4.) Greenbrier Bobcats (3-5)

5.) Sycamore War Eagles (3-5)

6.) Goodpasture Cougars (1-6)

2/8/10: Macon County @ Sycamore

2/9/10: Goodpasture @ Macon County; Greenbrier @ Westmoreland

2/12/10: Goodpasture @ Sycamore; White House @ Macon County

2/13/10: White House @ Greenbrier

2/16/10: Westmoreland @ Goodpasture

The District 9-AA Tournament will be at Vol State this year and it should be exciting with these teams and the caliber players as guys like Poindexter, Perry, Bradshaw, & McElhiney on display :thumb:

Yes and no.. there was a punch but it was not a sucker punch. It was provoked.

If you're going to comment on this be ready to take some heat...either way.

In my opinion, the most guilty and incompetent parties weren't players. However, opinions are usually 'biased,' right Eaglette?

You are absolutely right, soccer mom! However, I would really like to hear your green tinted view of what happened.

Yes and no.. there was a punch but it was not a sucker punch. It was provoked.

If you're going to comment on this be ready to take some heat...either way.

In my opinion, the most guilty and incompetent parties weren't players. However, opinions are usually 'biased,' right Eaglette?

You are absolutely right, soccer mom! However, I would really like to hear your green tinted view of what happened.

Well, the word on the street (i mean dirt road, for us dumb hicks as Eaglepride would believe) :thumb: , was that it was a sucker punch (took a swing at a player while he was getting up off the floor). Greenbrier player suffered a broken nose. All this from my son, who wears the same kind of glasses I wear - :lol: . Dang - now I have "two" games to go watch!

Cheerboy (oh, that's a good one, if I DO say so myself...since that's what you do),

I like to talk trash as much as anybody, but you don't really want to hear my version of it...sho nuff...'cause I saw every bit of it. If, after a lot of thought, you really do wanna know, though, why don't you just drive yo 'better-than-us self' up to the game next Saturday and look me up. That way I can tell you to your face. I been wantin' to meet you anyway.

And don't forget to bring a soccer ball. Maybe I'll 'kick it' :unsure: for you. Holla.

• 2 weeks later...
Greenbrier's posts aren't too shabby. They've got 2 Sr's (Alex Porter & Joey Jenkins), a Jr. (Landry Bibee) and a Soph. (Jackson Greer) that, if they stay healthy, are only gonna get better as the season progresses. They're long and tough defensively, and if they'll work a little OT on their offensive games, again, watch out! Senior Seth Pemberton (Mr. Hustle) is the only true 3 or 4 on the team and he can shoot, rebound, drive and play D.

Guard loaded? That may be a good problem to have. Coach Mason couldn't have come in at a better time as this team, in my opinion, is just plain loaded...for a few years to come. Sophomore Sam Rhoten can shoot 3s like layups and Craig Bradshaw's (a super soph, y'all) dunks alone are worth the price of admission. He does it all, but if you don't guard him close, he can drain 3s all night, too. He's a phenom and you just have to pick your poison. 'The Show' (as I call him) may be coming to a gym near you and I highly recommend checkin' him out if you like to watch big-time talent. Connor Peach can drain 3's as he comes off the bench and could very well become a starter.

Cheerboy (oh, that's a good one, if I DO say so myself...since that's what you do),

I like to talk trash as much as anybody, but you don't really want to hear my version of it...sho nuff...'cause I saw every bit of it. If, after a lot of thought, you really do wanna know, though, why don't you just drive yo 'better-than-us self' up to the game next Saturday and look me up. That way I can tell you to your face. I been wantin' to meet you anyway.

And don't forget to bring a soccer ball. Maybe I'll 'kick it' :?: for you. Holla.

What's wrong with being a cheerleader? Unfortunately, I wont be able to make the game. I am gonna watch my team, Northeast! Plus, i am kinda scared of angry rednecks who meet high school kids via the internet and want to meet face to face. CREEPY!!!! I see DatelineNBC in your future, buddy. Should be a good matchup though. Maybe no one will get a broken nose in this one.