Smith County hosts Harpeth - Round 2

imallin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Owls .. good luck next week .. Termie .. I hope all is well with you ...

All is very good BB, thanks for asking. Sounds like all is well with the Big Blue nation too.

Pretty good for a couple of litle ole county schools ain't it?

I know the Owls are playing good ball right now. No super star, just pure TEAM ball. Last week #44 stepped it up, this week #38 and #4. The O-line and defense are playing SC football. Nobody can focus on 1 player. Take one away, somebody else steps up.The last couple of games the crowd has stepped their game up too............Hope we keep it going. I don't know about the rest, but I'm sick and tired of them Lizards beating us. York has beat SC the last 4 times they have met. Time to end it..............

I heard H.Hackett was taken to the Hospital after the game. Does anybody know anything about him, or any other injuries??

Great job Owls...after the first few minutes. :excl: You've won yourself another night in the HOLE!!!

C. Smith's Reggie Bush impersonation was awesome.

I hope Hackett is ok!!

Your right bigreid, Caleb Smith made a couple of game changing plays. Hey, Gage Scurlock ran the ball pretty dang good too. O-line and entire defense played extremely well IMO. Harpeth had a couple of hog mollys on the line. The coaches made adjustments at the half and kept #6 from being a factor.

SC battles back from sluggish start to take this one 20-10. Way to go Owls!!

Guess 8-AA is weak, huh CPA4ever. ALL 8-AA Quarter-finals!!! Good job Dragons.

Crow w/ biscuits this morning on the menu for me. Congrats to SC and York! And I went all these years without being wrong. :lol: Guess I need to start another streak. :excl:

Well, as said before, strange things happen in The Hole. Spotted a very good Harpeth team 10 points and then the Owls reeled off 20 straight points. The last half allowed Harpeth only 9 yds total offense. #6 good receiver but the Owl defense had him bottled up all night. QB under pressure all and a few balls dropped by receivers. Near the end of the game, Harpeth had it first and goal at the three, and wound up, if they had one more play, forth and goal from the 50 !! ouch !! Good job Owls and keep it up.

Well, as said before, strange things happen in The Hole. Spotted a very good Harpeth team 10 points and then the Owls reeled off 20 straight points. The last half allowed Harpeth only 9 yds total offense. #6 good receiver but the Owl defense had him bottled up all night. QB under pressure all and a few balls dropped by receivers. Near the end of the game, Harpeth had it first and goal at the three, and wound up, if they had one more play, forth and goal from the 50 !! ouch !! Good job Owls and keep it up.

There has been 3 games where the defense has really stepped it up. WH, PC and Harpeth. Take away the 1st play on defense (a missed tackle) and 1 slightly overthrown ball for an interception and Harpeth is held in check all night.

It would be hard for me to pick a player of the game on offense C.Smith or G. Scurlock. Defense...whole defense. Unsung hero...Brandon Powell..he made a 1-2 big plays that if aren't made could have been trouble for the owls.

Congrats Smith County. A well played game. I would have liked to have seen what Harpeth could have done if they punched it in there from the 3 and tried an on sides kick. Great high school football atmosphere. The train whistle made us feel right at home. It's like a baseball game in Pegram huh fellas? :roflol:

Good luck the rest of the way.