District 13AA, season thread

GCPioneer

Believe it or not, GC actually struggled in the first period. The score at the end of the first quarter was 24-19 and luckily GC got rolling in the second quarter with some 3's by Haynes as well as Butler penetrating the lane and Griffin racking up the boards. That press, like always, wore Humboldt down in the second quarter. Humboldt's coach through in the white towel early in the 3rd quarter and put in all of his subs for the rest of the game. This exact game at Humboldt last year was only like a 6 point game at the half with GC pulling away in the second half.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game tonight with Gibson County vs. Peabody is now a HOME game for GC. The original schedule showed it as an AWAY game, but it has been changed. I heard that rumor this morning and called the school and they say it is a HOME game. The revised schedule on the school website now shows it to be a HOME game as well. I would have been a little upset had I driven to Peabody and no game. :roflolk: Go Pioneers!

The game tonight with Gibson County vs. Peabody is now a HOME game for GC. The original schedule showed it as an AWAY game, but it has been changed. I heard that rumor this morning and called the school and they say it is a HOME game. The revised schedule on the school website now shows it to be a HOME game as well. I would have been a little upset had I driven to Peabody and no game. :thumb: Go Pioneers!

Congrats on another win tonight for the Lady Pioneers. They defeated Trenton tonight by the score of 79-34. Butler was high scorer with 23 followed by FRESHMAN Jasminne Whittemore with 12. GC moves to 4-0 on the season and also makes 39 consecutive wins. GC girls will be playing in the Westview Thanksgiving tournament according to my "updated" schedule I got tonight, lol. Congrats to GC and keep it going!

Can anyone verify about us playing in the Thanksgiving tournament and who we will be playing as well as the time. Thanks!

Congrats on another win tonight for the Lady Pioneers. They defeated Trenton tonight by the score of 79-34. Butler was high scorer with 23 followed by FRESHMAN Jasminne Whittemore with 12. GC moves to 4-0 on the season and also makes 39 consecutive wins. GC girls will be playing in the Westview Thanksgiving tournament according to my "updated" schedule I got tonight, lol. Congrats to GC and keep it going!

Can anyone verify about us playing in the Thanksgiving tournament and who we will be playing as well as the time. Thanks!

Hey GC, we play on Friday at 4:00 against Liberty and on Saturday at 4:00 against Bolton. Should be some good games. Quick correction on next highest scorer after Butler I think was Aubrey who I think had 16 points.

Hey GC, we play on Friday at 4:00 against Liberty and on Saturday at 4:00 against Bolton. Should be some good games. Quick correction on next highest scorer after Butler I think was Aubrey who I think had 16 points.

Ok thanks. Not sure about the Friday game just yet, but will definately be there Saturday. That Liberty game should be a decent game. They have 2 very solid post players. The one post is receiving big time interest from some big schools. The question is, is their guard play good enough to handle our press. And sorry about the mistake on Reedy being next high scorer. She definately had a great game tonight and made some very tough shots under the basket.

Gibson Co. defeated Bolton tonight by the score of 85-41. This game was complete domination by GC. Bolton was extremely athletic, but didn't have the inside presence to stop Griffin and Reedy and wasn't able to keep Butler from scoring. It still beats me how Bolton beat Westview. I wasn't able to go to last nights game, but Westview is alot better than Bolton.

Westview defeated Liberty tonight 65-51. The game was close through 3 quarters. Liberty's inside game gave Westview a few problems, but Westview overcame the heigth difference and pulled it out. Good job Westview! I can't wait for the first Westview/GC showdown this coming Friday in Dyer!!!!

based on what i watched friday and saturday............gibson is 10 points better at least. westview kids havent gotten any better over the summer, while gibson kids have improved. early line for first game is gibson by 15......... :bored:

Something I've realized that Westview is really missing this year is Kaitlin Campbell. She always liked to bang around in the post and was the most agressive player on last years Westview team. She was also the tallest as well.