Bearden at Farragut RD2

cowabungadude

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is most likely Farragut's last home game of the season.. assuming the "play at the higher seed" continues the rest of the way.

Should be a great game again. I still kind of think had they played the regular season game that Friday night instead of postponing it til Saturday that Bearden would have won. Devrin Young didn't do too much the first game this season, but as of late, he has come on very strong. I am sure he won't be a non factor this time around.

Farragut is coming off a big win but now they most move on. Bearden has shown improvement the last couple of weeks and they had a big win at Sevier County. Browning had an off week so purty and the offensive line picked up the offense last week. Farragut can attack you from too many ways. Bearden has shown some fight but their season will end next friday.

This game should not and will not be close. I look for Reese to go off this week coming off his less than stellar performance last week. I really think Farragut will blow them out worse than they did in the first meeting. I would really love to hang 50 on those Sissy-Dogs.

Prediction:

Farragut-56

The Bearded Ones- 10

Hopefully Purty will get some rest this week. After a 30+ carry night against Ooltewah, he probably needs it. Hudson ran a little better last Friday so maybe he's decided to turn it on for the playoffs. When you look at how Farragut won vs. Ooltewah it's really hard to not be amazed at the fact that they start 2 Freshman on the OL. I don't care if ooltewah was without Smith, that second half was awesome punishing football. I hope Farragut can do something about their pass defense. If they don't have the players to cover then Courtney is going to have to dial up some creative pass rush to bring pressure. I doubt Young will fare much better than he has against Farragut due to Farragut's small, quick DL. BTW, I thought #51 and #99 probably played the best I've seen them last Friday against Ooltewah.

Hopefully Purty will get some rest this week. After a 30+ carry night against Ooltewah, he probably needs it. Hudson ran a little better last Friday so maybe he's decided to turn it on for the playoffs. When you look at how Farragut won vs. Ooltewah it's really hard to not be amazed at the fact that they start 2 Freshman on the OL. I don't care if ooltewah was without Smith, that second half was awesome punishing football. I hope Farragut can do something about their pass defense. If they don't have the players to cover then Courtney is going to have to dial up some creative pass rush to bring pressure. I doubt Young will fare much better than he has against Farragut due to Farragut's small, quick DL. BTW, I thought #51 and #99 probably played the best I've seen them last Friday against Ooltewah.

Starpower, i just finished watching the replay on farragutfootball. com and i noticed every thrid and long or every pass situation #20 and #9 were both on on defense. Another thing i saw was they took out the middle LB and let the two outside LBs play pass coverage. Interesting look having two of our top offensive players being in on defense but i liked it. I think that can help our pass defense coming down the stretch.

AM12, I noticed that as well. #20 obviously has the speed and can get up if need be to defend the fade. #9 has spent a bit of time playing FS in his career, so he's no stranger to that side of the ball. I agree that having a "nickel" type package will benefit them in long yardage situations. Playing too much cover3 leaves seams that can exploited with slants, however running man can hurt you defending the outside running game, which Ooltewah killed them on last season. I still believe that when/if LBs #28,#39,and #35 start making plays, Farragut's defense can be State Champion quality. Although I'm still waiting on #1 to do something, anything.

Starpower, i just finished watching the replay on farragutfootball. com and i noticed every thrid and long or every pass situation #20 and #9 were both on on defense. Another thing i saw was they took out the middle LB and let the two outside LBs play pass coverage. Interesting look having two of our top offensive players being in on defense but i liked it. I think that can help our pass defense coming down the stretch.

This substituting will have to continue. There is no tomorrow once the playoffs begin. Every team will be a quality opponent. Farragut has to get the best players on the field.

Any word on Kevin Sellers' status? How is his hand? Will he be ready to go?

I expect a closer game than last time. I don't think Young was fully healthy (hip flexor?), and I'm almost positive that was the game Bearden was without its top LB (suspension). The game was nip and tuck at halftime, and in years past, the playoff meetings have typically been tighter than those in the regular season. Also, it sounds as though Farragut's RB, Purty, is dinged up, and it's hard to come to any other conclusion than Bearden is playing its best football of the year. Really looking forward to this one.