Why don't the linemen ever get the credit they des

Bond

How many of you really are big dogs? I mean, I've played center and guard this year, started all 8 Jr.High games at center last year, yet I'm only a 5'9 145 pound freshman. Are small, quick linemen like me a rarity or is my type becoming more common? :confused:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by C54LB:

How many of you really are big dogs? I mean, I've played center and guard this year, started all 8 Jr.High games at center last year, yet I'm only a 5'9 145 pound freshman. Are small, quick linemen like me a rarity or is my type becoming more common? :confused:

Technique and Tenacity beat Tonage every time.... Thats the word from the Big Dog!

Posted by tigercountryboy:
Posted by C54LB:

I am 6'5'' and 310

That and 75 cents gets you a cup of coffee

Real linemen don't want any credit. If they did they would be running backs or QB's. They play the line because they love the game. And the game is all about trench warfare. And the best part of the game is in the trenches. If you have never been there you can't even imagine what it's like. But linemen will always decide who is going to lose and who is going to win. That's the beauty of the game that's decided by hogs. ;)

Guest checkerboard
Posted by acer:

Real linemen don't want any credit. If they did they would be running backs or QB's. They play the line because they love the game. And the game is all about trench warfare. And the best part of the game is in the trenches. If you have never been there you can't even imagine what it's like. But linemen will always decide who is going to lose and who is going to win. That's the beauty of the game that's decided by hogs. ;)

I think it's a little ambitious to proclaim that linemen play the line because they love it and would rather play there than in the backfield. Those poor QBs and RBs must be so embarassed to read their name in the paper every week. I do agree with the spirit of this thread, in that the linemen are the unheralded heroes. They do their job and the backs get the glory. The only time anyone pays attention to the line is when they get whipped or hold someone. Real football people know that the line has a great deal to do with the success or failure of the offensive scheme. But, to say that a 6'0" 280 pound lineman who runs a 5.6-40 is on the line because he chooses to be there rather than in the backfield, well....

Posted by C54LB:

hey i am 5'9" and i am a 140lbs i start on the line too my speed is a great tool because i get by the big guys and then when they reach for me all the other big hogs on the line just mash em down.....i think we are becoming more common becasue thats all our linemen really are we have a starting gaurd who is 5'9" 160.....so!!!!!!

:D:(

IT IS TRUE THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO BE LARGE IN STATURE TO BE A GOOD LINEMEN. BUT WHAT YOU LACK IN SIZE YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR WITH HEART. I KNOW AND PLAY WITH MANY SMALL HOGGIES. THE GUARD I PLAY BESIDE IS ABOUT 5'11" 170. THE CENTER IS BOUT THE SAME HEIGHT AND BOUT 200, AND SO IS THE OPPOSITE GUARD THE OTHER TACKLE IS BOUT 5'10" AND BOUT 225. WE HAVE ONE OF THE, IF NOT THE BEST LINES IN OUR REGION. I MYSELF AM 6'5" 285, BUT TAKE IT AS A PRIVILEDGE TO BE ON THE LINE THAT I AM ON. WOULDNT WANT THEM ANY OTHER WAY. THEYLL PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH AND RUN OVER YOU BEFORE YOU EVEN KNOW IT.

AND AS FOR WESVOLS, YOU ARE AN IDIOT THAT NEEDS YOUR HEAD TAKEN OFF. BET IF YOU WENT AND TOLD THE LINEMEN ON YOUR SCHOOLS TEAM(NOTICE I SAID YOU SCHOOLS TEAM AND NOT YOUR TEAM CUZ YOU CANT POSSIBLY BE AN ACTUAL PLAYER CUZ YOU HAVE NO CLUE OF WHATS GOIN ON)YOU WOULD GET YOUR HEAD TAKEN OFF. AND IF NONE OF THEM WILL DO IT JUST COME SEE ME I KNOW 5 GUYS THAT WOULD LOVE TO TAKE YOU OUT. AS FOR EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS POST GOOD JOB. WAY TO GET PEOPLE ON HERE AND RECOGNIZE AND GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON