2010 Class Signings!

big_joe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your jealousy precedes you, shortgamer... What happened? Did you get cut or not make this team in a tryout?

I say ANY young lady that gets an opportunity to play in college...regardless of the classification or status and even full-ride or not...is a WINNER! It's a privilege, not a right AND it's usually a payoff for a LOT of hard work, blood, sweat and even tears...oh, yeah, and even politics, sometimes. (there, feel better now?)

Seriously......Slapper1??!! Not really sure what point, or lack of, you're trying to make.

You beat......WHO CARES?

Of course Div 1 is going to be broad, it covers many schools across the nation with many different levels of programs. That being said, I trust you weren't minimizing these young ladies accomplishments. Surely you do know that NCAA Division 1 athletics is still the pinnacle crown of achievement for an athlete, regarless of your opinion of their particular program.

Don't downplay a school, a program, an athlete, just because it doesn't fit your profile of success. There will be athletes winning Gold medals this week who physically worked harder than I could ever imagine, standing along side athletes who used a broom and swept ice. Both acheived their pinnacle crown of achievement......in what worked best for them. And I dare not downplay either.

p.s. more than 6 2011 girls have committed to D1 schools and they aren't all Worth girls.

Not bad if 6 2011 have committed and 4 are Worth girls, all going to Div 1 schools. :thumb:

Ok...how many more times is this going to be said! I have seen this on several threads! And "Division 1" is such a broad statement!!!

And from the Softball Travel Teams thread...

Then you guys should have won nationals!!!

Perhaps.

But that wasn't really our primary emphasis or major goal or the way we prepared or the way we made lineup decisions all summer long. While we enjoy winning and enjoy winning championships, getting to watch a whole team of girls (several who have been around for 9-11 years) get tons of scholarship money to play a game they love at the Division I collegiate level is WAY better and far more satisfying than winning ANY championship. We set a game plan, and so far, it is working out and we are very, very happy about that. In 5-6 years when their collegiate careers are over and they walk away with a diploma paid for by playing a game, my guess is that the missing Nat Champ trophy won't even come to mind.

Good explanation, Coach, but obviously not good enough...

No jealously here dude! We beat you guys! ...and I never felt bad

OK. Envy or resentment. Regardless, why you hatin' on Worth?

Maybe I should rephrase, I am proud our daughter plays for Micheal Connell (Worth Gold), dont know any of the other Worth teams or coaches. Cant speak for them. And Div 1 would be UT Knox, UT Martin, UT Chatt, Lipscomb, MTSU, Tenn Tech, Louisville, All pretty good programs in my opinion.

Maybe because the Worth organization is always trying to "Act" like the best organization in Tennessee...Here is a news flash, YOU aren't! Care to say what Worth (any age group) has won or even been a "factor" in?

Obviously, you're not payin' attention to detail. Won plenty over the years, but not on here to brag.

However, would you and slaphappy care to tell us who your respective teams are? Maybe we could set something up after the HS season and, then, we can quit all this criticizin' and yappin'. I'm sure, since y'all know so much, you know who to call...

Look forward to hearin' from ya.

Maybe I should rephrase, I am proud our daughter plays for Micheal Connell (Worth Gold), dont know any of the other Worth teams or coaches. Cant speak for them. And Div 1 would be UT Knox, UT Martin, UT Chatt, Lipscomb, MTSU, Tenn Tech, Louisville, All pretty good programs in my opinion.Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be honored if my daughter has the chance to play for any of these programs.

USJ’s Fesmire signs softball scholarship at Union

http://www.uu.edu/athletics/info/newsre ... fm?ID=1768

2/23/10 - Katie Beth Fesmire, a senior at the University School of Jackson, has signed to play her college softball for the Union University Lady Bulldogs. Fesmire will enter Union this fall as a freshman and will major in nursing or some other medical field.

• 2 months later...

Two Summertown Seniors sign with Calhoun Community College!

Tasha Horne

Summertown Lady Eagle softball player Tasha Horne has signed a scholarship to continue her softball career with Calhoun Community College in Decatur, AL. Horne is a pitcher and outfielder for the Lady Eagles and was voted the 2009 District 12-A Most Valuable Player as a Junior. Her parents are Bryan and Tanya Horne.

Lauren Bivens

Summertown Lady Eagle softball player Lauren Bivens signed her scholarship to continue her softball career at Calhoun Community College, located in Decatur, AL. Bivens has been a 3-year starter for the Lady Eagles, manning the second base position and specializing as a "slap" hitter. Her parents, Roger and Sherry Bivens.

http://www.wdxe.com/wdxe.php?rfc=narticle.php&id=15312