District 9AA. Rank em.

Eaglepride00

Come on! Greenbrier was never in this game. Cory, by himself, tore us a new one...and his 'supporting cast' didn't play too bad themselves. The final score is absolutely NO indication of how this game went. They were 20 pts. better than Greenbrier all night. Coach Darden 'played' with us. He didn't like our last coach, but he respects Coach Mason and that played a part in the score not being worse, I believe.

This Greenbrier team has unbelievable potential. Just didn't play up to it that night. But, it would be a big mistake to judge 'em by one or two bad games. Trust me, they'll get better and stay better...because of games like this.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone explain how White House only beat an awful Cheatham Co. team by 6?

For starters, the posted score for the game was incorrect as White House actually won by a score of 66-54 and led by 20 going into the 4th quarter. White House pulled their starters early in the 4th quarter and Cheatham got the deficit inside 10(hit like 5 or 6 "3"s in a row) and forced White House to reinsert their starters for the final couple of minutes. Is it possible Cheatham just played an awful game against Greenbrier or that they are improving? Could have had something to do with having 2 freshmen starting their 1st high school game at Greenbrier. Cheatham is not a very good team and hasn't been for the past 3 years, but again they are a very young and inexperienced group that is capable of playing much better than they did against Greenbrier. Greenbrier has a good squad and an excellent coach, but judging their results from the last week maybe they are not as good as some of you think or possibly they just didn't play very well. It is hard to judge a team based on a game or two early in the year. Sycamore against the Bobcats should be an excellent game. Sycamore will flat out get after you on the defensive end, and both teams are guard oriented which should make for an interesting matchup. 9AA is going to be very competitive this year and should provide fans with some exciting nights of high school basketball!

Greenbrier's posts aren't too shabby. They've got 2 Sr's (Alex Porter & Joey Jenkins), a Jr. (Landry Bibee) and a Soph. (Jackson Greer) that, if they stay healthy, are only gonna get better as the season progresses. They're long and tough defensively, and if they'll work a little OT on their offensive games, again, watch out! Senior Seth Pemberton (Mr. Hustle) is the only true 3 or 4 on the team and he can shoot, rebound, drive and play D.

Guard loaded? That may be a good problem to have. Coach Mason couldn't have come in at a better time as this team, in my opinion, is just plain loaded...for a few years to come. Sophomore Sam Rhoten can shoot 3s like layups and Craig Bradshaw's (a super soph, y'all) dunks alone are worth the price of admission. He does it all, but if you don't guard him close, he can drain 3s all night, too. He's a phenom and you just have to pick your poison. 'The Show' (as I call him) may be coming to a gym near you and I highly recommend checkin' him out if you like to watch big-time talent.

What happened to "THE SHOW" and "Mr Hustle" last week? A 15 pt loss to a decent Creekwood team and a 9pt loss to Springfield. What's the deal? The young guys still trying to learn how to win or what? I thought they were a contender?

Looks like the young guys learned how to win :thumb: and may be a contender.

Greenbrier's posts aren't too shabby. They've got 2 Sr's (Alex Porter & Joey Jenkins), a Jr. (Landry Bibee) and a Soph. (Jackson Greer) that, if they stay healthy, are only gonna get better as the season progresses. They're long and tough defensively, and if they'll work a little OT on their offensive games, again, watch out! Senior Seth Pemberton (Mr. Hustle) is the only true 3 or 4 on the team and he can shoot, rebound, drive and play D.

Guard loaded? That may be a good problem to have. Coach Mason couldn't have come in at a better time as this team, in my opinion, is just plain loaded...for a few years to come. Sophomore Sam Rhoten can shoot 3s like layups and Craig Bradshaw's (a super soph, y'all) dunks alone are worth the price of admission. He does it all, but if you don't guard him close, he can drain 3s all night, too. He's a phenom and you just have to pick your poison. 'The Show' (as I call him) may be coming to a gym near you and I highly recommend checkin' him out if you like to watch big-time talent.

What happened to "THE SHOW" and "Mr Hustle" last week? A 15 pt loss to a decent Creekwood team and a 9pt loss to Springfield. What's the deal? The young guys still trying to learn how to win or what? I thought they were a contender?

If Creekwood is only a decent team then that doesnt say much for

your Sycamore team. The lowly CW bunch beat Greenbrier by 15 and

Sycamore lost by 8 to the very same Greenbrier team.Greenbrier is

really good. Looks like Sycamore may be less than decent. Give other

teams some credit.Im from district 11a and Cw is way better than decent,

may even be considered good... even by Cheatham county standards.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to move this thread back to the top because there are some very good basketball teams in this district and by playing one another on a night in night out basis it will better prepare these teams once regionals and sectionals arrive and I fully expect to see a team from this district playing in the state tournament in March.

District 9-AA Standings

White House: 11-4 (3-0)

Westmoreland: 12-3 (4-2)

Greenbrier: 9-9 (2-2)

Sycamore: 12-7 (1-2)

Macon County: 9-8 (1-2)

Goodpasture: 6-6 (1-3)

I believe that White House has proven themselves to be the best team in the district to this point. They have a great player in Poindexter and will be considered the "team to beat" going into the district tourney. Westmoreland & Sycamore are the next 2 teams in line in my opinion. Sycamore beat Westmoreland at home but Westmoreland was able to beat Greenbrier (who knocked off Sycamore earlier in the year). Greenbrier is a team with a great player also in Bradshaw. He is going to be the most remembered player across this district for the next 4 years. Rounding out the district are both Macon County & Goodpasture. While they seem to be teams that are in the cellar of a district they are both also teams that are more than capable of beating the upper ranked teams. For Goodpasture I know that McElhiney is a terrific player.

Sycamore travels to Macon County tonight for a game that will be crucial to both teams keeping their hopes for a district title alive :flower: