Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

The Maryville fans have explained what is wrong with the DB football program without really intending to. Here is what the Maryville program IS and what our program IS NOT....

I anybody wants to see a DB team that is a well oiled unit like the Maryville team we saw last night, there needs to be change from the ground up.

A lot of truth in his observations. We are very fortunate to have a community that loves and supports hs football. If you were on the field last night after the game, you saw all the young kids throwing football and waiting to see their hs heroes. They dream of one day playing on Friday nights in that atmosphere.

This year's season started the day after last year's loss in the championship game. You can see qbs and receivers working on routes any summer morning at 6:00am...no coaches, just kids wanting to get better. The weightroom is full throughout the off-season. We don't win many games on pure athletic ability...it's hard work and ability to be coached.

GQ is a great coach....but he is also surrounded by an incredible coaching staff. He has also benefited from former MHS coaches who have laid the groundwork....(Wilson, Renfro, Story, Hammontree).

DB has the tradition which is the hardest thing to establish. Keep supporting the program and kids!! DB will be a fine.

The sky is not falling. There are some things we can learn from Maryville, but we have known that the program was a little down this year. My hats off to the guys who kept working to get better this year. The future looks bright with the young guys coming up. I've heard the freshman running back is going to be great. That will be a great balance with him and Sensabaugh. Also, I've heard the young QB looks pretty good. Seabolt would be great at QB, but it may be good to keep him at WR b/c he's talented there and made some big plays. All to say, things are looking up. It's just a matter of the kids working to get better and the coaches to teach and motivate. I've told friends who cheer for other schools, this was their year to beat DB because I believe they will be back next year.

DB's all-time record is: 715 - 215 - 28

Coach Clark's all-time record at DB is: 166 - 40 - 0

You can see coach Clark has fulfilled his end of the bargain, year in and year out with whatever talent he's had available. But I think what is missing is "Indian Pride" because the people in the school system are not loyal to this. The AD at DB has no understanding of this, some coaches in the city school system do not support this, some parents do not support this and most teachers in the school system live elsewhere besides Kingsport and are loyal to other school systems. It's time to get these sad facts straightened out before our programs fall into oblivion. I'd like to hear more opinions on this and I hope that somebody pays attention to this thread.

DB's all-time record is: 715 - 215 - 28

Coach Clark's all-time record at DB is: 166 - 40 - 0

You can see coach Clark has fulfilled his end of the bargain, year in and year out with whatever talent he's had available. But I think what is missing is "Indian Pride" because the people in the school system are not loyal to this. The AD at DB has no understanding of this, some coaches in the city school system do not support this, some parents do not support this and most teachers in the school system live elsewhere besides Kingsport and are loyal to other school systems. It's time to get these sad facts straightened out before our programs fall into oblivion. I'd like to hear more opinions on this and I hope that somebody pays attention to this thread.

What do you mean about Indian Pride ?

Why do I keep hearing that DB's season is like the beginning of the end? It's just one season, the kids should be more determined not to let that happen next year. With Maryville on the schedule for getting a state championship, DB will have to rethink what they do in order to dominate the conference and to make a run at a championship. I'm not talking about going back to square one, but the kids need to get together and the coaches will have to plan better for next year.

Why do I keep hearing that DB's season is like the beginning of the end? It's just one season, the kids should be more determined not to let that happen next year. With Maryville on the schedule for getting a state championship, DB will have to rethink what they do in order to dominate the conference and to make a run at a championship. I'm not talking about going back to square one, but the kids need to get together and the coaches will have to plan better for next year.

Actually it goes back futher than just this season blazer. Those of us that watches the goings on in and around the program have seen this day comming for a long time. There are also those that somehow are able to black out what has brought us to this point. If we sit back and accept it as just a down year we are doomed to repete this season many more times in the near future. The 2007 season was a down year for DB. This season was far worse than a down year. I will make another post later tonight on this thread. Guaranteed to make your blood boil if your the kissy face type.

[. This season was far worse than a down year. I will make another post later tonight on this thread. Guaranteed to make your blood boil if your the kissy face type.

Oh, Goody, I can't wait to learn something from the know it all idiot. I often wonder why they haven't jumped on the chance to hire you as Head Coach. Hey, sell any car parts today?

[. This season was far worse than a down year. I will make another post later tonight on this thread. Guaranteed to make your blood boil if your the kissy face type.

Oh, Goody, I can't wait to learn something from the know it all idiot. I often wonder why they haven't jumped on the chance to hire you as Head Coach. Hey, sell any car parts today?

Hey, great news---------I'm the 999,999th visitor. I just won a new Dell Computer. I'm gonna stay at Holiday Inn Express tonight. Free wi-fi with their "frequent stayer" plan. I'll be able to see all the profound information that's coming our way. I'm waiting. I'm waiting.

Hey, Whacko, can I order spark plugs and an alternator on-line, or do I have to come in???

How is it possible for a South fan to come on CoachT and call anybody a Idiot? Oh well, they did paint graffati on their on school before they got waxed by DB again this year. That tells you something right there. I tell you what muffandjett, since you are so sure of yourself. Why don't you come on over to the auto parts store and let me school you. I'll give you until Friday. If you don't make it then you know what you are. Eight months until the South fans start running their mouth about winning state and how bad their going to beat DB. :thumb: