Bearden at Farragut RD2

cowabungadude

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that having Williamson back in the middle on D will definitely change the Bearden defense. But I doubt Young will have a game changing performance unless Farragut flat out does a poor tackling job. Farragut's defense is geared to stop the outside run, and Young is only dangerous outside. If Farragut's defense will stay with their assignments the game should end as almost all the others have in the last 6-7 years. Bearden can still win the game, but it will take an exceptionally poor game by Farragut.

Keep doubting that Young will not have a game changing performance and the Admirals could be in for a long night. Young isn't the only RB in the backfield that can carry the football. Both Landers and Wilker also will handle the inside running game for the Bulldogs

Keep doubting that Young will not have a game changing performance and the Admirals could be in for a long night. Young isn't the only RB in the backfield that can carry the football. Both Landers and Wilker also will handle the inside running game for the Bulldogs

Keep dreaming. Farragut at home wins big by atleast 3 touchdowns. Farragut only has one player to prepare for, and don't try to tell me bearden has more than one playmaker because they don't. Farragut offense is way too good for bearden's defense i don't care if Drew Williamson was out or not. He's a great player but he's ONE player. Is he gonna simultaneously cover Van Dyne and Allen while plugging up the holes and stopping Purdy and Hudson?? No. You're living in a dream world if you think bearden will win this game. Not gonna happen.

Young may have a 100yd+ game tonight, but I would hardly call that game changing. As a matter of fact I will say it's expected, but he's done that before against Farragut and it had no bearing on the outcome. Bearden is pretty predictable on offense. Now their QB comes out and throws for 200+ and Young runs for 100+ we may have a ball game. I will say momentum swings are huge in these games. In the regular season Bearden looked like they were going to give it a try early, but faded when it counted. However in 2007 playoff game, when Farragut looked in control, Bearden rallied and stole it in the end. If Farragut comes out strong tonight will this Bearden team be able to respond, or fold up like they did a few weeks ago? And don't give me this Young was hurt excuse, he didn't figure in Bearden giving up 42 points.