DeKalb County VS Maplewood

Speeding2Live

To be honest Scott Co. was not impressive to me because they weren't really that good and the win over them wasn't by as many as it should've been if ya'll are as amazing as you are claiming to be. Go ahead and keep putting DC down. I don't have a problem with it and I'm not going to get involved with the arguing because I can already tell we have the better sportsmanship and all ya'll are going to do is try to start stuff which is fine because the players will be doing the talking on the field. And when we put up big numbers on you guys then we will see how many ways you can think of to put DC down after the game even if they win. I'm not trying to start an argument, but do you have to sound so arrogant all of the time? Just admit that DC has earned where they are and can put up points and that it should be a good game and let that be that. And from what I heard speed or no speed your secondary isn't where it should be exactly which should get lit up pretty nice.

You can say what you want about Scott County. But the Highlanders did make a better game of it against Maplewood. And, they only allowed one long touchdown run against them. How man long runs for TD's did the Tigers give up to the Panthers?

Ribbing aside, I have to admit that I was impressed with Poteete, and Abram. They make a great combination. Maplewood's secondary was just good enough to hold the Tiger's passing attack to a manageable level. Good luck in the future.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game for The Panthers. Speed Kills. Shouts out to DeKalb County and fans. Met alot of good people from Smithville. Poteete (the QB) could play on Sundays.

Poteete is very fun to watch he threw his 100th career touchdown pass if i heard correctly in this game. Unforutanly he's to short to play on Sunday's, and i think i heard somthing about he wanted to be a doctor. He does have a bright future either way he goes. Edwards should have a bright future as well. Congrats to DeKalb you gave it another good run. Good luck to Maplewood and good luck finding a field lol the annoucer was great lol.

Weekly radio interview (Tiger Talk) said Poteete had scored 99 touchdowns going into the game. 98 on offense and 1 defensive td last year vs White House. He scored 4 more TD's last night. That gives him a total of 103 Touchdowns scored in his career. :thumb: Impressive, especially since most of that was done in the last 2 years.

Tiger Talk interview with Head Coach Steve Trapp and Seniors Hunter Poteete and Abram Edwards, recap of Round 1 win vs Greenbrier, and preview of Round 2 game vs Maplewood. Click on link below for audio clip.

http://www.wjle.com/audioarchives

I think this has to be a disappointing end to a disappointing season for Dekalb.

I expected more from them this year. They had the players.

This post alone shows how far DeKalb football has came the past couple of years. When losing to a #1 seed in the 2nd round of the playoffs is viewed by some as a disappointment.

It was a great game and we all knew what DC's weakness on defense was coming into the game. But they scored 30 points on a #1 seed that had speed so I think they did great.

I have to agree. We are very proud of our team, our coaches, or seniors, and all who have worked so hard and made our football program a success. The future looks bright. Tiger Pride!

It was a great game and we all knew what DC's weakness on defense was coming into the game. But they scored 30 points on a #1 seed that had speed so I think they did great.

I have to agree. We are very proud of our team, our coaches, or seniors, and all who have worked so hard and made our football program a success. The future looks bright. Tiger Pride!

your 4th qtr points were on 2nd stringers ..they did ok i guess.. but overall your team did play better than i thought ..your QB ..was pretty tough .. bet he hasnt been sacked as many times in his career, than he was sacked Friday. Defense!!!!!!!!!

lets see i give the refs a D- ...they know better ..its a shame sometimes ..thats all i should say about that ..but i cant i have to ask one question about blocking a punt, If a punt is blocked by a player and the player then runs into the kicker after blocking the punt, should that be player flagged or not??

here is a nice link to the game summary http://www.wjle.com/node/9191 ...pretty detailed ..even though he left out some great calls made by the crew! dry.gif

I think this has to be a disappointing end to a disappointing season for Dekalb.

I expected more from them this year. They had the players.

This post alone shows how far DeKalb football has came the past couple of years. When losing to a #1 seed in the 2nd round of the playoffs is viewed by some as a disappointment.

Dekalb has came a long way, but I've watched these kids play football since they were in the 4th grade. IMO, Trapp has done a good job, but I have to think he should've done better. When they give up as much as they have on defense this year and last year, something needs to change.

your 4th qtr points were on 2nd stringers ..they did ok i guess.. but overall your team did play better than i thought ..your QB ..was pretty tough .. bet he hasnt been sacked as many times in his career, than he was sacked Friday. Defense!!!!!!!!!

lets see i give the refs a D- ...they know better ..its a shame sometimes ..thats all i should say about that ..but i cant i have to ask one question about blocking a punt, If a punt is blocked by a player and the player then runs into the kicker after blocking the punt, should that be player flagged or not??

here is a nice link to the game summary http://www.wjle.com/node/9191 ...pretty detailed ..even though he left out some great calls made by the crew! dry.gif

30 points is 30 points no matter who it was against. Poteete did get sacked a lot more and more as the game went along it kinda looked like the o line was giving up after they were down so much. and as far as the refs go well you are right it looked like DeKalb got the better end of the calls including that punt i was thinking the same thing when i saw that happen, but none of that matters "they dont ask how you won, they ask if you won".. so once again congrats to Maplewood good luck against white creek. Yall should be well prepared from here on out since yall have been up against some of the best running teams and now have been up against one of the best passing teams.