most wins in TN HS football history...

SweetScience

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the top 5 winningest programs in tennessee history? i know dobyns bennett is number 1 and im pretty sure Oak ridge is in the top 5.... who else is in there? i have googled this and cant find anything on it... thanks for the help guys...

http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tennesseefaf.htm

Not all that accurate for his question.

He asked for the top 5 winningest programs in the state. The link provides the top 15 based on information I have at my fingertips (did you even bother to page down?). Show me something better.

• 5 months later...
Who are the top 5 winningest programs in tennessee history? i know dobyns bennett is number 1 and im pretty sure Oak ridge is in the top 5.... who else is in there? i have googled this and cant find anything on it... thanks for the help guys...

You have one of the best HS football websites that I have ever seen! I know that it took alot of time and effort to put that together. Great Job!!!!!!

You have one of the best HS football websites that I have ever seen! I know that it took alot of time and effort to put that together. Great Job!!!!!!

Thanks for the words. The site has been a 5+ year, proverbial "labor of love", which I still find the motivation to work on most days of the week, even after a regular job and family obligations during the day/night.

The site will always be a work-in-progress - there is so much data out there, even for a state of moderate size like Tennessee - but the updates have been greater this year, with about 30,000 new game results added. I hope to have all playoff era (1969-present) results for all Tennessee schools - including about 40-50 schools I need to add who played in the 70s are early 80s but have since been closed or consolidated into other schools - by kickoff 2010. It may be a stretch, but Middle Tennessee schools should be there by then, and many of the Metro Nashville schools' histories are well on their way back to 1969. I also hope to have all of the playoff era all-state teams on the site as well (always interesting to see how difficult it was to make all-state 20+ years ago in a 3-class system with usually one slot per position, versus today with multiple slots per position over twice as many classes and classes half the size of the old ones).

Thanks again for the comments. I know the site isn't flashy, but if it helps people find older scores and info that isn't readily accessible on the internet, then that purpose is good enough for me.

Also, on the subject itself, it would be great if some fans of some of the older schools could dig up results for their programs. Someone just sent in Trousdale County a few weeks ago, which put them in the Top 15 in wins. My guess is a few of the older privates (BGA & Father Ryan, in particular) have win totals that would put them quite high up the list as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not all that accurate for his question.

He asked for the top 5 winningest programs in the state. The link provides the top 15 based on information I have at my fingertips (did you even bother to page down?). Show me something better.

Ouch. :roflol: Great website. Use it all the time. I'm a number junkie anyway. Would you be interested in season scores for TC prior to 1969 if you do not already have them?

Would you be interested in season scores for TC prior to 1969 if you do not already have them?

Thanks for the offer (and the feedback). One of the TCHS fans on here sent them to me about a month ago, and they can be found here by using the drop-down menu: http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_trousco2000.htm. If you know of any of the seasons where there are gaps/no scores, that would be great info to have.

I am glad you use the site and hope you check back often. I am adding a few dozen to a few hundred scores per day, starting in Middle Tennessee and then moving East or West here and there. And I hope fans of any school will consider submitting scores they may have that are missing. There are a few schools even in the Top 15 (including #1) that don't have deep score histories to be found anywhere online from what I can tell.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Places where one can find scores is the Nashville Public library where they have just about every single newspaper across the state on Micro-Fiche. It is a lot of work but if you are passionate enough about your team and want to find the information then it is certainly out there to be had. I wish there was a way that I had a micro-fiche machine and all of the copies of the old newspapers statewide because I would love to make a summer project out of this.

Would you be interested in season scores for TC prior to 1969 if you do not already have them?

Thanks for the offer (and the feedback). One of the TCHS fans on here sent them to me about a month ago, and they can be found here by using the drop-down menu: http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_trousco2000.htm. If you know of any of the seasons where there are gaps/no scores, that would be great info to have.

I am glad you use the site and hope you check back often. I am adding a few dozen to a few hundred scores per day, starting in Middle Tennessee and then moving East or West here and there. And I hope fans of any school will consider submitting scores they may have that are missing. There are a few schools even in the Top 15 (including #1) that don't have deep score histories to be found anywhere online from what I can tell.

Thanks again for the feedback.

rollredroll, I sent you an email earlier.

If you could contact ArtVandalay here on CoachT he may have some of the DB scores. I know DB has their scores available because the announcer will occasionally read off past victories over a team they're currently beating on the field. :roflol:

rollredroll, I sent you an email earlier.

If you could contact ArtVandalay here on CoachT he may have some of the DB scores. I know DB has their scores available because the announcer will occasionally read off past victories over a team they're currently beating on the field. :roflol:

Got it; thanks...I appreciate your help.