District 13AA, season thread

GCPioneer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe we're just as good as last year and I'm trying not to be biased by saying that. If you look at last years starting lineup, our big 3 (Griffin, Reedy, Butler) all averaged double digit points while Jennings and Garner were more defensive purposes and averaged around 4-5 PPG. This year, GC has 4 girls that can score and 1 girl being in for defensive purposes only in the starting lineup.

GC plays Henry Co. tomorrow night at Gibson Co. This should be another game that GC will control from start to finish.

GC defeates Henry Co. tonight 80-52. GC scored 50 points in the first half and never looked back. Heather Griffin was high scorer for GC as she dropped 32 points which might be a career high for her, not sure. Heather Butler dropped in 19 and Aubrey Reedy had 9, I believe. Henry Co. handled the GC press alot better than what I thought and good job to them on that! GC will travel to Huntingdon on Tuesday night to take on the Mustangs. I honestly don't know why we play Huntingdon this year but we do. Congrasts to GC and keep this up!!!!

GC defeates Henry Co. tonight 80-52. GC scored 50 points in the first half and never looked back. Heather Griffin was high scorer for GC as she dropped 32 points which might be a career high for her, not sure. Heather Butler dropped in 19 and Aubrey Reedy had 9, I believe. Henry Co. handled the GC press alot better than what I thought and good job to them on that! GC will travel to Huntingdon on Tuesday night to take on the Mustangs. I honestly don't know why we play Huntingdon this year but we do. Congrasts to GC and keep this up!!!!

GCP that puts Griffin over the 1000 point mark for her career. Congrats to her on that acomplishment.

GCP that puts Griffin over the 1000 point mark for her career. Congrats to her on that acomplishment.

another congratulations to Heather Griffin

Gibson County will be fun to watch again this year. I am anxious to see when 13AA games start. Right now they they haven't played anyone that has tested them yet. Let's hope they can all stay healthy. Hey, even the boy's team is playing better this year! Could make it worth while for all the fans to stick around and support the Pioneer's, instead of leaving after the girls game. Good luck to both! :popcorneater:

Gibson County will be fun to watch again this year. I am anxious to see when 13AA games start. Right now they they haven't played anyone that has tested them yet. Let's hope they can all stay healthy. Hey, even the boy's team is playing better this year! Could make it worth while for all the fans to stick around and support the Pioneer's, instead of leaving after the girls game. Good luck to both! :|

Check out the boys thread where I made a topic about Gibson Co. basketball. I honestly think we can contend this year for district championship if we play like that every night.

This is what the schedule looks like for each 13AA team this week:

Gibson Co. - Nov. 23 @ Humboldt, Nov. 24 @ Peabody

Westview - Nov. 23 @ Dresden, Nov. 27 Bolton, Nov. 28 Liberty

Dyersburg - Nov. 23 @ Jackson SS, Nov. 27 Peabody @ Westview, Nov. 28 Greenfield @ Westview

Obion Co. - Nov. 23 Peabody, Nov. 24 @ South Fulton

Milan - Nov. 24 West Carroll

Covington - Nov. 27 Shelbyville @ Bradley Central

Ripley - Nov. 23 Munford

Haywood - didn't enter in full schedule

My comment on a previous post about us playing Huntingdon is false. We don't play Huntingdon. Obviously an error on the website I got the schedule from. GC plays @ Humboldt tomorrow night.

Did Liberty beat Obion?

Yeah, 57-55 in Jackson....

The Lady Rebels won at Big Sandy Friday night.....Won at Wayne County Saturday afternoon (2 PM) then got on the bus for about a two hour ride and played Liberty at 6 PM....

Fussell didn't play in the Big Sandy game then scored 20+ in the Saturday games....

OC had a freshman put up a double-double Friday night and two other freshman had 9 points apiece...

Gibson Co. defeated Humboldt tonight by the score of 94-54. The game was close through the first quarter and GC built about a 20 points lead by the half. GC scored 83 points by the end of the 3rd period. Aubrey Reedy got her 4th foul with about 4 minutes left in the second quarter and didn't play the rest of the game. Butler finished in the 30 point range once again and Griffin had a great game as well. The Freshman and Sophomores got quite a bit of playing time tonight. GC travels to Peabody tomorrow night.

I was told that Westview beat Dresden tonight by 35. Congrats to them!

Gibson Co. defeated Humboldt tonight by the score of 94-54. The game was close through the first quarter and GC built about a 20 points lead by the half. GC scored 83 points by the end of the 3rd period. Aubrey Reedy got her 4th foul with about 4 minutes left in the second quarter and didn't play the rest of the game. Butler finished in the 30 point range once again and Griffin had a great game as well. The Freshman and Sophomores got quite a bit of playing time tonight. GC travels to Peabody tomorrow night.

I was told that Westview beat Dresden tonight by 35. Congrats to them!

Congrats to lady pioneers on another impressive win and that being a place where most of the lady pioneer teams of the past have not played well