Brunetti, Darkwa, or Huesman for Mr. Football?

bigvalvenus

I posed the following question last year and got no answer - WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA FOR PICKING THE WINNER(S)? The best player is not always the most valuable player or the most complete player or the player with the best stats. I would like to know what the judges are instructed to consider and how much weight is given to what aspects of the player's game. Also, is it based on just regular season games? People have come to expect that players for championship teams have an edge. Historically in all sports this tends to be true. Moreover, when do they vote? If it's after the playoffs have started, how can a judge ignore the results, even if instructed to do so? If Baylor upsets MUS this week, does Huesman move ahead of Brunetti? What if Ensworth gets upset before the finals?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chris"friday night lights" agnew from father ryan is a beast 130 tackles his stats make lassing look like a little school girl and he hurt huesman in the game against ryan and darkwa and ensworth couldnt handle agnew and his 21 tackles and soon brunnetti and mus will find out why the irish call him the 5'2 wrecking crew

me being a fan of the irish makes me wonder how cgris agnew of father ryan isnt on the lis he the leading tackler in d2 and he is upo for all state he has 130 tackles he is a better linebacker then lassing in my opinon and he is only half of lassings size this kid is the real deal too bad hi is so short

We have been over this a million times. Just because he leads DII in tackles doesn't mean he is worthy of Mr. Football. It should be, and will be, given to someone who will make an impact at the next level. Imagine how it would look if a 5'4" kid got the highest award in tennessee compared to a WVU commit, and two phenomenal running backs.

me being a fan of the irish makes me wonder how cgris agnew of father ryan isnt on the lis he the leading tackler in d2 and he is upo for all state he has 130 tackles he is a better linebacker then lassing in my opinon and he is only half of lassings size this kid is the real deal too bad hi is so short

We have been over this a million times. Just because he leads DII in tackles doesn't mean he is worthy of Mr. Football. It should be, and will be, given to someone who will make an impact at the next level. Imagine how it would look if a 5'4" kid got the highest award in tennessee compared to a WVU commit, and two phenomenal running backs.

point taken but this kid is a football player and after friday you will realize what i am talking about this kid has more heart and hustle then any one i have every seen and he has talent to and the award is for the best player in d2 and this kid is defenatly one of them every one wants to hate on him cuz he is little but in reality most are just jealous cuz they cant do what he does when there double his size and brunetti and the owls will find out soon enough

To bad they don't have a category for "football player" cause it would be Lassing hands down

I REALLY hope ur not trying to say he is the best out of all of them, cause if so...thats not true.

Lassing leads MBA in rushing.

Lassing is MBA's tackles leader.

He is also the punter, and MBA is number one in the division in net punting.

If there is an all-round "football player" - offense, defense, special teams - that has similar stats for his team, I'd like to see his name.

National Merit Semi-Finalist, too. I'd say we would all be hard-pressed to name one school that wouldn't love to have a Fitz Lassing in its student body.

Im still really not convinced that he is nearly as good as Darkwa or Brunetti