Smith County hosts Harpeth - Round 2

imallin

These 2 teams played a home and home about 10 years ago with Harpeth winning both. That has nothing to do with now, but thought it interesting. I expect SC to come out and play inspired and ascend out of the Hole moving to the Quarters. Can hardly wait till gametime. Excited about the Owls and the way they showed last week.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I would expect a fair turnout from the Harpeth side for the game. Last week, our band was in state competition in Franklin on Saturday and they didn't make the trip to Cannon County. I don't think they are bringing any student busses up, but my opinion is that this is the first time Harpeth has been to the 2nd round since early 2000's so I think folks will be excited. We are excited about coming to SC because we know this is going to be high school football atmosphere at its finest and it will be a game with two talented and fun to watch teams.

It is Harpeth's first trip to the 2nd round since 2001 when they beat Huntingdon in the opening round in a 10-7 game before falling to Lewis County in the second round in a 35-28 shootout. That was when Harpeth had players such as Dansby, Beasley, Gann, & Ellrich on the field.

I know the question was asked on the 1st page but yes when Harpeth did have their home & home series with the Owls in the mid to late 90's there were a pair of Tants on the field. Jason Tant was the lineman who went on to play for a short period of time at Vandy. Matthew Tant was the running back who went on to start at the fullback position at Vandy in the early 00's. He later had a brief NFL career with the Chargers I believe. Those Harpeth teams ('97 & '98) were part of an awesome 5 year run of playoff success in Kingston Springs that saw them reach the second round 4 different times (1997, 1998, 2000, & 2001) & reach the state quarterfinals 1 time (1999).

For fans in the Cheatham County who will be unable to make this game the broadcast will be carried on WQSV AM790 and over the world wide web at http://www.wqsvam790.com so feel free to tune in and support the Tribe if you can't make the trip to Carthage (a great football environment).

We have a big time up there on the hill around the fire. We usually start filing in about 6 or 615 on Friday evening. I thought last Fri. night would be our last...glad I was wrong. Congratulations to the Owls for advancing to the 2nd round of the play-offs. In my opinion the best football atmosphere in football is right here in Carthage TN. We listen to the pre-game on 104.1, music is blaring from the press box, the band is warming up, special teams are gettin loose, the smell of fresh grilled burgers and popcorn fills the cool fall air. You anticipate the BOOM from the fireworks, and then the TRAIN HORN (lemme tell ya folks, it is one more horn). Sometimes we might even bust out some hot-dogs and marshmallows to cook over the fire, and always some salted in the shell peanuts. I have been to Knoxville on Saturday, Nashville on Sunday, numerous high schools on Friday nights (even in Texas) and you won't find a better football atmosphere than right here in Carthage Tennessee. Harpeth fans, welcome to "The Hole". Looking forward to a great High School football game. Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game and an injury free game!!!!

Always wanted to come over to get a hot-dog. LOL. Always looked like a lot of fun. Good luck to the night-birds.

We have a big time up there on the hill around the fire. We usually start filing in about 6 or 615 on Friday evening. I thought last Fri. night would be our last...glad I was wrong. Congratulations to the Owls for advancing to the 2nd round of the play-offs. In my opinion the best football atmosphere in football is right here in Carthage TN. We listen to the pre-game on 104.1, music is blaring from the press box, the band is warming up, special teams are gettin loose, the smell of fresh grilled burgers and popcorn fills the cool fall air. You anticipate the BOOM from the fireworks, and then the TRAIN HORN (lemme tell ya folks, it is one more horn). Sometimes we might even bust out some hot-dogs and marshmallows to cook over the fire, and always some salted in the shell peanuts. I have been to Knoxville on Saturday, Nashville on Sunday, numerous high schools on Friday nights (even in Texas) and you won't find a better football atmosphere than right here in Carthage Tennessee. Harpeth fans, welcome to "The Hole". Looking forward to a great High School football game. Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game and an injury free game!!!!

Always wanted to come over to get a hot-dog. LOL. Always looked like a lot of fun. Good luck to the night-birds.

Oh my goodness King - you had rather french kiss a rattlesnake than go over and mix and mingle with the fire fans. I know all of them and sometimes they get rowdy :hungry:

Oh my goodness King - you had rather french kiss a rattlesnake than go over and mix and mingle with the fire fans. I know all of them and sometimes they get rowdy :ugeek:

Now Scooter, we are an easy goin' bunch up here on the hill, besides the menu for this Fri. night is chili. GO OWLS

MMM. Chili! LOL. I'm pretty passionate about football as well scoot, so I think I could blend in.

I know most those guys up there. If you like football and like having a large time.......you would fit in fine.

I heard that Harpeth has some big ole boys up front. Don't know how they move but heard they take up a lot room. But, just listening to everybody, seems to be 2 evenly matched teams....on paper anyway.

The crowd was into the game a little more than usual lsat Friday night, but I believe we can take it up another notch. Believe me...the kids noticed.