DeKalb County VS Maplewood

Speeding2Live

A word of advice to DC: Maplewood may not be as accomodating on your annoying train whistle as Greenbrier was, so I would tread lightly on the nerves of Metro fans.

It's likely, wherever the game is played, that more Tiger fans will show up for the game than Panther fans. Even though they have been better a than average team for about the past five years, their band often out numbers fans in the stand (even in playoff games). And that's with the band having been reduced in size by a third over that same five years. And I doubt that a train whistle will be as annoying as Maplewood's band playing nearly all night long.

you can leave that crap whistle right where you found it, in the trash...and i can see now that you havent been to a maplewood game in a while. the fans are coming ..but its not the fans you need to be worried about.

So I haven't been to a Maplewood game in awhile? I was at the most recent game held at Hillsboro versus Scott County. I haven't made every game this year: Missed Hillsboro, Ooltewah, and of course Whites Creek. I'm just saying that considering that the Highlanders had to travel well over 100 miles to a game they were picked to lose, they brought a equal to or better than the Panthers. Back when I went to MHS (Class of 81) we had good crowds for home, and away games.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A word of advice to DC: Maplewood may not be as accomodating on your annoying train whistle as Greenbrier was, so I would tread lightly on the nerves of Metro fans.

Nice to see you take a shot at DeKalb after they eliminated your team..........at least that train whistle is the only an "annoying" subject to talk about on Friday's. You are one that we have to put up with 24/7 on the board :thumb:

So I haven't been to a Maplewood game in awhile? I was at the most recent game held at Hillsboro versus Scott County. I haven't made every game this year: Missed Hillsboro, Ooltewah, and of course Whites Creek. I'm just saying that considering that the Highlanders had to travel well over 100 miles to a game they were picked to lose, they brought a equal to or better than the Panthers. Back when I went to MHS (Class of 81) we had good crowds for home, and away games.

one reason for the smaller crowd this past week was ..not many fans knew where the game was being held several people showed up at Maplewood looking for the game ...i had several friends call me up and ask me where the game was being played. and why not come support the teams it was a big game for them ..ive seen teams travel very well ...Henry Co ..at Hillsboro playoff game..filled in the whole vistor and and half the home side ..only to lose ...so it really doesn't matter how many fans you bring ..its how you play ...im sure Maplewood will be just as happy to beat DeKalb Co ..in front of 1 fan or 2500 ..its still win or go home...and thats what it is ..Maplewood is not ready to go home! also many games this year have been played in bad weather ..so i didnt expect a huge crowd just a Panther win ..and im looking for more now!!

LATE BREAKING NEWS-----Maplewood and DeKalb County's game will be played at Hunters Lane High School. Maplewood's field still in terrible condition.

Playing at Hunters Lane (or Whites Creek) makes more sense that playing literally across town at Hillsboro. Plus, the traffic is often bad in Green Hills around game time.

What does Dekalb Co bring to the table?

Dekalb brings a really good offense. Be prepared to see one of the best QBs in the state. If Hunter Poteete was 6'4 we would see him on Sundays one day.

Defense is a little small but always play with a lot of fire. They are used to seeing 220 lb. backs running at them.

Kicking game will be a little hampered with the absence of Zack Taylor. He was injured in the Greenbriar game last week. The game should be a hard fought close one.

Since maplewood is renting Hunters Lane's field, have they inquired how much additional cost there would be to rent another team's fans since they don't have any of their own?

hey i got an idea rent us some of your fans and we will front you a few points ...lol you guys better stop worrying about our fans and worry about how you are going to stop Maplewoods football team ...you are not ready for the size and speed of this panther team ..and we do not have any 220 lb backs ....to easy to catch we rather fly right past you. and bulldog69er ...that was so lame ..but hey ..its all you got ...so *clap* *clap* ..now go take one of those fancy tongue baths you guys are known for doing so well and watch out for those smelly cracks ...now get mutt!!