Private Schools Recruit... Well Duh.

wareagle41

It's not that I think private schools are better. They ARE better. This is a proven fact. Just do your research. My kids wouldn't get scholarships for athletics because our school is not allowed to give athletic or academic scholarships. Again, do your research. TSSAA allows "need based" financial aid for athletes. If your income is insufficient to play the tuition, you are eligible. If you attend a DI school your kids can't play sports. I don't want my kids in public schools just like I didn't want to attend them myself. You picked the wrong fight.

It's not that I think private schools are better. They ARE better. This is a proven fact. Just do your research. My kids wouldn't get scholarships for athletics because our school is not allowed to give athletic or academic scholarships. Again, do your research. TSSAA allows "need based" financial aid for athletes. If your income is insufficient to play the tuition, you are eligible. If you attend a DI school your kids can't play sports. I don't want my kids in public schools just like I didn't want to attend them myself. You picked the wrong fight.

What research shows that private schools are better? TEST SCORES! Private schools test good students , with caring parents who push their child to do their best........thats it!! While public schools test those students with caring parents who push them to do their best...AND students who have NO support at home..,. AND students who cant speak english....AND students in SPED.... need I continue. Teachers and administrators at public schools are typically just as good as the ones at private schools, test score data shows who has the best % of students not the best students. Throw out all the bad apples and you have a pretty nice bushell! unfortunately the real world will always have bad apples. this is a fact! do some research!!

Edited by old24eagle

The difference in your points and mine is that mine are not my opinion, they are the facts. I have nothing against public school students. I have actively supported public schools in many ways in my career. But the facts are not reflected in your bias. I'm not trying to make this into class warfare. I'm just saying private, Christian education is preferable in many ways to most public education options. If you can take your bias out of the equation and actually listen to those who know, you will have to arrive at the same conclusions.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

The difference in your points and mine is that mine are not my opinion, they are the facts. I have nothing against public school students. I have actively supported public schools in many ways in my career. But the facts are not reflected in your bias. I'm not trying to make this into class warfare. I'm just saying private, Christian education is preferable in many ways to most public education options. If you can take your bias out of the equation and actually listen to those who know, you will have to arrive at the same conclusions.

Take the bias out of yours! Take the top 10 students out of every school in the state private and public and their test scores will be virtually the same! I know private schools serve a purpose. Parents who feel like they need to protect their children from the real worlsd as long as possible either home school or send their kids to private schools..... then complain about still paying taxes.

• Upvote 1

Take the bias out of yours! Take the top 10 students out of every school in the state private and public and their test scores will be virtually the same! I know private schools serve a purpose. Parents who feel like they need to protect their children from the real worlsd as long as possible either home school or send their kids to private schools..... then complain about still paying taxes.

:roll: :roll:

Yep thats the only reasons...you hit it on the head....I've been involved with both and you hit it on the head...Private School Parents are weirdos :mrgreen: Public School parents have it all together and only send their kids to school that they are district for and never move to go to a better school, yep your right Public school parents never change school because they want a better enviroment for their children or better test scores...yep you are one truly smart guy ^_^

Yep thats the only reasons...you hit it on the head....I've been involved with both and you hit it on the head...Private School Parents are weirdos :mrgreen: Public School parents have it all together and only send their kids to school that they are district for and never move to go to a better school, yep your right Public school parents never change school because they want a better enviroment for their children or better test scores...yep you are one truly smart guy ^_^

Parents who care enough don't have to move schools to get better test scores....Their children will have the support they need at home to produce solid test scores. Private Schools have parents who want whats best for their children, are willing to help and support their children, and have the financial means to send them to a private school. All of the children at public schools with parents like that produce just as good of test scores as the ones at private schools. I'm telling you the data is not reliable and the FACTS george keeps throwin out are just as bad. OK I'll give it to you ....Private schools produce higher average test scores! you happy now. All of yalls BIAS refuse to see my point. Private schools don't HAVE to average in thye scores from kids who fill out the test as fast as they can so they can go to sleep..Private schools dont HAVE to test kids who are starving on test day! Private schools don't have to test CDC and SPED students. They don't test kids who cant speak english, they don't test kids whose parents where fighting all night, they dont test kids who cant afford to buy paper and pencils let alone computers and internet access. Swap a class of freshman at a private school with a class of freshman at a public school. In 4 years 10 teachers at the private school will have quit and the public school will have higher test scores in that class thats a promise!

Parents who care enough don't have to move schools to get better test scores....Their children will have the support they need at home to produce solid test scores. Private Schools have parents who want whats best for their children, are willing to help and support their children, and have the financial means to send them to a private school. All of the children at public schools with parents like that produce just as good of test scores as the ones at private schools. I'm telling you the data is not reliable and the FACTS george keeps throwin out are just as bad. OK I'll give it to you ....Private schools produce higher average test scores! you happy now. All of yalls BIAS refuse to see my point. Private schools don't HAVE to average in thye scores from kids who fill out the test as fast as they can so they can go to sleep..Private schools dont HAVE to test kids who are starving on test day! Private schools don't have to test CDC and SPED students. They don't test kids who cant speak english, they don't test kids whose parents where fighting all night, they dont test kids who cant afford to buy paper and pencils let alone computers and internet access. Swap a class of freshman at a private school with a class of freshman at a public school. In 4 years 10 teachers at the private school will have quit and the public school will have higher test scores in that class thats a promise!

Let me clarify when I said I have been involved with both...I meant to say I have taught in both and you are incorrect on this issue as far as why parents take their kids to private schools, but correct on test scores as an average, but they are alot of kids who struggle in private schools as well with c averages, not all private school children are valedictorians and not not all public school kids are slackers, so STOP trying to pigeon hole everyone, if you're a good student you can make it anywhere....and with the fast paced generation we have become alot of kids private and public don't get the attention they need at home!!

Edited by skydogg25

Let me clarify when I said I have been involved with both...I meant to say I have taught in both and you are incorrect on this issue as far as why parents take their kids to private schools, but correct on test scores as an average, but they are alot of kids who struggle in private schools as well with c averages, not all private school children are valedictorians and not not all public school kids are slackers, so STOP trying to pigeon hole everyone, if you're a good student you can make it anywhere....and with the fast paced generation we have become alot of kids private and public don't get the attention they need at home!!

Well said.

I agree with just about everything you said. You pretty much backed up my main point. It's NOT the school or the teachers that make privates test scores better, its the students, and not as much the students that privates have but the ones they DONT.

• 4 weeks later...

Private school teachers also don't have to "teach down" the entire class so that kids that have no interest in learning aren't left behind, nor do they have to put up with constant disruptions from troublemakers who don't want to be there. Private school students don't have to worry about being bullied or worse for participating in class and actually trying to learn. Unfortunately, some of the public schools are unable to provide a positive learning environment.