Blue Ridge Preview 2009/2010

CDHSKNIGHTS34

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuckey-Doak doesn't have but one football player on the team, but he's not really an impact player. Although, C-D does have 2 starters out right now (1 because of ineligibility that will be back the 14th of Dec. and one because of a broken ankle). Also they have a 3rd who has a bad sprain in one of his ankles but is trying to play through it. I guess that's like having football players out. I also know Jalen Shuffler from South Greene (Starting PG) broke his ankle last night.

The only team that has an excuse for having people out is Greeneville. I believe that half their starters are in football right now practicing for the Championship game on Sat. I hate the stereotype that Greeneville has about us thinking we're better then everyone but our Kid's just understand what it takes to WIN. So I'm sure Coach D has his boys playing hard and practicing even harder. I would have to think Greeneville is the clear favorite for this Conference with or without a recruit. I can't really remember but I'm pretty sure that this group of Seniors won some state championship in middle school (i know its ms but still talent is still there).Blue Ridge should just be glad that the days of Wiggins are gone and stop crying about it. Greeneville just has a better coach, team, facilities, and fan support then any other school in BR. But it's going to be hard for the Devil's to recruit now. ;)

The only team that has an excuse for having people out is Greeneville. I believe that half their starters are in football right now practicing for the Championship game on Sat. I hate the stereotype that Greeneville has about us thinking we're better then everyone but our Kid's just understand what it takes to WIN. So I'm sure Coach D has his boys playing hard and practicing even harder. I would have to think Greeneville is the clear favorite for this Conference with or without a recruit. I can't really remember but I'm pretty sure that this group of Seniors won some state championship in middle school (i know its ms but still talent is still there).Blue Ridge should just be glad that the days of Wiggins are gone and stop crying about it. Greeneville just has a better coach, team, facilities, and fan support then any other school in BR. But it's going to be hard for the Devil's to recruit now. ;)

Good post. Just paying attention to scores and particularly tournament scores, I have come to the same conclusion. Recruiting is over at GHS but give the devil his due, Coach Duncan could take 1 manager, 3 wrestlers, and the tallest offensive lineman and probably win 50% of his games. The man can coach period. This year's GHS team is loaded with great young men and will be fun to watch and support, win or lose.

Greeneville is and will be the team to beat as usual!!!

Preston Morre is a good player but he didnt start at Greeneville and that's wy he transferred.

Greeneville plays at a totally different level in basketball too. However they aren't unbeatable but the best time to beat them will be why they have football players out. So it might be awhile. I say Greeneville first and who knows from 2nd to last...Greeneville will win EASILY AS ALWAYS!!! SAME THING WITH GRILS!!! ;) Keep Wishin Greene County Teams

I know this is a boys thread and I have no dispute with yiou there Greeneville will dominate the BRAC. However I think the Rebels from South Greene might have something to say about that "same with the girls" part. They are going to be good! You brought girls up, not me.

I must take this time time to laugh!!! :D:?:?

Greeneville leads Chuckey-Doak 24-4 at half. Cd didn't score till 45secs. till half. O this is hilarious.

Thought Cd was gonna give Greeneville a run for their money?

Greeneville doesn't even have all their starters cause they are playin for a state football championship tomorrow;)

O well here comes the second half!!! hahahahaha!!!

GO DEVILS!!!

Don't worry Greeneville1, I'm sure Choky Ducks will have some excuse.... These teams don't realize that Greeneville has been playing up a class for years and playing some of the toughest schedules in the state. I think they underestimate the athletic ability of the boys and the game plans Coach D can put together. But getting waxed when Greeneville is missing several starters because of football is not excusable. Looks like we can start a new streak like we had a couple years ago when we won the IMAC like 7 out of 8 years, the boys in the Blue Ridge better get accustomed to that. :D

Don't worry Greeneville1, I'm sure Choky Ducks will have some excuse.... These teams don't realize that Greeneville has been playing up a class for years and playing some of the toughest schedules in the state. I think they underestimate the athletic ability of the boys and the game plans Coach D can put together. But getting waxed when Greeneville is missing several starters because of football is not excusable. Looks like we can start a new streak like we had a couple years ago when we won the IMAC like 7 out of 8 years, the boys in the Blue Ridge better get accustomed to that. :mellow:

I don't think the county schools think this at all. They know how good Greeneville is. It isn't too far gone that West Greene, CD, North Greene and South Greene played the Devils every year. I think I remember the Devils beating North Greene 118-21. And that was Herb Hawkes days, the Devils are better, the county schools know that.

Don't worry Greeneville1, I'm sure Choky Ducks will have some excuse.... These teams don't realize that Greeneville has been playing up a class for years and playing some of the toughest schedules in the state. I think they underestimate the athletic ability of the boys and the game plans Coach D can put together. But getting waxed when Greeneville is missing several starters because of football is not excusable. Looks like we can start a new streak like we had a couple years ago when we won the IMAC like 7 out of 8 years, the boys in the Blue Ridge better get accustomed to that. :thumb:

I don't think the county schools think this at all. They know how good Greeneville is. It isn't too far gone that West Greene, CD, North Greene and South Greene played the Devils every year. I think I remember the Devils beating North Greene 118-21. And that was Herb Hawkes days, the Devils are better, the county schools know that.

Actually Bills first year the 118-21. It caused a lot of hard feelings throughout the county toward GHS. But I know Bill would be the first to tell you that was a mistake and he has never done it since. Actually takes care of people now. NOW three starters back from Football, give them 1-2 weeks to get their BB legs under them and GHS is off to a very fine season. Good Coach and winners for players.

Actually Bills first year the 118-21. It caused a lot of hard feelings throughout the county toward GHS. But I know Bill would be the first to tell you that was a mistake and he has never done it since. Actually takes care of people now. NOW three starters back from Football, give them 1-2 weeks to get their BB legs under them and GHS is off to a very fine season. Good Coach and winners for players.

Sorry Coach,

I was a year off, but regardless of who the coach was that is just a blowout. The county is full aware of what GHS can do. If not they should know by the football scores this year. GHS will be on top of the BRAC in boys basketball just like they will be in football for several years.