Lexington at Giles Co

likearock

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a sound check on the stereo system before game time. when its time to jump around I would like to understand it. People remember the music is for the kids on the field, so just tune it out for a few hours if you cant take it. GO BOBCATS!!! BACK IN BLACK :thumb:

Ditto...Crank it up and blow the roof off the place!

And for the little ladies down front who always think its too loud, if you can bring a book to read till game time you can also bring some earplugs. Remeber its about the boys on the field and the atmosphere...so whatever it takes!

Don't tell me you use cowbells? What is it with mid tn and cowbells? I have seen them from several teams and different events, even baseball games. :thumb:

With the facilities you guys have you dont need cowbells to be loud. Just one of my little pet peeves I have. I don't like cowbells at little league/junior high/high school games. Although a football game is a better environment for them though. To each his own.

Ever noticed how fans assume character traits from the coach & team. Seems OC has a philosophy of what you don't know will bite you in the butt. You never will know what his game plan is. Talked to a parent or two plus some players and they haven't a clue about his game plan. I am proud of him, his staff, & the players for keeping their mouths shut tight about the games. They all embrace the attitude of "do the talking on the field". Its been great reading these posts from Giles fans. Yep. We fight among ourselves but if your not a Cat you don't get gloves and a bell! You get to stay on the porch. Giles has few brt's and I hope it stays that way. (brt. You still playing peek-a-boo?)

Tonight consistency and the 12th man will be the difference. Consistency comes from the players NEVER letting up or taking a play off. From top to bottom these young men will knock your socks off. The 12th man has arrived in force. You want to hear loud. Get within 5 miles of the Brickyard tonight and you'll hear loud! :thumb:

Cats by 17. :roflolk:

I have been reading the posts from the past several weeks. I have not been this interested in bobcat sports since my own state thrill back in 2003 from a different sport (the giles faithful on here will remember). Sure wish football was at this magnitude at GC back in those years as well. Not much of a trash talker but hope the bobcats can make history tonight. I will be listening to it here in Knox, thinking how good it is to keep quiet some of these East TN programs that are pretty outstanding. For those of you guessing who this newbie who never posts is, Minor Hill is still home to me.

Wonder if Lexington will bring the entire city tonight like they did to Lipscomb in 05?

If I am correct, Lexington and Giles Co. played twice in the mid 90s with Giles Co. winning both contests, and I don't think either game was close. Hopefully that trend will reverse itself tonight.

All in all, I believe that Giles Co. is overall more talented so Lexington will have to play their A game and force/capitalize on Giles Co. mistakes. If they can do that, I like their chance. I think this team may have a little Livingston Academy from 05 in them.

Well has been some time since my last post have been on the outside looking in. Really could not take it anymore, I love this stuff. The school, the town everybody is talking about Bobcat football. I too wish this type of excitement would have been around when i played. I am proud of these boys they have worked so hard for what they have done.

Now for the game, another good one will be the order of the day at the Brick Yard. My prediction last week with a close circle of friends was if Giles scores in the 30"s they win, my prediction is the same for this week if we score 30 or more we win it really does not matter how many they have it will be less than 30. Lex fans have a safe trip over, nothing like a full house on Friday night under the lights.

I sometimes feel like i could still go for maybe one or two series, or maybe not.

Strap up, as i have heard before"Run what you brung and hope you brung enough"

I doubt it. Didn't even fill the home side last week.

Football has lost some of its luster since the days when Lex was good every year. I can't explain it it just does not captivate the community as it once did. Could be the politics that have just eroded it over time?

Well then your boys are in for an experience if the Giles crowd is anything like it was last week. We have seating for 5000+ and there were 300+ standing at the fence and the common areas. We had several overflow fans on the visitor side as well as onlookers from schools all around. Hope the crowd is as good this week. Some of the folks on the sideline said the noise was deafaning. We just gotta be loud at the right times.

GO CATS!!

Boy I wish the CATS could read some of this latest stuff, but since they are in final prep time before the game we will have to show them tonight how much they mean to the community, just like we did back in the Bball STATE CHAMPION RUN. Filled up the Buro like we lived there, so we live here lets fill up THE BRICKYARD and keep this group of dedicated young men on the path to the GOLD BALL!!!!

On another note financeguy I know we played together and I will tell you this group gets me ready to hit someone everytime they play. GO CATS!!!!