South Pittsburg AT Grace Christian

powerp

Can any of ya'll post some pics of your stadium so we can see what we are dealing with?

I've been by the stadium. It's small but we've been to smaller. No one, and I mean NO ONE should let the seating arrangements be a reason not to go. The Pirates not only need everyone to show up but they deserve every to show up. Just get there early and get a spot.

Also, I took Pellissippi Parkway to Oak Ridge Highway. It was a pretty easy drive in, that is the way I would suggest going.

Only picture I could find. Of course it is from the home side.

112009grace-harriman-greene6_t607.jpg

Powerp do you think this is all there fans?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Grace have a track around their field?? With little seating I am sure it will be 4-5 deep around the field from our folks....Knox will be packed out Friday Night...Good gate it seems like...glad we get half :roflolk:

There's a big hill that the stadium sits at the bottom of. I can't remember if any part of it is inside the fence or not. If so then it could offer a view to those who get there in time.

Sailor it's nice to see your posts. You are maybe the most insightful sincere and gracious of our crew.Thanks for always being a true fan.Grace is a good team ,we should give them some credit.Our young players are responding at the right time.These Pirates appear to be sailing on into a glorious semi-final tilt.With all goals still in their sights.

I'm hearing that GCA is alot like the 2006 Temple team that embarrassed the pirates. :lol: I personally believe the 2009 Pirates are perhaps a better team than the Pirates of 2006, but this might just be the closest game of the playoffs for SP. :lol:

I lived in Chattanooga in 06 and watched Temple play several times. I think I was at the Temple vs. SP game. Wasn't it at Finely Stadium? It was like watching basketball on grass. Spread 5 wide with killer speed in the skill positions. I live in Knoxville now. I have seen GCA play several times this year. In my opinion, Temple was much more explosive offensively than this Grace team. Grace is more balanced. Thye run the ball pretty effectively. THeir skill plaers are fast, but nothing like Temple.

Grace does play pretty solid "D" for the most part. They are much better defensively than Temple. Temple was much more explosive on "O" than Grace.

Haven't seen SP play this year. Hoping for a good game. Wrap up, it is going to be cold. Possible snow flurries.

Can any of ya'll post some pics of your stadium so we can see what we are dealing with?

I've been by the stadium. It's small but we've been to smaller. No one, and I mean NO ONE should let the seating arrangements be a reason not to go. The Pirates not only need everyone to show up but they deserve every to show up. Just get there early and get a spot.

Also, I took Pellissippi Parkway to Oak Ridge Highway. It was a pretty easy drive in, that is the way I would suggest going.

Only picture I could find. Of course it is from the home side.

112009grace-harriman-greene6_t607.jpg

Powerp do you think this is all there fans?

Well I am wondering where everybody else is at in this picture lol

Does Grace have a track around their field?? With little seating I am sure it will be 4-5 deep around the field from our folks....Knox will be packed out Friday Night...Good gate it seems like...glad we get half :lol:

There's a big hill that the stadium sits at the bottom of. I can't remember if any part of it is inside the fence or not. If so then it could offer a view to those who get there in time.

seating is outside the fence,if they have not done some work on the visitors side,it was awful last year,had to walk through the mud to get to the visitors side,very hard on the older people had elderly ladies fall in the mud trying to go around the fence to get to the visitors side,last year they had portable bleachers that may have held 60 people.hopefully they have worked on it.at first they wouldnt let us walk across the field to get there,after people started falling in the mud they let us.Remember the words GRACE CHRISTIAN,after the game gets started,amazing how quick they forget!

Does Grace have a track around their field?? With little seating I am sure it will be 4-5 deep around the field from our folks....Knox will be packed out Friday Night...Good gate it seems like...glad we get half :lol:

seating is outside the fence,if they have not done some work on the visitors side,it was awful last year,had to walk through the mud to get to the visitors side,very hard on the older people had elderly ladies fall in the mud trying to go around the fence to get to the visitors side,last year they had portable bleachers that may have held 60 people.hopefully they have worked on it.at first they wouldnt let us walk across the field to get there,after people started falling in the mud they let us.Remember the words GRACE CHRISTIAN,after the game gets started,amazing how quick they forget!

If our fans wanted to walk across the endzone to get to the other side because of mud...well...I am sure 99% of us would walk across regardless of who told us not to :lol:

Anyways they better have more than a 60 person bleacher...they will have that many people there from our side 2 hours before the game

pepsi man is fixing to tell you how to beat the pirate machine.just do what polk co did.only problem is,dont think any 1a team are as strong as polk co,they had 2 physical backs and a strong qb.they also had some well coached players,if grace beat rockwood that says enough for itself,the pirates better turn it up a notch and they can,this should be a great game,one thing is for sure,the pirates are well coached and have a couple big time play makers.SP WILL SCORE 35 POINTS HOW MANY WILL GRACE SCORE

go PIRATES..,

http://karamckamey.smugmug.com/GCA-High-School-Sports/GCA-vs-CAK/9369014_i9wEU#627043575_dAog3

Here are some pictures made by a professional Photog (Kara McKamey) of Grace Christion Facilities. If you scan thru them you can get a good idea of what to expect.

Go Pirates

Awesome pics thanks. Looks like we better bring blankets and chairs or show up Thursday to get a seat.

:lol:

http://karamckamey.smugmug.com/GCA-High-School-Sports/GCA-vs-CAK/9369014_i9wEU#627043575_dAog3

Here are some pictures made by a professional Photog (Kara McKamey) of Grace Christion Facilities. If you scan thru them you can get a good idea of what to expect.

Go Pirates

Awesome pics thanks. Looks like we better bring blankets and chairs or show up Thursday to get a seat.

You are welcome....I look forward to great game and a huge crowd!!! Go Pirates