Anderson Co. @ Clinton Rd. #2

Space3

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maxmass is on the Hillsboro Columbia thread......

Oh, by the way, I answered your question over there, orange boy.

So BLUE BOY does being an *#@ come natural or did you have specialized training, cause you are dang good at it!!!!!!

Learned from you and your ilk, orange punky boy, and your smart mouth, being a loser as YOU are :D:lol:

I look ahead, look back, and sideways, that don't matter. What matters is that the boys are focused, calm, confident, and ready for a rematch........ARE YOU?

You just need a little better sense of direction -- perhaps I could get you a compass? All that head turning, looking ahead, back and sideways as you do is getting you plumb confused....

How bout them dragons!!!!! dragonfan123. where you at? AC played hard all night and basically out played the dragons. good luck in basketball this year. youll need it. clinton was out coached. congrats to the HERD!!!!!! dfan123 how does this feel? you aInt posted anything IN DAYS. GROW UP AND ADMIT IT THAT you were wrong! thats what i thought. shut up runnin that mouth and deal with it. AC whipped clinton!!!!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know the reported attendance for this game? it had to be somewhere around 7000 but i dont know where id find that info.

Don't know where you'd find this Ethel unless the TSSAA site has it. I'd say it was at least 7000. Do you know what some of the Clinton folks were talking about with respect to the Clinton AD?

No disrespect intended bratman, but the AC vs Clinton game is the very definition of a high school rivalry game. I have been a part of this game in some capacity since '92. It always had been and always will be a rivalry.

Two side notes:

Thought it to be very interesting that 2 weeks ago when Clinton won for the first time in 10 years, the story somehow made the press so that it was in the paper Saturday morning. I wonder why it couldn't make it in today. That may be a question for Ray Blakeney, or Ron Bridgeman. I'm also waiting on pictures from last night to make it on the acs.ac web page. Somehow those pics made it to the web really quick two weeks ago.

Lastly, has anyone thought about history possibly being made next Friday against Columbia. If Tanner Williams throws for around 100 yds Friday night he will surpass 3,800 yds for the year. That would make him the Tennessee High School all-time leader in passing yards for a season. WOW! Pretty good for a kid that folks said couldn't play QB.

That IS amazing how the news about Clinton beating AC made it in the next Sat. mornings' paper two weeks ago, futbolfan. Pics, too!

Yes, history is about to made with TW being the all time leading passer in Tn. I'm sure he has the potential to accomplish this under Coach Gillum's system. That being said.......

Any average quarterback could have done the same under Gillum with his system. I am one of the one's who doubted Tanner. I don't care to admit that. I STILL am not a huge fan of his qb skills. But too, also let me say, how very glad I am that this Maverick team has done as well as they have. I am very proud of all of them and very proud to say "I'm glad to be part of the herd!" Kudos to Tanner for hanging in there. Even though TW's numbers have proven me wrong, I'm very glad to see it....for the teams sake.

Blakely, Wilson, Kesterson, Mabe, Marlow, Edwards, Mayes, Roberts, Kudos to you guys, also. Good Luck next week and GO MAVS! :thumb:

Opressed what does he have to do to get you on his side....Set a state record? Great Win to the Anderson County football team and to Coach Gillium. Gillium coached his kids up and got a big win. He has out coached every team he has played and won games that would have been lost in the past. Great Coaching job and great effort from the entire team.

No disrespect intended bratman, but the AC vs Clinton game is the very definition of a high school rivalry game. I have been a part of this game in some capacity since '92. It always had been and always will be a rivalry.

Two side notes:

Thought it to be very interesting that 2 weeks ago when Clinton won for the first time in 10 years, the story somehow made the press so that it was in the paper Saturday morning. I wonder why it couldn't make it in today. That may be a question for Ray Blakeney, or Ron Bridgeman. I'm also waiting on pictures from last night to make it on the acs.ac web page. Somehow those pics made it to the web really quick two weeks ago.

Lastly, has anyone thought about history possibly being made next Friday against Columbia. If Tanner Williams throws for around 100 yds Friday night he will surpass 3,800 yds for the year. That would make him the Tennessee High School all-time leader in passing yards for a season. WOW! Pretty good for a kid that folks said couldn't play QB.

That IS amazing how the news about Clinton beating AC made it in the next Sat. mornings' paper two weeks ago, futbolfan. Pics, too!

Yes, history is about to made with TW being the all time leading passer in Tn. I'm sure he has the potential to accomplish this under Coach Gillum's system. That being said.......

Any average quarterback could have done the same under Gillum with his system. I am one of the one's who doubted Tanner. I don't care to admit that. I STILL am not a huge fan of his qb skills. But too, also let me say, how very glad I am that this Maverick team has done as well as they have. I am very proud of all of them and very proud to say "I'm glad to be part of the herd!" Kudos to Tanner for hanging in there. Even though TW's numbers have proven me wrong, I'm very glad to see it....for the teams sake.

Blakely, Wilson, Kesterson, Mabe, Marlow, Edwards, Mayes, Roberts, Kudos to you guys, also. Good Luck next week and GO MAVS! :thumb:

even with as many yards as the kid had i still wasnt really impressed with him, i was however, very impressed with the AC recievers ability to run in the open field and gain tons of yards after the catch, williams was picked repeatedly in pressure situations. sure the stats say stone had 3 turnovers and williams had 4 so it looks close on paper but anyone who saw the game knows that two of those turnovers hardly even count in the game, one was a recievers fault for giving up on a play after a pass was ruled a fumble and the lat one was a last second heave. williams has great potential to improve but as of now i still say he is mainly a texas tech type system QB.