Smith County hosts Harpeth - Round 2

imallin

Congrats Smith County. A well played game. I would have liked to have seen what Harpeth could have done if they punched it in there from the 3 and tried an on sides kick. Great high school football atmosphere. The train whistle made us feel right at home. It's like a baseball game in Pegram huh fellas? :roflol:

Good luck the rest of the way.

ks.....Hope ya'll had a good visit and everybody treated ya'll well. Harpeth was a solid ball team. Good game to watch. The folks I met and talked to from there were gracious and complimentry. Good people and fun to talk to.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth is trying to get back to the tradition that Smith County is entrenched in. If my information is correct, Smith County had 37 upperclassmen which was more than Harpeth suited up. It was a great atmosphere for our guys and our fans. #4 was your player of the game. No touches in the 1st quarter and you guys are down 10-0. He asserted himself the rest of the way and Harpeth didn't have an answer. The first and goal from the 50 that wound up as Smith County's ball on the 50 wasn't defensive pressure so much as 3 bad snaps or fumbled snaps in a row. I thought the stacked I to punch it in was a better formation to start with. Score there and make it a 3 point game with the chance of an on sides kick was Harpeth's best chance.

Good game either way.