Memphis Melrose @ Hardin County...2nd round

utfan2

TraderB,

I have followed kwc and your insight for a few years and respect your opinion. There is no Ridgeway beat Melrose logic behind HC this week. We would only have to look at the Northside/Bartlett score then turn to to Melrose/Bartlett score to eliminate that train of thought. That thought process doesnt workout, as you know, because games are played on the field. Melrose is traditionally a strong team and it is logical that they are headed for a collision course with Mitchell. Unfortunately I dont think LC or HC will be playing this Friday night with the idea of keeping the tracks clear for those 2 trains to meet. Good luck to all teams in Quad 4 I just hope one of them finishes the job in Cookeville.

ftbllfn:

I appreciate your kind words about me and I'm sure TraderB feels the same. You know that I've been reading this and other posts on here on a daily basis, like all of us do because we are addicted ... can't get enough, but let me say this also ... I've had your comments on my mind here recently because I feel can relate to what you are going through internally. By that I mean this ... when I first started coming to this site several years ago there wasn't much West Tn support on here and very little City of Memphis support. I would read stuff about Memphis teams and just get infuriated. I quickly learned to just let the play on the field talk for itself and just enjoy the ride along the way. I soon found out that those who were not knowledgeable about Memphis area teams would find out when they faced them of what kind of teams were from my city. If the Memphis team did well ... those who were vanquished would soon be singing the praises of that team to all who would listen. If the city team fell ... well ... it was just another undiciplined, poorly coached but highly talented team from Memphis. By and large ... people had/have already made up their minds about Memphis City teams and the only way to change their perspective or opinion is to have their team play a City of Memphis team and let the chips fall where they may.

About Hardin County:

I think Hardin County high school football is pretty good and I think they have had an outstanding year and I think the coaches over there deserves a lot of credit for the consistency that they have shown over the past few years. But, based on my years of experience of just watching and observing football on the high school level; I just think Melrose is the better team. This year has been by Melrose's standards, is an off year ... but make no mistake about it ... that is a very solid team offensively and defensively. Their achiles heel is what's it has been for years ... their lack of a kicking game.

On another note:

There is one thing I would like for you to pay attention to when you attend the game. I'm assuming you will be there. Just watch the young man playing QB for Melrose and give me your opinion of him and how he manages his team. Quite frankly, I'm very impressed with his play considering that he is only a sophomore, but I would love to get someone else's POV. This is the 2nd QB to be coached under this current coaching staff at Melrose to be so poised in the pocket that I'm beginning to think that it's more then just them having talented players to play that position. I think that whoever currently coaches QB's at Melrose is one of the best around because I like the product that I see when I see Melrose play.

Anyway ... just some thoughts ftbllfn.

kwc,

There is no doubt a great deal of smack talk that occurs on this sight from people that are not very knowledgable on the game of football much less any environment outside their small area of life. I have enjoyed many games and ate plenty of good food, might I add in Memphis even when HC had long been eliminated. Personally I have the utmost respect for inner city teams, especially Memphis. The challenges those young men face are drastically different.

Athletically, it is like comparing the SEC to the WAC. I look forward to a well played and coached game this Friday on both sidelines. As for your request, no doubt will give you my feed back.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a relatively newcomer to these boards and have not posted on here before but the last few post I have read have made me register for an account. Those post are the way this site is supposed to be used. Talking about upcoming games and giving insight to why teams will win and loose. I will be watching for TraderB,

KWC, and Fballfans posts in the future. Keep up the good posts guys! I do expect some great games Friday night. Not sure the rural teams will be able to compete for four quarters against Melrose and Mitchell but I do expect great games. I would have to say LCHS/Mitchell may be the best game this week. Good luck to all teams and safe traveling!!

I am a relatively newcomer to these boards and have not posted on here before but the last few post I have read have made me register for an account. Those post are the way this site is supposed to be used. Talking about upcoming games and giving insight to why teams will win and loose. I will be watching for TraderB,

KWC, and Fballfans posts in the future. Keep up the good posts guys! I do expect some great games Friday night. Not sure the rural teams will be able to compete for four quarters against Melrose and Mitchell but I do expect great games. I would have to say LCHS/Mitchell may be the best game this week. Good luck to all teams and safe traveling!!

Welcome to CoachT, Jvb123!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry:

1) Can you give us a quick run-down on who your favorite team(s)... and why.

2) Why are you skeptical about the rural teams ability to compete for 4 quarters, vs Melrose and Mitchell?

----------------------------------------------------

(I think I can safely speak for Kwc, Fballfans and the rest of the CoachT posters, with this..) We all look forward to exchanging ideas and reading your viewpoints, as well.

2) Why are you skeptical about the rural teams ability to compete for 4 quarters, vs Melrose and Mitchell?

(I think I can safely speak for Kwc, Fballfans and the rest of the CoachT posters, with this...) We all look forward to exchanging ideas and reading your viewpoints, as well.

Even though Henry County is not matched up with your Memphis teams in the playoffs this year, I would love to hear your assessment as to why the Henry County teams of the last three years were able to play with, and usually beat the likes of Fairley, East, and Melrose. How do the teams Melrose and Mitchell play this year compare to Henry County of the past three years? Just for the record, Henry County is good again, but definitely not as explosive or dangerous on offense, but definitely better on defense.

(I think I can safely speak for Kwc, Fballfans and the rest of the CoachT posters, with this..) We all look forward to exchanging ideas and reading your viewpoints, as well.

I must say I would consider myself a Lawrence County High School fan. I like this team for the same reason you like the West teams probably and that is location. Since you asked, I also like the running game. Not just theirs, I like all teams that run the football! As far as the second question goes, I have seen both LCHS and HC play this year and I am just not positive they will be able to keep up with the speed that they are going to face this week. Of course my heart says they can but my brain says hold on! When any team comes across a team with a D1 signee they need to be careful. I must admit I don't know lots about the West teams but I do know they usually bring very athletic teams and I wouldn't expect anything less form these two programs. These two Memphis teams are historically good and I am ancious to see them play. Ball control is a must for both LCHS and HC because of the explosive offenses. Good luck to all teams. One of these teams that emerge from quad 4 could be the next state champ!!

Very good points jvb123. The best defense against Kiewon Malone is to keep him off the field as long as possible. If LCHS can control the ball and put together long TD scoring drives, they have a shot. The turnovers MUST be limited more though. I think LCHS lost either 2 or 3 fumbles to Craigmont, and Mitchell will take advantage of those fumbles if given the same amount. The Craigmont offense struggled more than Mitchell will. If they give Mitchell 2 or 3 fumbles and let Malone go to work, it may be a long game. As far as the speed of Mitchell against LCHS, I thought our speed at Craigmont would give them more problems than it did. LCHS has some speed of their own. I would love to see a game Friday where there are zero turnovers by either team and the game decided by 7 or less. Good luck Friday

I have a weird feeling about this game...This very well could be a huge upset HC is riding high right now and just might be enough. Tigers stun Melrose on very late TD pass..

Are you a Hardin County fan, Utfan2?

My sources in Memphis tell me that this game will not be close. They tell me the same about Lawrence County-Mitchell. TraderB and kwc are the experts in this area of the state. Being in Henry County, I have come to trust what these two guys have to say about Memphis teams. Listen when either speaks.