Smith County hosts Harpeth - Round 2

imallin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see Pearl Cohn play? Pspy, you can't know how dangerous they were or how they would compare to Harpeth if you didn't. I'm sure Harpeth will be extremely tough. They, like CC, haven't seen playoff football in a while. A 2nd round game in Carthage is pretty formidable in itself. SC shows up with intensity, purpose, and heart, they will be tough to beat at home. It's up to SC.

GO BIG OWLS!!!!!!!

Smith County is very tough to beat at "The Hole". They played with a lot of heart last night, especially on defense, and hit 1 of their 2 trick plays on offense to get the game's lone TD. There are some very good matchups within the game itself that will be very good throughout this one.

Harpeth and Smith County each have some linemen who have played a lot of high school football over the years and the battle in the trenches IMHO will be what ultimately decides this one.

Harpeth's top playmaker is #6 Perry Horkins. He is a great talent at receiver. Smith County's top playmaker is #5 Joshua Johnston. He is a great talent at receiver.

Both teams have veteran players who are solid at the QB position. For Harpeth it is #10 Jeremy Roark. For Smith County it is #7 Brandon Johnston.

The play up front decides the game for me. Both teams have some great players at LB and you have to get them blocked to have success against either defense. For Harpeth those guys are #22 Nathan Foriest & #13 Travis Tice. For Smith County those guys are #30 Zach Tongate & #51 Peyton Brey.

I expect a 21-14 type of contest with the winner scoring a touchdown late to advance to the quarterfinals in 2 weeks. Both teams manhandled Cheatham this year with ease and I want to wish BOTH TEAMS the very best of luck in this one :thumb:

OutofBounds, Patspys scouting report is exactly what SC coaches will develop the gameplan around :popcorneater:! Your Indians will have SC's full attention this week and expects the same thing, I'm sure. Congrats on advancing this far and welcome to Carthage this week.

If I'm not mistaken these 2 teams played a home and home sometime. Split, I think. Didn't a Tant kid play there?

Well Harpeth, welcome to "The Hole", rated by the TENNESSEAN as the 2nd hardest place to play for visiting teams, only behind "The Pit" in Lincoln County. It is called The Hole because it is literally in a hole. All roads lead down to get in and run up to get out. I guess I have to compare The Hole to PC's marching band - man it is lively and something going on at all times.You don't know where to look because you might miss something. Harpeth, if you look over your left shoulder, you will see two graveyards up on the hill, look over your right shoulder, you will see a large fire up on a hill- don't know which to tell you to avoid. Strange things happen in The Hole. Visitors come away amazed and enjoy talking about The Hole, i.e. Howdoitknow from Cheatham Co. Most of all though, you will be treated better than you have ever been treated. We will do all we can to accomodate you so you will enjoy your visit to Carthage. We want you to come back. As for the game, two good teams will meet in The Hole and may the best team win. Be safe on your trip to The Hole.

Scoot.... I'm going to have to correct you on a little something. If I'm not mistaken, the Tennessean had the "Hole" as the 2nd best place to watch a game in Md. Tn., not the 2nd hardest place to win. Regardless, I think everyone kinda gets the gist on what you are talking about. Well I see you, and a few others, made it out alive the other night. What about bigreid and termite? They didn't get caught up in the cross-fire, did they? :roflol:

So what was the trick play that you all scored on the other night? (I don't think you'll be disclosing any information)

As for the game this week.... I think if the Owls come to play, they should be preparing for round 3. I mean after all... Harpeth did get beat by Jo Byrns. There's no way the Owls could get beat by a team that lost to a..... how is it you guys say it when you're playing G'ville, or looking at our schedule ....... "smallball" team. :thumb: Best of luck Owls!!! :thumb:

Somebody give me an update on the Carter twins, please. I haven't heard anything in a while. Are they still starting? How's their play? Probably had to grow up pretty quick in the last few weeks, huh? I bet they are going to be some good ones before their time ends at SCHS.