Collierville Head coach

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Shaun Abel is the new head coach of the Dragons. Had been DC there for a long time.

Congratulations to Coach Abel.

I strongly suspect, however, that Coach Abel's "brand" of football will be just more of the same-- "Coach Cox" brand of football. Collierville really needed to go into a totally new direction, IMHO.

oh well....I wish the new Coach all the best @ Collierville. Time will tell if he can advance the football program beyond its perpetual "6 wins-4 loss/ 7 wins-4 loss" type campaigns.

It's my opinion. Like TraderB said, 7-4 seasons seemed to be the norm over the past several years. It just seems like nothing will change when you hire a guy that learned everything he knows from the coach that was there for 30+ years.

I know Shawn Abel is a straight up guy that seems to be very well liked and respected by most of the team as well as other students that don't even play. I say give him a chance. I would also say that just because he has worked under Coach Cox for all these years, he didn't necessarily "learn" everything he knows from him. I think he's smart enough, (in fact I know he is very intelligent), to know that things need to change and fully expect him to make changes. Give him a chance before passing judgement!

Re: Collierville Head coach

by wsttnballer » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:42 pm

BMack wrote:

Fair enough, but it was said a while back on here that Collierville needed some new blood in there. And right or wrong, I agree with that, and I'm sticking to it.

I hear ya. I think (hope) Shawn will provide the new blood needed.

------------------

He's the "West TN film man". :thumb: