Rockwood @ Boyd-Buchanan

BnL

From a Cascade Fan: Sounds like Boyd pretty much had their way with Rockwood 42-0 at the half... My question is this: Is Cascade (7-0 at the halftime last week) that much better than Rockwood or was Boyd just playing a lot better ball tonight ? I thought Cascade was still in the game and had a chance to win until Boyd scored it's second TD late in the third. Cascade never did quit... they just got behind and had to start taking chances which resulted in turnovers that took them out of the game. Just wondered how Cascade would match up against RW.

You beat me to the punch, Boxman. I was running over the "what might of been" scenerio this morning also. I think the results showed Cascade was the second best on the East side of the bracket and would of been in Cookeville if we'd figured out a way to get by Boyd. Great job Boyd! Should be a great matchup with Trousdale.

Yes, C11 I was just thinking about "what might have been". It is entirely possible that Boyd had an off night against Cascade... A team, on matter how good or how well disciplined, can have an off night. Cascade played their best half of football all year in the last half of the Signal Mountain game the week before the Boyd game. Most teams just naturally play better at home, I'm sure Boyd does and I know Cascade plays a lot better at The Stable than they do on the road.

Cascade was a better team this year for having played the tough schedule early on this year... but if we had played the creampuffs and been 10-0 instead of 7-3 going into the playoffs we would have gotten a better seed and probably played the Boyd game at The Stable...

Oh what might have been...

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Boyd Buchanan. Good Luck at State. To answer any questions, we played horrible in the first half. We made a lot of mistakes we don't normally make. Boyd is a great team and it showed last night. It really hurt us when we fumbled the kickoff and they scored on it. They are well coached and did a great job! We look to reload for next year, but have some questions that will need to be answered. Good Luck again to Boyd.

No WHINING here! Just presenting a few questions and stating the obvious! I never wrote anything that would take away from the strength and performance of the Bucs in their ability to play football. However, maybe you should present a better argument than saying someone is whining, and present evidence that supports the fairness of the current setup if you don't want small public schools to think along these lines. This makes me think that Roane County should rotate their star players from school to school to increase winning potential and possible college scholarships. Where would you rather fish out of a pond or a lake? And do you use a regular hook to catch your fish, or do you use a special hook? What about bait, do you use a regular ol' worm, or do you use special bait to lure in the big ones?

Don't be so defensive, the game is over.

I'll be rooting for all of the public schools in the final rounds.

I did not realize how good BBS defense was last night until I seen the stats this morning. Rockwood only had 94 total yard offense.

Rockwood was not very good this yr. They overachieved against Oneida and Hampton. They need to be thankful for making it that far. They weren't supposed too.

They lost 28-7 to a team we just beat 57-13. That quadrant was weak this year. Moving TC and FC to the west was lucky for Boyd

I agree Zone on TC anytime you get them out of your side of the bracket the better you are. I'm sure SP would have loved to see that last year. FC I think they are better than Rockwood but I think we could of beat them by a couple of TD's. But we will never know good luck to the Pirates

Well, Rockwood is no doubt a tough squad. It looks like boyd just had to much talent from looking at the final score. I was impressed by Rockwoods grit and determination when they came down and ousted Oneida from the playoffs. They showed great toughness. Its just to bad that their assistant coaches up in the press box acted like fools during that game. It's normal to be excited about the game, its another thing when your cussing, bangin on tables in front of kids especially. It just showed no class. But I think the Rockwood community and players are much better examples than they.