Huntingdon at Union City (Playoffs)

MisterObjective

I was at the last game and before the game heard alot about how strong the UC team was. Huntingdon have not overlooked what UC can do and how good they are...HOWEVER...it seems that alot of UC people on here keeps sayin if we were healthy, oh the humidity, oh the heat....both teams played in the heat and some of the guys played through injuries and have all year, all athletes do... Gonna be great game and hope i get to make it over...I see a tight game 31-30 STANGS...

That's funny Ritz. You are calling out the UC faithful for humidity and heat. Hmmmm.....seems to me about 3 weeks ago there was a particular team crying about well, it was raining. You could get no footing on the field. And that was from your on radio people. It was raining on the other side of that 17 to squat shut down of the MIGHTY HUNTINGDON offense also.

I just find that amusing you want to throw that out there when your own team was crying about the elements October 30th.

ummm....dude, I am a Rebel fan.

I agree it is pathetic for ANYONE to use the field conditions as an excuse. I never once made a statement about it. Mckenzie was the better team, no if,and or buts about it. It doesnt matter what happened, what the conditions were or any excuse you can find....YOU LOST.... Thus on that night Huntingdon was the better team...YOU shouldnt be so quick to jump on the side of UC fans doing what you bashed the Huntingdon fans for doing, sounds like your being a little hypocritical.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Here's The Article...........Beatin' Round The Bush

10/27/09

Russell Bush

Remember when you were a kid and you would say something you shouldn’t have and your Mom said she was going to wash your mouth out with soap. With one of the biggest football games to ever be played in Carroll County approaching this is how I felt about some of the people from the communities of McKenzie and Huntingdon.

There a certain Web site on the Internet, I will not mention the name of it and it is strictly for high school sports. It is very informative, giving scores and details on schools across the state of Tennessee and boarding states. One unique feature is a message board where people can go and talk about a game or their team.

There is a thread that is currently going on the big Mustang and Rebel game that will be played this Friday at Rebel stadium. This will be one of the biggest games these two schools have played in a long time. The Mustangs hold a very large margin of victory over the history of the series, but the Rebels have won the last three games.

The Rebels have won the last three games because they have simply been the better team the last three years. This season both teams seem evenly matched and I expect a very good football game. The problem is what some people are saying on the Internet about this game and each other.

It has gone from being about the game to being about each other. The comments are condescending and insulting. The bad thing is that the talk is coming only from a few people from both sides of the creek and has turned into a mudslinging contest.

The facts have gone out the window and the thread is no longer enjoyable to read. Let’s review some of the real facts. The Mustangs have won a state championship and finished runner-up twice. The Rebels have a runner-up trophy but have been a dominating force in West Tennessee football the last several years.

The Mustangs led this series 59-20-1, but as I stated early the Rebels have won three in a row and the Mustang seniors have not defeated their Rebel counterparts in seven years going back to middle school. Both teams have outstanding players. Holder, Thompson, Melton, Simpson and Wallace for Huntingdon. Bowden, McKinney, Taylor, Johnson and Johnson and Williams along with Rogers for McKenzie.

The bloggers have ignored these facts and have gone to name calling and slurring and claiming mine is bigger than yours. It would be fun to go to a Web site and read about how both coaches and players respect each other and how they hope the best for each other. Instead we have adults trying to make each other mad over a football game. I have learned over the last several years that I still want the Mustangs to win but if they don’t it is not the end of the world. I know a lot of people from both towns and a lot of the players. I asked Coach Swenson the other day if the sun would rise the next day if they lost to the Rebels. I think you know his answer. These are kids playing a game for our enjoyment and I hope they come away from that game with life lessons learned that they can take with them forever.

This article is a bunch of dung.....

Looks to me like the writer thought he needed to give his Mustangs some sort of an edge...Seems he felt his Mustangs couldn't win unless there was some "bulletin board" material floating around the internet...I have to believe that the Mustangs would have to have been plenty fired up without this story....

This writer should actually post some on here....He should also name the website...Some people might have even come to the site and read the thread for themselves instead of having to take Mr. Bush's word for it..They would have probably seen for themselves that more than 95% of the "trash talk" on here is all in fun anyway...There is a small percentage of people on here that do try to start something but they either don't hang around long or get banned from the site by the moderators or CoachT himself..Oh, and if his newspaper has a website then a whole bunch of people from across the state could actually go to his newspaper's site and read his stuff...

I guess it was a nice little warm and fuzzy fluff article though...

And by the way...If I had been coach Swenson and this writer had asked me the question about the sun coming up tomorrow if the Rebels win the game, I would have politely told him that we don't think that way here at Huntingdon...Our plan is to win the game...Truth be known, I doubt Swenson or Comer, for that matter, give two rips about this website unless they find out they have players posting nonsense on it...

Nobody takes Bush serious any way, not even here in h-town!lol.

has anybody but me noticed there's more mckenzie people on this thread than anybody else. as a matter of fact they are more on everbody else's thread too! heck they even have three or four of their own websites! to you union city fans you are very knowledgeable with your post and good luck tonight.hope for a great game and injury free.