Maryville vs. McMinn County - 2nd Round

Red Rebels

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Friday the 13th... the Rebels got picked off by a cross-town rival one sad day many years ago. I still don't expect a flashback tonight.

BTW - who anointed your coach and QB as player/coach of the year?

That was in our district.....

It has been reported in the Daily Post Athenian today that our 3 year starting center #75 Austin Arnwine will not play tonight because of an illness. That is huge as he is the foundation of our "O" line and does a great job of pass blocking.

Most likely you won't have the QB of the game, Coach of the game nor Player of the game but I do feel the streak will end tonight. YOURS

Maryville will be seeing #11 Mcdermott in that Friday the 13th nightmare just like Ooltewah did.......you best get ready Rebels as he was playing receiver last time we played. Dont be surprised to see him in the "WILDCAT" formation as well.......I am glad that #32 is back this week as he will be an impact in this game at DE as he didnt play in the first meeting.

Did I mention how good #11 is? Wow is he quick!! He broke down Ooltewah and oak Ridge like a cheap shotgun!!

Yes, but you aren't playing Ooltewah and Oak Ridge .... and you're playing at MARYVILLE ...Come to think of it, you better get on the road ... considering the crowd you're bringing ... you might have to stand up

We don't care who we are playing, we play to win. At Maryville, At DB, At Cookville, At McMinn....whatever.....and I did try to buy tickets at MCHS today....called them and was told they were already sold out.....so do expect a crowd! GO TRIBE

Friday Night and Round 2 are finally here! There has be a lot of jawing on here this week. It's finally time to see whose predictions are right. I believe the Cherokees are a much improved team, they will play will emotion, and will bring a big crowd. However, I honestly have never seen a team improve as much as the Rebels have this year. I believe the first game was a blowout because everything went right for Maryville and wrong for MC. MC has some really good athletes but Maryville is the better team. If all other facter were even, Maryville wins by 14 on coaching.

Maryville - 35

MC - 17