton never really could get momentum except for a few minutes in the 2nd half, and AC did not let them keep it. Clinton had the edge in pure talent, but playing all those guys both ways and on kickoffs, wore them down some. I think they were really hanging on that last drive AC made and they almost did. Great play calling by AC on the last drive, being patient, taking what the defense gave them, and good use of timeouts. 41 seconds was just not enough time for the Dragons with no timeouts left. Great season for Clinton and good luck to AC moving on, will be a tough trip down to Middle Tennessee.

Congrats Mavs from your Halls pals. Great job.

This was one of the most entertaining & fun to watch HS football games I have ever witnessed.

Some observations:

Clinton had an outstanding effort but did seem a bit overconfident. I would have liked to see #2 play again though, maybe at the next level, good luck WH.

Great season Dragons, best in a long long time.

AC came out out fighting hard, then it looked like they lost some mid-game MO when "smackin' each other around. Whatever works for you, but that stuff may cost you as you move on, unless you can refocus on the TEAM like you did last night. But that's very hard to do two weeks in a row.

AC QB #9 Williams appeared to grow (football wise) last night. First half, it looked as though if he cocked his arm back to throw, it had to be thrown, "it was commin out" no matter if anyone was open or not, hense some of the picks. But in my opinion, one of his best plays all night was late in the game & he decided NOT to throw it on 2nd or 3rd down when he found no one open. This was special both due to the tight game situation (can't afford a pick here) & gained the metal toughness & confidence in the potential of the next play to be able to decide not to throw. Excellent: A+ Tanner. Great job.

Former Halls guy #22 Blakley was a beast all night, (regardless of which team you were on :thumb: )

Great catch. What outstanding effort, never seeming to come out of the game. Can't expect more physical effort out of a player but, Chad you simply gotta keep your wits about you at all times to help your team advance, no more USLC or delay penalties! This is do or die now, no next week if you lose now. The negative impact of every penalty is magnified now because you will only play other very good teams & good teams will make you pay for your mistakes (like GQ's Red Rebels do). Could not be more proud of you.

#6: No plays off, you aint the old Randy Moss yet. This is about TEAM now & it looks like you need to step up your effort on EVERY play your in, to help your team & also to live up to your potential. This is not a cut at you, I just hate to see wasted potential. So what if they triple cover you, don't let that get you down. When they (opponents) do this, another teammate will be open for Tanner, that's still doing your job & college coaches look for this effort when the the play is not to you. Finish Strong!

I simply loved how "other" maybe less known MAVs stepped it up last night.

Thats what it takes, every snap. Fantastic HS football.

Kudos to the AC coaches.

Though I'm not a fan of the flip charts, I greatly respect coaches who can expand their mind to allow them to do whatever it takes to get that specific team, in that specific situation, to be successful.

That stuff works for this particular herd of MAVs & thats all that matters. That's what great coaching is about.

Good luck MAVS the rest of the way.

HB76

Please, AC beating Clinton is never a BIG win. This has never been a rivalry to AC.

AC always beats Clinton. This is sort of like Vanderbilt and UT. The game is a HUGE game for Clinton, usually a Homecoming game for AC.

Clinton had a great season this year, much like when they had Witt and made it to the clinic bowl. That is a once a 15 year type of team. AC has a program that is strong every year.

Nothing for Clinton to be ashamed of this year, Coach S. has them playing hard, and hopefully they can keep of the momentum for next year and have another great season!!!

No disrespect intended bratman, but the AC vs Clinton game is the very definition of a high school rivalry game. I have been a part of this game in some capacity since '92. It always had been and always will be a rivalry.

Two side notes:

Thought it to be very interesting that 2 weeks ago when Clinton won for the first time in 10 years, the story somehow made the press so that it was in the paper Saturday morning. I wonder why it couldn't make it in today. That may be a question for Ray Blakeney, or Ron Bridgeman. I'm also waiting on pictures from last night to make it on the acs.ac web page. Somehow those pics made it to the web really quick two weeks ago.

Lastly, has anyone thought about history possibly being made next Friday against Columbia. If Tanner Williams throws for around 100 yds Friday night he will surpass 3,800 yds for the year. That would make him the Tennessee High School all-time leader in passing yards for a season. WOW! Pretty good for a kid that folks said couldn't play QB.

Congrats Mavs from your Halls pals. Great job.

This was one of the most entertaining & fun to watch HS football games I have ever witnessed.

Some observations:

Clinton had an outstanding effort but did seem a bit overconfident. I would have liked to see #2 play again though, maybe at the next level, good luck WH.

Great season Dragons, best in a long long time.

AC came out out fighting hard, then it looked like they lost some mid-game MO when "smackin' each other around. Whatever works for you, but that stuff may cost you as you move on, unless you can refocus on the TEAM like you did last night. But that's very hard to do two weeks in a row.

AC QB #9 Williams appeared to grow (football wise) last night. First half, it looked as though if he cocked his arm back to throw, it had to be thrown, "it was commin out" no matter if anyone was open or not, hense some of the picks. But in my opinion, one of his best plays all night was late in the game & he decided NOT to throw it on 2nd or 3rd down when he found no one open. This was special both due to the tight game situation (can't afford a pick here) & gained the metal toughness & confidence in the potential of the next play to be able to decide not to throw. Excellent: A+ Tanner. Great job.

Former Halls guy #22 Blakley was a beast all night, (regardless of which team you were on :thumb: )

Great catch. What outstanding effort, never seeming to come out of the game. Can't expect more physical effort out of a player but, Chad you simply gotta keep your wits about you at all times to help your team advance, no more USLC or delay penalties! This is do or die now, no next week if you lose now. The negative impact of every penalty is magnified now because you will only play other very good teams & good teams will make you pay for your mistakes (like GQ's Red Rebels do). Could not be more proud of you.

#6: No plays off, you aint the old Randy Moss yet. This is about TEAM now & it looks like you need to step up your effort on EVERY play your in, to help your team & also to live up to your potential. This is not a cut at you, I just hate to see wasted potential. So what if they triple cover you, don't let that get you down. When they (opponents) do this, another teammate will be open for Tanner, that's still doing your job & college coaches look for this effort when the the play is not to you. Finish Strong!

I simply loved how "other" maybe less known MAVs stepped it up last night.

Thats what it takes, every snap. Fantastic HS football.

Kudos to the AC coaches.

Though I'm not a fan of the flip charts, I greatly respect coaches who can expand their mind to allow them to do whatever it takes to get that specific team, in that specific situation, to be successful.

That stuff works for this particular herd of MAVs & thats all that matters. That's what great coaching is about.

Good luck MAVS the rest of the way.

HB76

Good points HB76. I saw quite a few Halls and Central folks and players there last night on our side of the field. It was a great ball game.

What did the AD @ Clinton do @ halftime that someone mentioned?

bump

Okay...let's hear what the AD at Clinton did...Why in the world do they put up with that idiot?? I'm sure it was something to show everyone that he was there and trying to be IN CHARGE!! He is a joke! Looks like the Clinton coaches were simply outcoached....That's too bad for the players...Best of luck to the MAVS next week!! Looks like the Patrick kid will be the next running back at Clinton...