South Pittsburg AT Grace Christian

powerp

I understand you guys have to be pretty solid to run up the record and scores the Pirates have had this year. As with any team, there's room for improvement. What areas do you guys struggle in? You were beat twice, I understand T. Robinson was sick in one of those games, what about the other game, what happened there?

GCA struggles from time to time with protection. I will say, Hopkins is pretty mobile. Our protection has been much better the 2nd half of the season.

It has been tough on teams to cover our receivers, they seem to find open spaces. GCA has been plaqued by the yellow hanky. We will have to cut that out this week in order to win.

What about #77 for you guys, I read that he was ejected, is that an automatic suspension for this game, and what effect will that play?

boyd was one loss and t. rob was out and the other was polk county. they was a very solid 3a team with some BIG boys. my opinion we came out with our heads stuck up in the air and over looked them. they was up 28-0 at half time until very very late in the 3rd quarter. so more or less we didnt play ball until the 4th quarter and we put up 28 on them and held them to 7 so we just have to concentrate and not over look any team. #77 was 2nd or 3rd string so he shouldn't affect us.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading in my Murphy Fair book about some of these matchups and Grider needs to matchup that Fennell boy on that Eric Williams boy. My book says that Fennell is 6 foot 4 inches and 220 pounds and this Williams boy is 6 foot 5 inches and 220 pounds. If Grider will buy Fennell some of those cleat extensions then he will be 6 foot 5 inches and be able to guard this boy. I hope Grider has Fennell lifting weights this week so he will be able to guard this boy real good. You think Im joking cause Im not.

All I can say is; it'll be another Greenback an Grace style game...but this time Pitt will be scoring quickly(it's just something bout orange and black) and Grace won't have their second half comeback, cause Pitt won't run out of gas like Greenback did. In other words, it's going to be he11 on wheels for GCA...

Pitt fans don't forget to bring all your 'Lodge' cast iron, seasonings and marinades; for a big Ram cookout. :flower:

I understand you guys have to be pretty solid to run up the record and scores the Pirates have had this year. As with any team, there's room for improvement. What areas do you guys struggle in? You were beat twice, I understand T. Robinson was sick in one of those games, what about the other game, what happened there?

GCA struggles from time to time with protection. I will say, Hopkins is pretty mobile. Our protection has been much better the 2nd half of the season.

It has been tough on teams to cover our receivers, they seem to find open spaces. GCA has been plaqued by the yellow hanky. We will have to cut that out this week in order to win.

What about #77 for you guys, I read that he was ejected, is that an automatic suspension for this game, and what effect will that play?

Boyd was the first loss and fans had to wait almost 3 hours for the start of that game due to heavy rain and a tornado warning. This game should have been postponed due to the weather BUT that is another story. Anyway, yes T. Robinson was sick with the flu. The Pirate D almost won this one. Our offense was slowed by several turnovers but all in all the Pirates played hard and just got beat. Most of us Pirate fans feel like we could have won that game with Robinson in the lineup, but you have to play with what you have at the time. The Polk loss was due to the Pirates taking them too lightly. Polk punched them in the mouth the first half and the Pirates evened the score in the second but came up short. I think they learned a lesson that night not to underestimate any team. I expect a hard hitting, high energy game Friday....if you get this far in the playoffs, you must be a good team. Here is looking for an injury free game. :flower:

I'm hearing that GCA is alot like the 2006 Temple team that embarrassed the pirates. :flower: I personally believe the 2009 Pirates are perhaps a better team than the Pirates of 2006, but this might just be the closest game of the playoffs for SP. :flower:

I was told the same thing. SP will get embarrassed again. I cann't wait to hear how Temple cheated,In 06,they will said the same thing after Friday.......... plus they will turn on each other, their team and coachs

Blue collar against white collar. Preppy boys against young hard working men. SP has all the advantages of this game except home field but more than likely we will make it feel like home field when the Pirates start to roll. Is Grace being overlooked? No. Just stating what I think and that is Grace is the new kids on the block and SP know's what it's like to get this far and win and I believe that will be the difference. I see maybe a close game till midway 2nd quarter and then I see the Pirates tough schedule they've played this year to take over the game. I'm not disrespecting Grace at all but believe me come palyoff time SP can smell victory.. I will go with a final score of about SP42- Grace-20..

I was also wondering... how are the beverages? Is the hot cocoa up to Pirate caliber? How about the quiche? Are the finger sandwiches ok? :o You all... we don't get gov't money! So it takes a lil' while to build up our facilities. You all will survive I promise.

I hate do burst your bubble but the facilities at Beene Stadium were built mostly by donations, fund raisers and community effort. Its got an accumulation of about 47 years of work to get it where it is. But its been pretty good through the years. They also sell tickets at the gate, a lot of them during the season.

I wonder how a stuffed Ram head is going to look in the Pirate trophy case . . . pass the bbq sauce.

Beene Stadium has came a long ways since my first visit in '93!

Sorry, I've got some catching up to do on this thread!!! :thumb: