BIG 8

wkktnvolsfan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott , Terry Hutson is a good guy but he isn't the best coach, Pendleton is a good coach and a great person, I've watch basketball for years around here. and South doesn't not have the talent that D.B. ,Johnson City or even Tenn. High has. how many times has South beat D.B. twice in a year ,i know Pendleton has done at least twice . South has never been a baskeball power and never will. to many of the players have to play 2 or 3 sports . they win in middle school but by the time they get jr. & sr most are wore out. and them sometimes D.B. gets a couple of the better players. so don't start that stuff again this year using those code words about firing the coach , a lot of local school would be glad to have Coach Pendleton, a class act all the way. pretty bad when a D.B. fan has to take up for a South coach , but i'm on the outside and can see things, not from a south fan or parent perspective but from a Basketball fan perspective

Scott , Terry Hutson is a good guy but he isn't the best coach, Pendleton is a good coach and a great person, I've watch basketball for years around here. and South doesn't not have the talent that D.B. ,Johnson City or even Tenn. High has. how many times has South beat D.B. twice in a year ,i know Pendleton has done at least twice . South has never been a baskeball power and never will. to many of the players have to play 2 or 3 sports . they win in middle school but by the time they get jr. & sr most are wore out. and them sometimes D.B. gets a couple of the better players. so don't start that stuff again this year using those code words about firing the coach , a lot of local school would be glad to have Coach Pendleton, a class act all the way. pretty bad when a D.B. fan has to take up for a South coach , but i'm on the outside and can see things, not from a south fan or parent perspective but from a Basketball fan perspective

Glad to see you feeling better. I hope you've healed well. Now, I agree that South isn't going to be a power year in and year out. South has had some very good basketball teams in the past though. Maybe you've forgotten. You are correct, more times than not, D-B and SH are going to be the teams to beat. I'm not expecting to win the Big 8 every year. I do however expect improvement from seaons start to finish. That never happens though. One question and I'll drop the subject, who was tabbed as preseason favorites by every coach in the Big 8? If Morgan had South's team this year, they would have won the Big 8.

Glad to see you feeling better. I hope you've healed well. Now, I agree that South isn't going to be a power year in and year out. South has had some very good basketball teams in the past though. Maybe you've forgotten. You are correct, more times than not, D-B and SH are going to be the teams to beat. I'm not expecting to win the Big 8 every year. I do however expect improvement from seaons start to finish. That never happens though. One question and I'll drop the subject, who was tabbed as preseason favorites by every coach in the Big 8? If Morgan had South's team this year, they would have won the Big 8.

No Morgan wouldn't have won with South half of them would have quit and i don't think Morgan would have any players that played 3 sports.

South's team played very well at the beginning of the season. Most teams improve as the season goes along...South's did not. They lost site of how to play as a team... It became all about the "show" and how many points can I score as an individual...They did not utilize their resources to the fullest. They should have played more of an inside game than they did....It's funny that when they played more of an inside out game they won.....Sad to say but yes that does have alot to do with the way they are coached...You can always speculate how these kids would have done under different coaching...I can promise you that these kids would not have quit under any other coach. Shame though,they did have the talent to do better and go further than they did........

Big 8 and South:

South should not regularly beat DB, SH, or TH regardless of coach...but they should sometimes.

Everyone talks of how good they were in middle school, but think of this. One player, BD, started on 8th grade team. Logan, Tyler M, Pickwell, nor Ethan started in middle school...some rarely played. What happens at South happens at a lot of smaller schools...the kids don't want to play 3-4 sports or they just drop out altogether.

Bottom line this year...South underachieved. They didn't improve much. Is this player or coach issue? Probably some of both. Does Coach P play the right game to fit his talent? Maybe not. Is player chemistry good? Not great. There never was good flow because South didn't have a true go to player. Everyone was always looking for someone else to step up. Everyone of them did at times, but no one did consistently, which is why you see games where they seemed to flounder a bit. Would I be calling for a coach's head? No. There certainly is much more to this story than him.

Good luck the DB, DB, SH, TH in the regions. Represent the Big 8 well.

if the6"6" boy hadn' quit and a couple of more walking the halls at D.B. that wouldn't play for morgan ,he would have breezed thru the conf. . has South ever made it to the state in basketbal boys or girls, just asking

They have been to the substate a few times but to my knowledge they've never been to the finals.

Hey Volman

who lools like the team to beat in the clinch mt. conf.

if the6"6" boy hadn' quit and a couple of more walking the halls at D.B. that wouldn't play for morgan ,he would have breezed thru the conf. . has South ever made it to the state in basketbal boys or girls, just asking

They have been to the substate a few times but to my knowledge they've never been to the finals.

Hey Volman

who lools like the team to beat in the clinch mt. conf.

Gotta give the edge to Slant. They return all 5 starters. :roll: