District 13AA, season thread

GCPioneer

I know we had a thread going for 13AA in the offseason and I decided to make a new 13AA thread for the regular season now that playdays have been played and jamboree's start this Saturday.

Westview, Dyersburg, Crockett Co., Covington and Obion Co. played this past Saturday at UTM in the Westview playday. GC traveled to middle Tennessee to play in a little playday there against Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, and Franklin Road Academy. Dyer Co. played in Clarksville in a playday there hosted by Clarksville NE, I believe.

As for jamborees, Obion Co. is hosting one this coming Saturday night. I know GC is playing in it as well as OC. I haven't seen a schedule on who else is playing in the jambo, but I do know GC is playing JCM. If anyone has a schedule of that jambo could you please post it. If any other 13AA teams are playing in a jamboree this week, please post it on here as well.

Thoughts and comments are appreciated!

Good Luck to all 13AA teams!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GC and everyone else on the 13AA thread- here's some info on the jamboree at OC this weekend.

Obion Central is hosting a basketball jamboree Nov. 14.

Proceeds from the event, which will feature six two-quarter contests, are to benefit the school’s Booster Club. Admission is $3 and no season passes will be accepted.

Action begins at 5 p.m. with the Gibson County girls set to tip off with Jackson Central-Merry. The boys’ from the two aforementioned schools will play at 5:45.

At 6:30, Dyer County faces a split-squad of the Obion Central girls, while the Choctaws boys take on Henry County at 7:15.

The last two matchups of the jamboree will be intra-Obion County battles with the second OC girls’ split squad going against South Fulton at 8. The SF and Central boys take to the court at 8:45.

Hey GC and everyone else on the 13AA thread- here's some info on the jamboree at OC this weekend.

Obion Central is hosting a basketball jamboree Nov. 14.

Proceeds from the event, which will feature six two-quarter contests, are to benefit the school’s Booster Club. Admission is $3 and no season passes will be accepted.

Action begins at 5 p.m. with the Gibson County girls set to tip off with Jackson Central-Merry. The boys’ from the two aforementioned schools will play at 5:45.

At 6:30, Dyer County faces a split-squad of the Obion Central girls, while the Choctaws boys take on Henry County at 7:15.

The last two matchups of the jamboree will be intra-Obion County battles with the second OC girls’ split squad going against South Fulton at 8. The SF and Central boys take to the court at 8:45.

Appreciate it! Should give a good look at what each team brings to the tables once again. OC girls impressed me quite a bit Saturday, even playing without Fussell. Should make for some interesting matchups this year in 13AA!

I got a first hand look at Gibson County when we went over and scrimmaged them Tuesday. I will be shocked if they lose a game this year, they are loaded. Three Division 1 players and alot of other contributors. Westview has the only chance at a win against them. Most nights Gibson County will win by 20-40 points.

We scrimmaged Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, and Franklin Road Academy this past Saturday and played without Heather Butler. She was running in the state cross country meet and finished 4th in the state in the individual run. As for those 3 scrimmages and without Butler, GC won one, lost one, and tied one. That's fairly good considering they started Griffin and Reedy and most likely 2 Sophomores and a Freshman, if I'm guessing right on who the starters were. BA and Ensworth are normally the cream of the crop in Division II. Ensworth is a fairly new school, but of course they recruit and bring in top notch players from around Nashville.

I got a first hand look at Gibson County when we went over and scrimmaged them Tuesday. I will be shocked if they lose a game this year, they are loaded. Three Division 1 players and alot of other contributors. Westview has the only chance at a win against them. Most nights Gibson County will win by 20-40 points.

We scrimmaged Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, and Franklin Road Academy this past Saturday and played without Heather Butler. She was running in the state cross country meet and finished 4th in the state in the individual run. As for those 3 scrimmages and without Butler, GC won one, lost one, and tied one. That's fairly good considering they started Griffin and Reedy and most likely 2 Sophomores and a Freshman, if I'm guessing right on who the starters were. BA and Ensworth are normally the cream of the crop in Division II. Ensworth is a fairly new school, but of course they recruit and bring in top notch players from around Nashville.

Hey GC, guess what Heather Butler was there with the team; they scrimmaged the night before against Creekwood for about 2 1/2 hrs & beat them pretty bad and then she did play the first game against Ensworth (very good team) and beat them by around 2 pts but then she went & ran in the state cross country meet and missed the other 2 games. Should be a fun season!

Hey GC, guess what Heather Butler was there with the team; they scrimmaged the night before against Creekwood for about 2 1/2 hrs & beat them pretty bad and then she did play the first game against Ensworth (very good team) and beat them by around 2 pts but then she went & ran in the state cross country meet and missed the other 2 games. Should be a fun season!

I obviously misunderstood then. I wasn't meaning anything negative toward Butler in that post. I was just told that she didn't play Saturday because of the cross country meet. Considering she played a basketball game and then went and ran in the state cross country meet is pretty impressive. Congrats to her and hopefully she'll have her a great senior year in basketball! See ya around!

We scrimmaged Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, and Franklin Road Academy this past Saturday and played without Heather Butler. She was running in the state cross country meet and finished 4th in the state in the individual run. As for those 3 scrimmages, GC won one, lost one, and tied one. BA and Ensworth are normally the cream of the crop in Division II. Ensworth is a fairly new school, but of course they recruit and bring in top notch players from around Nashville.

I obviously misunderstood then. I wasn't meaning anything negative toward Butler in that post. I was just told that she didn't play Saturday because of the cross country meet. Considering she played a basketball game and then went and ran in the state cross country meet is pretty impressive. Congrats to her and hopefully she'll have her a great senior year in basketball! See ya around!

No problem, I didn't think you were being negative lol. You have always had nothing but good things to say about Heather & she & I really appreciate it! I don't know how she ran and placed 4th either I was pretty concerned because the Ensworth game was pretty physical and she played pretty hard but I guess that is how determined she is when she takes part in something she gives it her all. I was wrong about beating Ensworth by 2 it was more guess I didn't pay much attention to the score just how the girls were playing. Yes, you definately will see me around! Take care.