#6 Gallatin (9-3) @ #2 Beech (10-2) - 3rd Round

Gtowner

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where exactly is beech high school at in hendersonville???? This Patriot fan wouldn't mind coming to support the GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GALLATIN ROLLS ON!!!!!!!!

We're not in Hendersonville. "THE HILL" is located in Shackle Island, on Long Hollow Pk.

And I believe I am correct in saying that Beech is the only school in the district that only has one feeder middle school. 

Does MT. Juliet have 2 feeder schools. Beech now has two with the new Knox Doss @ Drakes Creek School. Portland only had one until this year. White House only has one, but they aren't in this classification. I have a player coming up through the middle school ranks right now and I know that the coach at Beech's feeder program, T.W. Hunter, is kind of different. I hear he doesn't give the high school any support and is kind of a renegade. He is a winner though.

I think the difference in the game will be the field. That Beech field is the worst in the midstate. Which ever team handles the sloppy field will be the winner.

I was not aware that any kids from KD@DC would go to Beech under current zoning. I thought they all went to SC. That is good to know. I was assuming that MJ had more than one feeder since it has an enrollment of 1800+.

To call the coach at TWH "different" is a good way to put it. I've been told there is very little if any contact between him and the high school coaches. In the past, they have not run any of the same sets as the high school, so the Beech coaches are having to teach a whole new system to all incoming freshmen. TWH's coach only plays his starters regardless of the score of the game. If he is winning by 40 he may play his subs the last series of the game. If the other team happens to cut it to 35, he will put his starters back in. So, he never develops a lot of good players in quantity even though they win a lot of games. There are several kids who are significant contributors at Beech who rarely got to play at TWH.

My inside source at MJ loaned me the Gallatin/HC film. Man, has Gallatin improved. Beech played pretty well both times I watched them, especially against MJ, but if Gallatin can come close to a repeat performance, they will run Beech off the field. That single film has caused me to switch courses drastically, I see Gallatin having this one wrapped up before the third quarter expires. They cannot be playing the underdog role after manhandling a superb HC team less than a week ago.

Gallatin 35

Beech 17

When you can go into a 2nd roud playoff game and whip somebody like Gallatin did Henry County it tells you one of two things. Either Henry County was feeling fat and sassy or Gallatin is a force. I tend to believe it is the latter.

G-Wave - 27

Bucs - 17

The GW kicker was leaving Pats with long field position every time he kicked the ball. HC rarely started beyond 20 yard line. Total yards for game was almost even. Turnovers 2/2 2/1. Penalties even. Kicking game for GW was huge but the GW pass defense was the best I have seen against a Pats team in quite a time. Does Bucs mainly throw the ball or run?