Underdog of the Playoffs

YAI1979

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that I am a Loudon supporter(since my son plays there), I do not feel like we are a #7 seed either. I know why we are as we finished 3rd in our region, however, 3rd in our region doesn't mean we couldn't place 1st in many other regions.

I know wht the TSSAA places teams geographically, it is to hold down the cost of travel. I really wish you could seed the whole state by classification and play it out. On the other hand, lets take a Johnson Co possibly having to travel to Milan or Wwestview and they win, then have to go back the next week.(I am only speaking as for the number of miles) It would be hard to make a team travel 6 hrs two weeks in a row for a playoff.

But if you take our quad, I honestly believe we had 6 of the top 12 teams in our class in this one quad.......... If the winner comes form this quad, which it probably will, I would have to say they earned it this year.....(As in most)

You are correct, but I did not like old way either. I have posted in other forums on what I would like to see happen. Briefly, I would love to see a flip-flop of regions after 1st round. Example

My round #2 would have looked like this.

Alcoa vs. Sullivan North

Elizabethton vs. Loudon

Polk vs. GPitt

AE vs. CAK

1st place team 2nd round would face higher remaining seed from other district.

This would also insure that the lower seeds from each districts are seperated. i,e. if Loudon beats Elizabethton they would face Alcoa. Two top teams if they make from each district would face in Final Four.