Division II A Predictions

wizard

DCA upset FRA Friday night (2/19) in the Region tournament 38-32. It was a very hard-fought defensive game. DCA took the lead in the second half and never gave FRA the chance to set up their 4th quarter 'ball stall' offense designed to get Derika Wyatt to the free throw line to sink 10 straight free throws.

Best matchup between these two teams all season because they played 4 full quarters of basketball!

(BTW. When will they put a shot clock into HS basketball?)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knoxville Webb sends Davidson packing. Probably the eventual state title winner. :lol:

I don't think so. Attended all the D-II girls middle/east games and all the teams played well. Any one of those teams can beat each other on any given night. It will be interesting to see how many advance to the state tournament. It wouldn't suprise me to see at least 3 maybe all 4 from middle TN. Davidson as the #4 is going to have the toughest road, but they only lost 3 games on the season and 2 were in the tournament to Knox Webb and FRA. They are going to be a tough match-up for any of the West TN teams with their inside/outside play and rebounding. Lausanne is always "the team to beat" but they lost last year in the finals to Bishop Byrne even with Avant.

Knox Webb is the best defensive team and gives teams a tough time making baskets. However, Davidson started out slowly falling behind early (down 8 in the first qtr.) and ended up only losing by 4 points. If Davidson doesn't get out to such a slow start, I have a feeling they win that game.

It's going to be interesting to watch...that's for sure.....

DCA upset FRA Friday night (2/19) in the Region tournament 38-32. It was a very hard-fought defensive game. DCA took the lead in the second half and never gave FRA the chance to set up their 4th quarter 'ball stall' offense designed to get Derika Wyatt to the free throw line to sink 10 straight free throws.

Best matchup between these two teams all season because they played 4 full quarters of basketball!

(BTW. When will they put a shot clock into HS basketball?)

This game was surreal. On paper, FRA just looks better than DCA - But DCA had a good defensive plan and executed it. FRA looked really tight in that game.... What a surprise to see FRA and Davidson as the 3 and 4 seeds in substate. WOW!

Agree 100% on the shot clock.

Knoxville Webb sends Davidson packing. Probably the eventual state title winner. :lol:

I don't think so. Attended all the D-II girls middle/east games and all the teams played well. Any one of those teams can beat each other on any given night. It will be interesting to see how many advance to the state tournament. It wouldn't suprise me to see at least 3 maybe all 4 from middle TN. Davidson as the #4 is going to have the toughest road, but they only lost 3 games on the season and 2 were in the tournament to Knox Webb and FRA. They are going to be a tough match-up for any of the West TN teams with their inside/outside play and rebounding. Lausanne is always "the team to beat" but they lost last year in the finals to Bishop Byrne even with Avant.

Knox Webb is the best defensive team and gives teams a tough time making baskets. However, Davidson started out slowly falling behind early (down 8 in the first qtr.) and ended up only losing by 4 points. If Davidson doesn't get out to such a slow start, I have a feeling they win that game.

It's going to be interesting to watch...that's for sure.....

Knoxville Webb sends Davidson packing. As my earlier post stated, Knox Webb probably the title winner. Lausanne is not the team to beat without Avant who did not play in the most recent tournament game. If that continues, they are in trouble. :lol:

Harding beats Lausanne by 6 points I think tonight for the West Championship. Another blow to Lausanne is that their post girl went down with knee injury in 2nd quarter. Heard that it was MCL and would find out later about ACL - hoping that report is wrong and she can come back Friday. Definitely a blow to Lausanne tonight without her or Avant.

USJ beat Fayette Academy in consolation 48-30 after Fayette had won the 2 meetings in regular season.

Harding beats Lausanne by 6 points I think tonight for the West Championship. Another blow to Lausanne is that their post girl went down with knee injury in 2nd quarter. Heard that it was MCL and would find out later about ACL - hoping that report is wrong and she can come back Friday. Definitely a blow to Lausanne tonight without her or Avant.

USJ beat Fayette Academy in consolation 48-30 after Fayette had won the 2 meetings in regular season.

FRA at Lausanne

Davidson Academy at Harding

Should be great games. Too bad they don't even list the games on the scoreboard. These girls deserve better than that. Thanks for the update on the games in the West.

FRA at Lausanne

Should be great games. Too bad they don't even list the games on the scoreboard. These girls deserve better than that. Thanks for the update on the games in the West.

Other two substate games are:

Fayette Academy @ Knoxville Webb

USJ @ Donelson Christian Academy

FRA at Lausanne

Other two substate games are:

Fayette Academy @ Knoxville Webb

USJ @ Donelson Christian Academy

Knoxville Webb ends Fayette Academy season, Harding Aca sends Davidson home to dwell on the construction of their new school. Hard to give an opinion on the FRA-Lausanne game due to injuries and the extent of them. USJ at DCA will be close, but I think the win will go to USJ. :thumb:

I say FRA wins big. Davidson Academy upsets Harding (if you want to call it a upset). DCA in a close one. Don't really care about what Knox Webb does. They should be in AA where they belong. :popcorneater:

Knoxville Webb has less than 700 students in high school grades, probably less than 550, so what do you mean they should be in AA. And you should worry about them alot. :blush:

Just got back from the FRA-Lausanne game. FRA wins it 53-37. Derica Wyatt scores 20 and FRA out rebounds Lausanne nearly 2 to 1. It is unfortunate that Lausanne was down two excellent starters. Lausanne led at half 23-18. But the second have belonged to FRA outscoring Lausanne 35-14. It was the first loss at home in over 4 years for the Lausanne girls.

Knox Webb ends Fayette Academy's season 48-40, Harding beats Davidson and DCA beats USJ. Three teams out of the Middle/East enter the semi finals on Thursday. I am sure the pairings will be done in short order....