Mitchell at Lawrence County

catbacker33

I missed three :/. I normally do better, but what can you do. I don't think LC will be able to hold Mitchell's offense down for the entire game. They feature a different style attack than Craigmont. Its like Alabama style offense one night, and then say a Cincinnati or Texas the next night. If this game is close I'll take my chances with Redmond and Malone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I tried to say that Craigmont had the the same firepower on offense, I would need to get drug tested. Mitchell is much more explosive on the offensive side of the ball and has playmakers all over the field. I do think Craigmont's D is better than Mitchell, so I think LCHS will put up more than 12 against Mitchell. If this game wasn't in Lawrenceburg, I'd be going to this one.

I missed three :/. I normally do better, but what can you do. I don't think LC will be able to hold Mitchell's offense down for the entire game. They feature a different style attack than Craigmont. Its like Alabama style offense one night, and then say a Cincinnati or Texas the next night. If this game is close I'll take my chances with Redmond and Malone.

JodyJoe...I am a newcomer to your predictions....I haven't read them before this post...but I couldn't agree with you more! Lawrence County has had a WONDERFUL season...one that their entire community should be proud of....however, it will end Friday night. Mitchell and Melrose are the "HANDS DOWN" best two teams in this Quadrant and are on a collision course with each other the following week(3rd Round)...in a very intense rematch!! It will happen...tell the Orange Mound community to start cooking those greens and dressing!!!

If Mitchell's defense isn't good, then their offense will hardly see the field. Since everybody knows LC runs the WingT, then their going to pound the football right at you and make you stop them. Then if Mitchell can't stop them then how are all the playmakers going to get on the field? Especially if it rains. But good luck to both teams.

If I tried to say that Craigmont had the the same firepower on offense, I would need to get drug tested. Mitchell is much more explosive on the offensive side of the ball and has playmakers all over the field. I do think Craigmont's D is better than Mitchell, so I think LCHS will put up more than 12 against Mitchell. If this game wasn't in Lawrenceburg, I'd be going to this one.

Now that you know the way you might as well come on back.

The game will be broadcast over the internet. The link will be at our GameDay link on Friday on the home page. The broadcast will be greatly biased but informative.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/gameday/

Mitchell's defense if FAR from Bad, just not on the same level of Craigmont. The gap between Craigmont's D and Mitchell's D isn't as far as the gap between the offenses. Even so, the Mitchell O doesn't have to be on the field often to put up points.

But if LC's offense controls the game the way the have during the 9-game winning streak then Mitchell won't be on the field. LC will end up wearing down Mitchell's defense and win this game. "I think." Only if they run the football the way they have been though.

Well LC will have to hold the ball 48 minutes then :roflolk:. If what you suggest happens and the score is close(1 possession) then the LC staff has to make sure they HAVE the ball for the last possession to either run out the clock or take as much time of as possible. Mitchell is a balanced team, that can hurt you over the top with Malone or on the ground with their QB and multiple running backs, who are small but tough.

You all do know LC plays defense too. Maybe because our offense is so good you forget about the defense. Anyway the defense is only allowing 13 pts a game. Yes before you say it Mitchell is bigger, faster, and stronger just thought I would beat you to your line. Seems to be a reacurring theme.

I like Mitchell in this one, even without their outstanding RB Gibson. This is one of those quadrants where the seeding just doesn't look right. Mitchell should have been #3 seed to start with. Lawrence Co. just got a tough draw.

I've seen LC this year and they are an outstanding team. However, the only teams with speed that approaches that of Mitchell that LC has seen are Columbia and Giles Co. Neither has as much speed as Mitchell and both beat LC.

David Marston has done a great job at LC, and they are enjoying their best season in 25 years, but I'm afraid it comes to an end Friday night at Hendrix-Staggs Stadium in Lawrenceburg.