DeKalb County VS Maplewood

Speeding2Live

A word of advice to DC: Maplewood may not be as accomodating on your annoying train whistle as Greenbrier was, so I would tread lightly on the nerves of Metro fans.

Nice to see you take a shot at DeKalb after they eliminated your team..........at least that train whistle is the only an "annoying" subject to talk about on Friday's. You are one that we have to put up with 24/7 on the board :roflolk:

Just a fair warning, that's all. How many times you been to a Maplewood game??? :P

And, first I wasn't talking to you, CBarkley/BigCountry/CatfishHunter... but last week you wish the Bobcats good luck and think we'll beat DeKalb, and now you wanna talk smack when you got nuthin' therefore you come to me lookin' to pick a fight. :thumb:

Last I checked, the Cats put down both of YOUR teams and MADE the playoffs. Now all you got is to ride on the coattails of some other team....like always. And by the way...congratulations on making it through ONE season without getting kicked off CoachT. :thumb:

Now, back talking Maplewood/DeKalb....and back to "ignoring" Catfish.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a fair warning, that's all. How many times you been to a Maplewood game??? :P

And, first I wasn't talking to you, CBarkley/BigCountry/CatfishHunter... but last week you wish the Bobcats good luck and think we'll beat DeKalb, and now you wanna talk smack when you got nuthin' therefore you come to me lookin' to pick a fight. :roflolk:

Last I checked, the Cats put down both of YOUR teams and MADE the playoffs. Now all you got is to ride on the coattails of some other team....like always. And by the way...congratulations on making it through ONE season without getting kicked off CoachT. :thumb:

Now, back talking Maplewood/DeKalb....and back to "ignoring" Catfish.

thats too funny!!

it reminds of a tale.

:P | ><>~- - - -/) :thumb:

fisherman: Fish ON!!!

spectator: ...ahh man thats a big one!!

fisherman: wow this is the biggest and ugliest one i have ever caught!

spectator: what did you use for bait?

fisherman: ...his own bullcr@p worked just fine!!

spectator: you going to keep it?

fisherman: are you kidding? its just a useless ole catfish.

spectator: oh ...well kick it back in.

back to the game ....i got lost for a second ...

you guys put up quite a few points ...this looks like it may be a good game ...but im still going with my panthers ..its just that time.

Since maplewood is renting Hunters Lane's field, have they inquired how much additional cost there would be to rent another team's fans since they don't have any of their own?

hey i got an idea rent us some of your fans and we will front you a few points ...lol you guys better stop worrying about our fans and worry about how you are going to stop Maplewoods football team ...you are not ready for the size and speed of this panther team ..and we do not have any 220 lb backs ....to easy to catch we rather fly right past you. and bulldog69er ...that was so lame ..but hey ..its all you got ...so *clap* *clap* ..now go take one of those fancy tongue baths you guys are known for doing so well and watch out for those smelly cracks ...now get mutt!!

Golddust281 is not from DeKalb Co. This is the first DeKalb Co. post he/she has posted on. I would think DeKalb Co. fans are more respectful than that and don't engage in all the trash talk. We just want to build a strong football program like other schools (Maplewood included) have. Last year and last week are the only two times in the history of DeKalb Co. to win a playoff game ever. Our team and coaches have worked hard and a win in round 2 will be a first. Beating a team like Maplewood will be a real accomplishment. Now let's play ball.

Since maplewood is renting Hunters Lane's field, have they inquired how much additional cost there would be to rent another team's fans since they don't have any of their own?

hey i got an idea rent us some of your fans and we will front you a few points ...lol you guys better stop worrying about our fans and worry about how you are going to stop Maplewoods football team ...you are not ready for the size and speed of this panther team ..and we do not have any 220 lb backs ....to easy to catch we rather fly right past you. and bulldog69er ...that was so lame ..but hey ..its all you got ...so *clap* *clap* ..now go take one of those fancy tongue baths you guys are known for doing so well and watch out for those smelly cracks ...now get mutt!!

boski....fbvwgubqoebuvuqboqibbiqvbbpmnfhjehjijiejqx.

Then you...jchqo hioygxytsfsbdndjuegksppwpk.

I am rooting for my team and whoever is playing boski's team. :hungry:

Golddust281 is not from DeKalb Co. This is the first DeKalb Co. post he/she has posted on. I would think DeKalb Co. fans are more respectful than that and don't engage in all the trash talk. We just want to build a strong football program like other schools (Maplewood included) have. Last year and last week are the only two times in the history of DeKalb Co. to win a playoff game ever. Our team and coaches have worked hard and a win in round 2 will be a first. Beating a team like Maplewood will be a real accomplishment. Now let's play ball.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. The fans from DC just want to see a good game and their team to succeed, but who doesn't want to see their team win? Don't let a few people make an impression for the rest of the people rooting for DC.

It should be a good game though. I know Maplewood has speed, but our recievers are pretty fast themselves. Really what it will come down to is can Maplewood's secondary keep Poteete from getting passes. Or, will they focus on their secondary this week and Poteete break free like he has been known to do? We have #22 Weatherby back there, too. It's his first year and he's a senior, but man is he fast. If he ever gets any space and makes a cut it will be off to the races.

DC pretty much has the pass covered when it comes to D. I haven't seen teams have success with it this year, at all hardly. The run is where they are weak like everyone knows. Hopefully we will see that improve this week. I think if everyone is healthy for this game it will be a good game. Likely a shoot out.

I think this game is interesting. Dekalb can throw the ball very well. Maplewood can run the ball very well. It could be another shootout for Dekalb. I don't see Dekalb stopping Maplewood's potent running game. It really will depend on Maplewood being able to stop Dekalb's passing game.

This sums it in a nutshell. Speed vs the pass. Maplewood will see the ball in the air quite a bit and Poteete can be on the money on a good night. Abrams ran the deep and wide-open on the sidelines for long caught passes but failed to stay in bounds at least a couple of times. If they get loose in the red zone, Poteete can pass and score, or scramble and score. But I have a feeling the Panthers speed will overshadow the Tiger defense.

With that said, may the best team win...

(Any word on Zach Taylor's injury from the Greenbrier game? It looked serious. You could have heard a pin drop that night during the time they were putting him on the backboard.)

I think this game is interesting. Dekalb can throw the ball very well. Maplewood can run the ball very well. It could be another shootout for Dekalb. I don't see Dekalb stopping Maplewood's potent running game. It really will depend on Maplewood being able to stop Dekalb's passing game.

This sums it in a nutshell. Speed vs the pass. Maplewood will see the ball in the air quite a bit and Poteete can be on the money on a good night. Abrams ran the deep and wide-open on the sidelines for long caught passes but failed to stay in bounds at least a couple of times. If they get loose in the red zone, Poteete can pass and score, or scramble and score. But I have a feeling the Panthers speed will overshadow the Tiger defense.

With that said, may the best team win...

(Any word on Zach Taylor's injury from the Greenbrier game? It looked serious. You could have heard a pin drop that night during the time they were putting him on the backboard.)

That is about as accurate you can get with it.

and for Taylor i heard at first they were worried about him being paralyzed from the waist down but now he is already back in school walking and that he was going to be okay.