Fulton at Red Bank---Round Two!!

bluelionheart23

Congrats to RB on a fine team .. the best thing going for you is of course #4 and the fact that you have enough players to 2 platoon ... I noticed none of the OL played DL and I think there were only one or two that I saw play both sides ... Looked like RB had better footing than Fulton .. dont know what kind of shoes they wore but Falcons slipped alot ... RB just wore Fulton down ... Falcons got very tired in the 2nd half ... I figured that to be the difference ... 1st half was actually closer than score ... Falcons moved the ball and should have had 6 points instead FG on 1st possession and the gave a score to RB on fumbled punt and then the phantom pass interfence call on 3rd and long gane RB a 1st down for the score at end of half ... but make no mistake RB is the better team by far .. again they stay very fresh by playing 2 platoon .. with Fulton playing 8 and 9 guys both ways it caught up with them ... they tried to tackle #4 up high and he broke tackles .. should have been taking his legs away .. #4 runs high but Fulton had noone really make a good hit on him ... RB needs to improve a little on defense but there is no reason they cant win it all ... GOOD LUCK RED BANK beat GREENEVILLE (they are cocky) !!! One thing I thought Red Bank would be more intimidating place to play than that ... it didnt seem like a big home field advantage ... oh yea the 14 penalties that Fulton had and the fumbles didnt help either.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't make that many mistakes and expect to win a game. Red Bank is a good team but we made them look better. Yes, there was bad call and "lack of calls" in some cases but we made too many mistakes. We did not look ready to play and were worn down by the end of the 3rd qtr. Good Luck RB. We should do well next year with experienced players, senoirs, etc. Can't Wait! Now on to BBall season for us. GO FALCONS!

I hope my "pair" will qualify me to post on this site. You didn't specify what kind of "pair" was needed for this site. Oh well I'm going to anyway because I don't have any "class" anyway! Apparently, we are going to be too tired from stomping on the RB logo on the 50 to even make it back to sidelines and play 4 qtrs. Maybe our waterboys and ballboys could stomp on the logo for our team because our starting 11 need to save their strength for the game. We are going to have to do a better job with our open enrollment and recruitment to gain some depth. Who knows with our open enrollment...we might just be playing Maryville before you can turn around 3 times in your double wide trailor. I don't know why we are even going. I mean, the game has already been decided...right? I guess I will just sit home and listen to my new Bagpipe CD to remind me of playoff games from years past (just for old time sake).

No we do not have the depth we would like to have! We are hurting (no pun intended) with many injuries in key positions! We fully respect the Red Bank Program and have been known to gather around a goal post but would NEVER stomp on the 50 yd logo! That would not be tolerated by our Coaches. We know we have a tough battle in front of us. We will show up and we will play our best all 4 qtrs. We won't back down! We are coming to win no matter what!

GO FALCONS!

Photman, if you want a copy of the Bagpipe CD, let me know. 10% off for Gold Card Members of Club Fulton.

Save your change now Falcons! $3 to park! That is wrong especially when you are hosting a long distance away team. Just an opinion. Parking is ALWAYS free at Fulton High School!

Are you serious about the $3.00 cover to park your car! My car could care less who wins the game and will not be entertained by other cars in the parking lot. Why not flip us upside down, grab us by the ankles, and shake us real hard! Nothing says welcome to our school like "Well since you decided to bring your car....that will be 3 more dollars!" If my car doesn't have a good time, can I ask for a refund? I don't mind paying if I can get something in return, so will the softball team be washing windshields in return for the "privilege to parking on campus" fundraiser? Is there a discount for bicycles, wheel chairs, or Huv-arounds? If I pay $5.00... can I get valet service to the front gate? Oh well... AE sinks to this level too. $8.00 playoff ticket, a $3.00 parking privilege fee, and all we're considered is a warm-up game for Greenville.

Regardless... Go Falcons!

Thanks for he music CD, but I usually don't do bagpipe music until the 3rd round, and as much as I appreciate the discount with my Gold card... I'm Fulton "old school" and a have a 3rd generation bootleg copy.

Seriously-- If you can afford to drive from Knoxville to watch the game, then the $3.00 to park shouldn't be an issue. Again that is a fund raiser for the band. Does your band not have fundraisers? I am sure you have been asked to help raise money for something within the school. That is the whole problem with our schools today. NO body wants to do anyting and everybody wants to gripe!! If you didn't want to pay to park you should have told the people taking up money you couldn't afford to pay or you could have parked on the side of the road. I thought this site was for discussing high school sports not about fundraising efforts. But I guess you can save your change now, you will not have to pay to park anywhere else!!!! :thumb::|

I saw good sportsmanship last night from Fulton's players and coaches. You might want to remind your parents that their hollowing and sreaming at officials carry all the way accross the field and the RB stundents and fans heard those choice words. What I heard from moms and dads I was glad that I did not have to go home with those parents or spouses. There were some questionable calls on both sides of the ball. That just comes with the men in the black and white strips. There were 2 calls against RB that brought back to long returns. One call was for blocking in the back as the punt rolled out of bounds.

RB played a good game but not a great game. They have so much more! While RB have been winning by big numbers few know that once RB gets up by 20+ points the coaching staff begins to sub. Most of the time it happens in the 2nd period. Offen times this year the first unit of offens and defense did not play during the second half at all. That is whe Mr. Williams has not scored 6 td's per game and rushed for over 200 yrs per game.

Mr William is a good running back and has the potenial to grow into a great running back and will be playing on Saturday next year. He does run high and hard. The OL gives him the hole, His speed carries him past the DLB's before they can see him coming. That leave just the safety to make the stop. He is one step away from scoring. His main problem is that he trips over his own feet in making that cut to get around the safety.

What you all are calling "mistakes" are what RB defense did to stop you. You didn't make a mistake inside the 5 and had to kick a field goal. That was RB "D" being RB "D". That was good defensive play by RB and sorry it was not a mistake of your coaching staff or offensive unit. And yes it might have made a difference if you all had scored at that time. But it would have been just a few more mins and the tide would have returned to RB !

Keep in mind: 1st period 20-3 haft-time score 27-10 Falcons recieved the kick off starting the 3rd period. At 7:40 remaining in the 3rd period the score is 41-10. Thats a 31 point lead and 1 and 1/2 period remaining to be played. RB wholesale subs and the Falcon's come back and scores 12 more points with he mercy clock running. Mr Williams is on the pine. So it could have been much worst. I guess that is why they call it the mercy clock. Personally, I don't like the mercy clock because it cheats the subs from their playing time.

So while it was another "W" (12-0) I view this game as a good game but not outstanding. RB will work hard this week and will get better and will be ready for Greeneville or whom ever.

The Falcons have been kind with you remarks but don't beat yourself up because you just saw about 50 percent of what RB has to offer on any Friday night. If the score get too high the coaching staff will not try to embrass any time and will sub early. Sometimes we think too early. But that is how we will have returning underclassmen with playoff experience. Good luck to you all and hopefully we will see you agin next year.

i see ae road runners every year kinda x rated

Now come on reverse and barb, I take offense to that comment. AE, Brainerd, Howard, and Tyner's band are more geared towards HBC's school bands. They're more in tune with the students instead of the parents. For instance these bands play more up to date songs and that gets the students into the band halftime shows. I guess you wouldn't understand that because you're listening to the oldies type of music.

FYI Reverse, I'm hearing your band director at Fulton is looking at going to a more of a dancing type band in the near future. So get used to the dancing dolls, drum majors, and drumline battles...

i see ae road runners every year kinda x rated

Now come on reverse and barb, I take offense to that comment. AE, Brainerd, Howard, and Tyner's band are more geared towards HBC's school bands. They're more in tune with the students instead of the parents. For instance these bands play more up to date songs and that gets the students into the band halftime shows. I guess you wouldn't understand that because you're listening to the oldies type of music.

FYI Reverse, I'm hearing your band director at Fulton is looking at going to a more of a dancing type band in the near future. So get used to the dancing dolls, drum majors, and drumline battles...

I thought the Brainerd drum line was incredible but the dance team's thrusting and gyrating left us waiting for the pole dancing to begin...it was just a bit too erotic for Friday night.

jwc...you need to back on up! We mad MISTAKES. I am not taking anything away from your team but fumbling the ball on a punt is a "mistake." Senseless penalties are Mistakes...not the ability of your football team. Now your ability to capitlize on our mistakes should be noted. Don't get me wrong, I saw a good football team last night but we definitely made you look better. Anyway...I was sitting in the stands and I heard one Dad say and I quote, "you are missing a great game ref, you jackass!" If that offends you then you are ridiculous. I have heard much worse. The refs were awful mostly our way but probably both ways. It doesn't matter. You beat us and we did not have bad sportsmanship Coaches, players,or fans. It is one thing that I love about our program. Good Luck Red Bank.