Father Ryan vs MUS

bigred22

Hadouken - the two punts that weren't caught were not "forced turnovers." The interception was a good play on an accurately thrown "bomb" where the DB outmuscled the receiver for possession of the ball. Don't take my word about the "pass interference" "gifts" from the officials (who otherwise called a good game). Watch the video and see for yourself. It's available on the MUS website. One was called on contact AFTER the well overthrown uncatchable ball was actually past the receiver. That's when some MUS players lost their cool, yelled at the refs, and got 15 more yards tacked on.

To answer your snotty question - no, that was not the MUS you have been reading about the last two seasons. Nobody doubts that FR played some part in that. Go to their websites and read the articles in the Nashville Tennessean and the Memphis Commercial Appeal for some perspective. Then wipe the snot off your face.

Your words belie your juvenile status when you take demeaning "pot shots" at the victor. FR played a great near perfect game. Caught MUS at the "right time." Even had some help from the refs. It still wasn't enough. You kept it close but were never ahead. Get over it. We and every adult who follows D2 respect you. Nobody underestimated you. Stop playing the Rodney Dangerfield card. MBA may beat us, especially if Brunetti and McBride don't get well. Don't bet on it. And saying that is not being disrespectful; MBA posters are smart enough to know that. If Lassing, their best player, were unable to play or less than 100%, their expectations similarly would be lowered.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your words belie your juvenile status when you take demeaning "pot shots" at the victor. FR played a great near perfect game. Caught MUS at the "right time." Even had some help from the refs. It still wasn't enough. You kept it close but were never ahead. Get over it. We and every adult who follows D2 respect you. Nobody underestimated you. Stop playing the Rodney Dangerfield card. MBA may beat us, especially if Brunetti and McBride don't get well. Don't bet on it. And saying that is not being disrespectful; MBA posters are smart enough to know that. If Lassing, their best player, were unable to play or less than 100%, their expectations similarly would be lowered.

Owl, can you provide a little more info about what's bothering Brunetti and McBride? I would imagine that having 12 days to rest and recover would mean that they will be ready to go on December 3.

Owl, can you provide a little more info about what's bothering Brunetti and McBride? I would imagine that having 12 days to rest and recover would mean that they will be ready to go on December 3.

Also, owlbooster, could you please give me the link to the game? I would love to see it.

On October 2 near the end of the 1st quarter of the White Station game, MUS had the ball 2nd and goal when Brunetti fumbled the snap and fell awkwardly on it. He landed in a kneeling position then had about 750 lbs of linemen crash down on him. He suffered a groin strain, apparently bilateral. He has stressed it since then, but it is surprising it still is so problematic after 7 weeks. Coach Alston said he's "60%." Brunetti did not run the ball in the first half against FR, which greatly diminished our offense and helped the FR defense. They knew if he didn't hand off the ball, he was going to pass it. Thus, his

"dual threat" was nonexistent. Once he started running the ball in the 2nd half, things changed. How many points MUS scored was dictated largely by their own mistakes. They were "held" to 400 yards total offense.

McBride missed the 1st 5 games with a shoulder injury suffered in the preseason. This seems to be OK. He played the 1st quarter last week against Baylor (ineffectively) with a mild ankle sprain, which may have been made worse by playing on it. Perhaps a coaching mistake. McBride was "50%" and not really needed, but wanted to play, of course. MUS scored all 38 points without him.

The video will be made available sometime soon (I thought it was 2:00 pm today but couldn't access it) on the musowls.org website. Navigation to the broadcast link is straightforward.

BTW, you can get a decent feel for the game by reading the articles in both the Nashville Tennessean and the Memphis Commercial Appeal on their websites.

Owlbooster,

Just curious... you mentioned a punt return that ended in a safety. By rule, all kicks that go into the end zone are touchbacks. Did the punt returner catch/field cleanly the ball in the field of play and retreat to his end zone? Did he fumble the ball after he gained possession? Even if he touched the ball in the field of play and it rolled into the end zone it is still a touchback no matter who gains possession.

Just curious... Good luck on your continued run!

MUS is over-rated, and should postmouthly be removed from any national ranking sysytem. Albeit they have a nice record, even stretching over the past 2 seasons, I feel like they haven't had the same amount of competition experienced all over Tennessee that they have in Memphis. Not to say Memphis is a bad place for football, but I definitely feel like Nashville has the stiffest competition, followed by Knoxville, then Memphis. They beat other nationally ranked teams, yes, but they definitely showed weakness Friday. Ranked teams, especially near the top 10, never show weakness.

IMAZEBRA - The returnerer (Baty) under no pressure had already fumbled away the first two punts. He caught the third on the right side of the field at the five (already a mistake) and started running left and backwards. Just past midfield he had a block that would have allowed him get out at least to the five, but he continued running laterally and and was just inside the goal line on the left side of the field when he was tackled for the safety. A talented junior who hadn't mishandled a punt all season and who could start for a lot of teams at RB, the poor kid was snakebit and didn't play any more.

MUS is over-rated, and should postmouthly be removed from any national ranking sysytem. Albeit they have a nice record, even stretching over the past 2 seasons, I feel like they haven't had the same amount of competition experienced all over Tennessee that they have in Memphis. Not to say Memphis is a bad place for football, but I definitely feel like Nashville has the stiffest competition, followed by Knoxville, then Memphis. They beat other nationally ranked teams, yes, but they definitely showed weakness Friday. Ranked teams, especially near the top 10, never show weakness.

I hope your kidding. MUS has played the TOUGHEST schedule in the state of TN. No Division 2 team even comes close to the type of schedule they have played. Everyone thinks MBA is on a roll cause they have won there last 6 or something games.. MUS has won there last 25!.. with that being said i think MUS wins by about 17

Hadouken - truly pathetic - you are becoming a leader in the race for the poorest loser on CoachT. Go to your room, put your bottle (or your thumb, after removing it from your rectum) in your mouth, and hit the books. It will not be easy getting into an Ivy League school in 2014. I think I speak for most if not all the adults on the site that it's time for you to disappear. Remember to leave your purple dress in the closet and wear red when you go to Cookeville to cheer on MBA.