Rhea County...

BackValleyRally

well it looks like the first week is in the books, anyone have any info on a updating/semi-updated depth chart? how are the boys looking at positions?

I can give you a good idea of what the depth chart is looking like after the first week. Grant it the depth chart has changed daily and probably will continue to change. With that being said

QB- Starter- Cameron Tallent

RB- Starter- Desmond Sharp 2nd Jeremy Moffett 3rd Brok Gould

FB- Starter- Luke Everett 2nd Tyler Dennis 3rd Ethan Beddingfield

X- Starter- Issac Roddy 2nd Skylar Everett Brent Smith

Y- Starter- Chris Johnson 2nd Jeremy Moffett

Z- Starter- Timmy Loden or Caleb Sherrill 3rd Brok Gould

RT Starter- Jacob Revis

RG- Starter- Caleb Smith

C- Starter- Zach Cochran

LG- Starter- Daniel Hickman

LT- Starter- Chris Gates or Allen Cooley

DE- Starters- Jacob Revis Zach Cochran 2nd Allen Cooley Derrick Starder

NG- Starter- Hooper Kincannon

Sam- Starter- Cameron Burton 2nd Freddie Locke

Roger- Starter-Gaberial French 2nd Jon Jon Jenkins

Louie- Starter- Tyler Dennis 2nd Daniel Hickman or Caleb Jenkins

Will- Starter- Ethan Beddingfield 2nd Luke Everett

CB- Starters- Timmy Loden Caleb Sherrill 2nd Issac Roddy Kendall Hicks Brent Smith

SS- Starter- Jeremy Moffett 2nd Brok Gould

FS- Starter- Chris Johnson 2nd Skylar Everett

K and P Nick Rickert

Now there are a lot of players that are injured and once they come back will be in good contention for being a starter or get a lot of playing time. This spring so far has been very physical and some players have received some injuries this week. After yesterday there is about 13 players that are injured right now, but about half of them will be back on monday. There have been some jaw dropping hits that I havn't seen on the practice field in a very long time. Luke Everett has been a monster on offense running the ball. I know of 2 players that have received concussions from Luke. If Luke can learn to run a little better up the middle, he has endless potential. Brent Smith has been a very nice addition to the team in the secondary and at receiver. The receivers in general are getting better each day and once Jacob Kidd gets better he will add some good speed and hands. Cam Tal has been pretty impressive this week throwing the ball. We have got to find some depth on the offensive line. Revis has looked good this week. Defensively the new scheme is coming in nice. The secondary is looking better and better each day. The linebackers have been very impressive. The linebackers have been dishing out some very good hits. Ethan Beddingfield and Tyler Dennis have been very impressive. Dainel Hickman if he can get a few minor things down then I think he could play a lot at linebacker or at end. The defensive line is getting there. Also Nick Rickert worked with Josh Davis some this week and he is going to be a good one.

Just looking over that depth chart I get the feeling we'll be much improved from last season. I'm just glad I won't have to wait half of the season to see our best player touch the ball.

I'm not sure what I think of this 3-4, but anything is an improvement over the past several years.

I would like to thank all the Rhea Co. parents and booster club for an outstanding job with the BBQ, slaw, beans & potato salad after last nights scrimmage game. I am a Heritage parent and was very impressed with the hospitality from the coaches and parents at Rhea Co. I know the boys really appreciated it. Thank You and good luck this season. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...