Brunetti, Darkwa, or Huesman for Mr. Football?

bigvalvenus

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would say Brunetti, but he shares yards and td's with Keith McBride. As for Huesman, I haven't seen him play. Seeing Darkwa play a few times, I have to go with him as my choice. But having it go to Brunetti or Huesman would be good choices as well. Can't go wrong with this years Mr. Football, but from what I have seen, Darkwa carries his team and changes the pace of every game he plays.

To bad they don't have a category for "football player" cause it would be Lassing hands down

I REALLY hope ur not trying to say he is the best out of all of them, cause if so...thats not true.

Lassing leads MBA in rushing.

Lassing is MBA's tackles leader.

He is also the punter, and MBA is number one in the division in net punting.

If there is an all-round "football player" - offense, defense, special teams - that has similar stats for his team, I'd like to see his name.

National Merit Semi-Finalist, too. I'd say we would all be hard-pressed to name one school that wouldn't love to have a Fitz Lassing in its student body.

To bad they don't have a category for "football player" cause it would be Lassing hands down

I REALLY hope ur not trying to say he is the best out of all of them, cause if so...thats not true.

I would say he is borderline the same talent as Brunetti and Darkwa. He is just a compeletly different style player. He leads the defense in tackles, leads the offense in yards, and has a high average for punts. This kid literally does everything. Darkwa and Brunetti only play on one side of the ball and only play 20 minutes in a game. Lassing plays all 48.

I think Orleans will get it :hungry: but I think Brunetti has more talent but just doesn't have the eye popping stats Darkwa has. Don't get me wrong 19 TD's and 0 INT's is impressive but Darkwa has moved into the top 10 all time rushing leaders in the state and was 7th in the nation in Rush Yards before he got hurt and the bye week. I think he is still in the top 5 for avg yards per game.

I would've also liked to have seen Lassing as a finalist.

Huesman only plays one side of the ball also. He has not had the pub that the other two have had....this is his first year of D2 football in Tennessee so not the exposure of the others. He is also the only junior up for the award. Great kid, student and athlete. Awesome that in such a short time to D2 football that he is building a reputation as an outstanding player.

Huesman only plays one side of the ball also. He has not had the pub that the other two have had....this is his first year of D2 football in Tennessee so not the exposure of the others. He is also the only junior up for the award. Great kid, student and athlete. Awesome that in such a short time to D2 football that he is building a reputation as an outstanding player.

I agree with you on Huesman. I was at the BGA/Baylor game and was totally impressed with his play. Great recognition to a first year D2 player. Good luck to Baylor against MUS...I think MUS wins but Baylor will keep it close.