Hampton v/s Telico Plains

bulldog2000

I know this Southeast. The offensive coordinator had his most balanced year as far as play calling goes. Coach Hunt has assembled what appears to be a very good staff and the fight and grit put forth by the team is a direct reflection of each coach from HUNT right on down. As for the Hampton game, it should go down as the Bears worst game of the year capped by some of the poorest officiating ever to be witnessed. In the first half every time there was a play resulting in positive yardage for the bears there was also a penalty to negate the gain. Also Hampton players did not display good sportmanship. #12 flipped off the Tellico bench and crowd and was allowed to remain in the game by his coach. I know Coach Hunt would never have allowed one of his to compete should they have ever done this. Totally classless. I like the bears chances to make another run next year with some pretty solid juniors and sophs returning...........

I’m sure when there is a loss some want to find fault or blame for the reason why

the loss took place just to justify it in one’s mind why.

It’s in your option that it was the worse officiating game TP has every played and you got the right to your option, but you are the first for the bears that I have heard opinionated that.

I myself and a couple hundred more fans would agree that they thought it was a pretty fair called game. Now as for saying that the bulldogs didn’t show good sportsmanship? don’t even go there. I believe it was TP that had about 3 to 4 poor sportsmanship calls on them and yes we got 1 ourself. The Bulldogs have the most respect for their visitors and guest.

But if you are saying that the way they played hardnosed football and they don’t let the other team push them around and they go at it as hard as they can!!! unsportsmanlike well then I guess you are right, but here we call it suit up, put on the pads and helmet, and play some smash-mouth football.

Now for you saying that #12 flipped of the TP side line & TP’s crowd and his coach let him stay in the game. Well if you seen it & so many others seen it, I’m pretty sure the refs would have seen it also and that would have brought on an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Which never happened!!! As though your accusation never happened.

Now moving on give both teams a hand, I for one thought it was a good, game both teams played their hearts out to the bitter end.

And I’ve got to give TP’s crowd in the stands a big bravo, you back those kids from start to finish even when they got behind you did not give up on them and I commend you all on that. BRAVO

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this Southeast. The offensive coordinator had his most balanced year as far as play calling goes. Coach Hunt has assembled what appears to be a very good staff and the fight and grit put forth by the team is a direct reflection of each coach from HUNT right on down. As for the Hampton game, it should go down as the Bears worst game of the year capped by some of the poorest officiating ever to be witnessed. In the first half every time there was a play resulting in positive yardage for the bears there was also a penalty to negate the gain. Also Hampton players did not display good sportmanship. #12 flipped off the Tellico bench and crowd and was allowed to remain in the game by his coach. I know Coach Hunt would never have allowed one of his to compete should they have ever done this. Totally classless. I like the bears chances to make another run next year with some pretty solid juniors and sophs returning...........

I’m sure when there is a loss some want to find fault or blame for the reason why

the loss took place just to justify it in one’s mind why.

It’s in your option that it was the worse officiating game TP has every played and you got the right to your option, but you are the first for the bears that I have heard opinionated that.

I myself and a couple hundred more fans would agree that they thought it was a pretty fair called game. Now as for saying that the bulldogs didn’t show good sportsmanship? don’t even go there. I believe it was TP that had about 3 to 4 poor sportsmanship calls on them and yes we got 1 ourself. The Bulldogs have the most respect for their visitors and guest. BRAVO

But if you are saying that the way they played hardnosed football and they don’t let the other team push them around and they go at it as hard as they can!!! unsportsmanlike well then I guess you are right, but here we call it suit up, put on the pads and helmet, and play some smash-mouth football.

Now for you saying that #12 flipped of the TP side line & TP’s crowd and his coach let him stay in the game. Well if you seen it & so many others seen it, I’m pretty sure the refs would have seen it also and that would have brought on an unsportsmanlike like conduct penalty. Which never happened!!! As though your accusation never happened.

Now moving on give both teams a hand, I for one thought it was a good, game both teams played their hearts out to the bitter end.

And I’ve got to give TP’s crowd in the stands a big bravo, you back those kids from start to finish even when they got behind you did not give up on them and I commend you all on that.

One part that gets me and I hear it all the time, we had our worst game, you always have you're worst games against the best teams you play. We have had better games this season also, but they were against worse opponents. Ibet we don't have as good of game this week as we did against North Greene. hmmmmm wonder why.

haha im pretty sure #12 didnt flip no one off just like that lil #7 he was tryin to pump up the crowd..but the fans always know everything..better luck next year telico cause now ur out haha u all are pretty weak down there..

"Didn't flip no one off." I'm pretty sure thats a double negative , so you would actually be saying that he in fact did do it. Why would you say that about your own players?

That doesn't surprise me , that kid has some attitude. Oh well I don't think that really is ever going to seriously hurt anyone. I've about learned to ignore things like the bird finger , kids in general (not just in Hampton) have very little if any respect these days.

Yeah, that post right there just wreaks of innocence! :roflolk: Attitude is not a bad thing especially in football, but it does have limits, and giving the "bird" to the oppossing team's bench would be a case of those limits being exceded. I don't know what happened so I can't say one way or the other what happened, but I like OldEagle have noticed a serious decine in respect for authority by adolecent males AND females over the years, and the thing about it is I'm not very old. Its all happened in the last few years and its a very sad thing to see.

Yeah, that post right there just wreaks of innocence! :roflolk: Attitude is not a bad thing especially in football, but it does have limits, and giving the "bird" to the oppossing team's bench would be a case of those limits being exceded. I don't know what happened so I can't say one way or the other what happened, but I like OldEagle have noticed a serious decine in respect for authority by adolecent males AND females over the years, and the thing about it is I'm not very old. Its all happened in the last few years and its a very sad thing to see.

I'm going to have to agree with you fellers and it all starts at home. Kids are kids and most of them will do what they can get away with. People are soooo busy trying to make a dollar, they neglect their most important responceability. Hampton as a whole has great kids, it only takes 1 or 2 to tarnish the whole bunch. I can't say for sure what happened last week, the kid denied it ,but I do know that the TP's croud went wild and then came the penalty. Should have made them happy ,because it gave them a TD and made a game out of a lopsided 1st half. Up to that point ,I think they had gained 21 yards, made the score 13 to 7 and gave them new life. Hopefully we'll do our playing on the field this week.

On another note, Hampton played a much cleaner game, TP had numerous personal fouls and some were the flagrant varity. I doubt we have any personal fouls this week.